2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2011 Ingot Silver GT & impressions

Search this Thread

Old 7/16/10, 10:57 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 Ingot Silver GT & impressions

Prior to the 2011, I've only driven an auto '94 GT and a 5spd '01 Cobra, both of which weren't mine. Drove a stick Ranger through high school and part of college, and then drove a Camry until my 2011 GT. Test drove a 2010 GT last year, which ended all cross shopping for me. That's the perspective I'm coming from.

...and holy cow these GTs awesome! Aside from not being ready to own one until now, why the heck haven't I owned a Mustang sooner?

I've read lots of the impressions everyone has shared so far, and I don't really have anything different to say than what's been already said (buuuuut that won't stop me from writing). The sound at idle can be too quiet for some, but for me it's enough with the windows down, or with the windows down in a tunnel, or the windows down in a garage... you get the idea. There's some thunder in its growl around the 1k-3k range.

Get above 4k RPM, and it really wakes up and roars to life. "Spirited" shifting from 1-2 locks a near permanent grin on my face. 3rd and 4th gear feel amazing to me in how much they pull and how smoothly and quickly it does it (even with only about half throttle or less). Never had skip shift force me into 4th yet. I have seen the display under the tach tell me to once or twice, but I just kept it in 1st until the notice went away (by going to higher RPMs).

I skipped out on the Brembo package in favor of 18"s, not a popular choice, but glad I did. I haven't done any serious hard breaking, but haven't caught myself saying "wish I got the better brakes." The ride pretty smooth, but has enough stiffness to effectively communicate the road underneath. Handling, acceleration, and braking all feel very much at my command. It's a new feeling for me, knowing that the car performs as I perform, and it makes me want to be a better driver. It's enough to get me considering taking some classes for performance driving. Not to race, but to experience the car the way it wants to be experienced.

The cabin is incredibly quiet and not something I was expecting. The level of road noise you get feels comparable to something you'd expect out of a nice sedan, maybe even better than some. Definitely helps when having to take a random call over Sync and bluetooth, and from a couple of tests the call clarity mops the floor with my Jawbone Hero headset.

Long story short, the 2011 GTs rock. Skip shift isn't a problem, the stock exhaust sound is subjective, 1st gear isn't THAT short with the 3.73's, premium trim is worth it over the base, and oh, yeah, it rocks. My thanks and props to Brian and the good folks at Bowen Scarff Ford!
Attached Thumbnails 2011 Ingot Silver GT & impressions-dsc00656.jpg   2011 Ingot Silver GT & impressions-dsc00659.jpg   2011 Ingot Silver GT & impressions-dsc00674.jpg   2011 Ingot Silver GT & impressions-dsc00643.jpg  
Old 7/16/10, 11:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very nice!
Old 7/16/10, 11:58 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by druice
My thanks and props to Brian and the good folks at Bowen Scarff Ford!
Andrew, thanks for the business and the kudos! I'm so pleased that we could be a part of your Mustang experience! I think your car looks sharp. In fact, I ordered an exact duplicate of it to have available for sale - should be here in a few weeks. The spoiler delete option is nice to have (I ordered my '07 GT w/o a spoiler, too). I've ordered several '11's with the chromed 18" wheels like yours. So nice to see so many nice wheel options from the factory! Thanks for the write up on your new ride!

Last edited by Five Oh Brian; 7/17/10 at 10:28 PM.
Old 7/17/10, 12:10 AM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Very nice! Congratulations!

As much as I love Sterling Gray, I believe I prefer the lighter colors such as Ingot Silver because of the 2010+ 'Stang's contrasting black elements. It looks great!
Old 7/17/10, 06:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Sharp! Love the spoiler delete too.

Planning to mod it anytime soon?
Old 7/17/10, 02:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats on the color choice. I'm waiting for my silver ingot/spoiler delete. Yours looks great. I also did 401A, but with the red brick. I'd love to see more photos of yours when you have some.
Old 7/17/10, 03:32 PM
V6 Member

Very nice car! Congratulations! Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

Good Luck.
Old 7/17/10, 05:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Congrats.. And I just love that magic 4k spot on the RPM gauge..
Old 7/17/10, 06:44 PM
V6 Member

Silver with the 401a grabber blue is a very nice combo. Guess I'm biased though. Good to see another, congrats!
Old 7/17/10, 08:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Wow that makes Ingot look SO frosty. Beautiful. I love those wheels, just wish they were wider!
Old 7/19/10, 12:53 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
The spoiler delete option is nice to have (I ordered my '07 GT w/o a spoiler, too). I've ordered several '11's with the chromed 18" wheels like yours. So nice to see so many nice wheel options from the factory! Thanks for the write up on your new ride!
I was never a fan of the decklid spoiler. Going without it shows off the contours and lines well, gives them such a sleek look. Pictures don't do the 18" aluminum wheels justice! They look so much better in person, and don't look as if they might be too small compared to the other 19" wheel options.

Originally Posted by Silverback
Sharp! Love the spoiler delete too.

Planning to mod it anytime soon?
No plans yet. Wishlist, yeah it's getting there! I keep eyeing out the Roush front and 2010 GT500 wheels. In stock form, I'm still grinning ear to ear every time I walk up to the car and start her up.

Originally Posted by danimal15
Congrats on the color choice. I'm waiting for my silver ingot/spoiler delete. Yours looks great. I also did 401A, but with the red brick. I'd love to see more photos of yours when you have some.
Silver & Brick Red make for an awesome sporty look, you're going to love that combo! Hopefully I'll get some nicer pics done soon. Waiting on friends that do some photography on the side.

Originally Posted by laserred38
Wow that makes Ingot look SO frosty. Beautiful. I love those wheels, just wish they were wider!
Me too! Wish Ford offered these in 18 x 9's and 18 x 10's. That would have been perfect for me. I dig these wheels a lot as is though.

Originally Posted by ttiguy
Silver with the 401a grabber blue is a very nice combo. Guess I'm biased though. Good to see another, congrats!
Your 2010 GT has a sweet color combo too! I remember checking out some of the pics in the Silver photos thread and saw the GB striped interior. One look and I told myself that's what I was getting. Matches all the ambient blue lighting too!

Originally Posted by 28.
Congrats.. And I just love that magic 4k spot on the RPM gauge..
That's the smile on my face every time I hit that spot!