2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2012 mustang pricing

Search this Thread

Old 2/4/11, 07:41 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by knightrdrx
If I don't get that I walk. Will I be a walkin' or a buyin'?
Wear comfortable shoes.
Old 2/6/11, 05:19 PM
V6 Member

I stopped at one dealership right before the superbowl. (long island) I showed him I had his holdback pricing and he came back with his offer of $500 over invoice and that was his final offer and claimed he was making $125 and the $1300 in holdback isn't profit. He said why haggle over a few hundred. If you do any other dealership will give you a hard time later on. ..well a few hundred buys me alot of things and it's fair.
I think he's full of it. I didn't get confronted by the manager before I left so why was he so quick to sell a car on $125 profit for himself. Who would want that job?
Old 2/7/11, 12:37 AM
Bullitt Member

I really just prefer to stay with the xplan, $750 coupon, and any available rebates. I really do not think it is worth it to haggle for anything more than this. It is easy, too. I just find a dealer that is willing to take xplan, then everything else is just by what Ford is offering. The price is fair for both and we should both be happy. Car salesman do a lot of work, so I do not need to try to give them the 3rd degree unless they are lying to me.
Old 2/7/11, 06:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Orleans Ford in Medina, NY has offered to order me a '12 Mustang GT for $500 UNDER invoice. Performance Ford in Randolph, NJ is supposedly willing to beat any offer by $300. I am working with them to see if they stick to their word.
Old 2/7/11, 09:47 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ramairgt1
Orleans Ford in Medina, NY has offered to order me a '12 Mustang GT for $500 UNDER invoice. Performance Ford in Randolph, NJ is supposedly willing to beat any offer by $300. I am working with them to see if they stick to their word.
Those are great deals, let us know if they pan out, I'd drive 130 miles for that type of savings.
Old 2/7/11, 03:09 PM
V6 Member

I got my target price this morning dealing with a very young sales manager who didn't give me a hard time at all. This time I waited until the very end to show him my breakdown as to why I was asking him to lower his initial offer by $1100 and he agreed to do just a bit over invoice
I'm happy. Too bad the other guy was greedy..he got nothing...I learned a few more things this time and hopefully won't have to do this for a long time.

Last edited by knightrdrx; 2/7/11 at 03:16 PM. Reason: fforgotsomething
Old 2/7/11, 04:12 PM

I placed an order for a '12 a few weeks ago and got it for invoice price. My advice is do not buy the first day, shop multiple dealerships, and spend no more than an hour at each dealer. Set an alarm on your phone and when it goes off tell them you have to attend to something important that came up.

The first dealer quoted me $500 over invoice. I was able to leave there with his printout showing the options i was ordering along with his pricing. The second dealer said there was no way he could sell me the car under MSRP until i showed him the printout from the first dealer, at which point he offered to match. Two days later he called me and offered $250 over invoice.

The third dealer actually built and quoted my car through email for $700 over invoice. When i told him about my other two offers he said he could sell for $100 over. All through email! I showed up the next day and he wrote it up for invoice price and i didnt complain. I spent all of 10 minutes there before signing the paperwork. So the bottom line is figure out a fair price to pay and stick to it. Someone will agree to it.

One more note for NJ buyers. NJ has a legimate fee called NJ Supplemental Titling Fee which is added to cars that cost over $45000 or get less than 19 MPG average (average of city and highway). The first two dealers charged me this fee which was about $135. Problem is the Mustang gets 21.5 MPG average and mine was well below $45000. Do not let them charge this fee.
Old 2/7/11, 04:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by knightrdrx
I got my target price this morning dealing with a very young sales manager who didn't give me a hard time at all. This time I waited until the very end to show him my breakdown as to why I was asking him to lower his initial offer by $1100 and he agreed to do just a bit over invoice
I'm happy. Too bad the other guy was greedy..he got nothing...I learned a few more things this time and hopefully won't have to do this for a long time.
Watch for large admin fees and other added services/charges....
Old 2/10/11, 12:47 PM
V6 Member

No, All that was included. well i meant it was 120 over invoice before the fees and those fees i was expecting even though i feel they are excessive. 120 for dmv, 485 fdaf, 70 for title or something, 12.50 tire, ..don't have it in front of me..
Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky
Watch for large admin fees and other added services/charges....

Last edited by knightrdrx; 2/10/11 at 01:02 PM. Reason: revise
Old 2/10/11, 01:05 PM
V6 Member

I agree, always have a piece of paper in your pocket so you can prove him wrong ..wow..i would have said, sorry..you shouldn't have lied to me in the first place..no deal.

"The second dealer said there was no way he could sell me the car under MSRP until i showed him the printout from the first dealer, at which point he offered to match. Two days later he called me and offered $250 over invoice."