The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   2011 ford mustang gt pcm codes (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/2011-ford-mustang-gt-pcm-codes-538739/)

haitham 9/7/15 06:44 PM

2011 ford mustang gt pcm codes

Car has been idling like crap recently, plugged my sct and got the following codes:
p2195 and p2626

Does this mean i need to change my bank1 o2 sensor?

Im running longtubes with offroad xpipe for two years.

Any suggestions are appreciated

David Young 9/8/15 04:45 AM

Do you have a catch can (oil seperator)? If so, check for a leak. A leak in the PCV system can cause a code P2195. The code P2626 'could' be a dirty MAF sensor. Buy and use a spray can of MAF cleaner sold at autopart stores. Be very careful with the MAF sensor, it can break easy.

haitham 9/8/15 11:31 AM

I just checked the catch can, no leaks.
Do you think its the o2 sensor or the connections?

David Young 9/8/15 12:49 PM

If this link works it gives a list of things to look at

Your OBD-II Trouble Codes Repair Site

Home
Trouble Codes
FAQs
Forums
Store

P2195 O2 Sensor Signal Biased/Stuck Lean (Bank 1 Sensor 1) Code

OBD-II Trouble Code Technical Description

O2 A/F Sensor Signal Biased/Stuck Lean (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

What does that mean?

This code is a generic powertrain code. It is considered generic because it applies to all makes and models of vehicles (1996-newer), although specific repair steps may be slightly different depending on the model.

On some vehicles, such as Toyotas, this is actually referring to A/F sensors, Air/Fuel ratio sensors. Which are basically more sensitive versions of oxygen sensors.

The powertrain control module (PCM) monitors the air/fuel ratio of the exhaust using oxygen (O2) sensors, and tries to keep things at the normal air/fuel ratio of 14.7:1 via the fuel system. The oxygen A/F sensor outputs a voltage reading that the PCM uses. This DTC is set when the air/fuel ratio as read by the PCM has strayed so far from 14.7:1 that the PCM can no longer correct it.

Bank #1 is the side of the engine that contains cylinder #1. This code specifically refers to the sensor between the engine and catalytic converter (not the one behind it).

Note: This DTC is very similar to P2196, P2197, P2198. If you have multiple DTC codes, always fix them in the order they appear.

Symptoms

For this DTC, the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) will illuminate. There may be other symtoms.

Causes

Potential causes of a P2195 code include:
•Oxygen (O2) or A/F ratio sensor or sensor heater malfunction
•Open or short in O2 sensor circuit (wiring, harness)
•Fuel pressure or fuel injector problem
•Faulty PCM
•Intake air or engine vacuum leaks
•Faulty fuel injector(s)
•Fuel pressure too high or too low
•PCV system leak/fault
•A/F sensor relay faulty
•MAF sensor malfunction
•ECT sensor malfunction
•Fuel pressure too low
•Fuel leak
•Air suction in air intake system

Diagnostic Steps & Possible Solutions

Use a scan tool to get readings from the sensor, and monitor the short and long term fuel trim values and O2 sensor or Air Fuel Ratio sensor readings. Also, look at the freeze frame data to see the conditions at the time the code was set. That should help determine if the O2 AF sensor is operating correctly. Compare with manufacturers values.

If you don’t have access to a scan tool, you could use a multimeter and back-probe the terminals on the O2 sensor wiring connector. Check for shorts to ground, short to power, open circuits, etc. Compare specs with manufacturers specifications.

Visually inspect the wiring & connectors leading to the sensor, check for loose connectors, wires rubbed/chaffed, melted wires, etc. Repair as necessary.

Visually inspect vacuum lines. You can also test for vacuum leaks using propane or carburetor cleaner along the hoses while the engine is running, if the RPMs change you likely found the leak. Be very careful if doing that, and have a fire extinguisher within reach in case something goes wrong. For example, on a bunch of Ford vehicles, the hose that goes from the PCV to the throttle body can melt causing P2195, P2197, P0171, and/or P0174 codes. If a vacuum leak is determined to be the problem, it would be prudent to replace all vacuum lines if they are getting older, becoming brittle, etc.

Use a digital volt ohm meter (DVOM) to check other sensors mentioned such as MAF, IAT, for proper operation.

Perform a fuel pressure test, verify readings against manufacturers specification.

If you’re on a budget and you only have an engine with more than one bank and the problem is only with one bank, you could swap the sensor from one bank to the other, clear the code, and see if the code is followed to the other bank. That would tell you it is the sensor/heater itself that’s failed.

Check for outstanding technical service bulletins (TSB) for your vehicle, in some cases the PCM can be recalibrated to fix this (not a common fix though). TSBs could also call for replacement of the sensor.

When replacing oxygen / AF sensors, be sure to use a high quality ones. In many cases non-OEM sensors are of lesser quality and will not perform correctly. We strongly recommend you stick with OEM brand replacements.

Register now to ask a question (free)

Related P2195 DTC Discussions
•2003 Escape P2195 P2197 P0172 P0174 P0175
2003 Escape 3.0 at idle starts to surge I took this to a shop and it gave me the following codes P2195 P2197 P0172 P0174 P0175 Seems to run fine except for when you come to a stop and let it idle and the surge begins to start. If I unplug the MAF it runs great...Plug it back in and it surges and d...

•2004 ford focus code P2195 help
1st time ever question on a forum, next stop $$$$ repair shop ! I have replaced 02 sensors, Maf, tps, IAC , Car idols rough after about 10 mins stalls, runs great while driving, didn't replace egr yet' 130,000 miles on it, any thoughts guys ! Im at the end of rope now. I checked for vacuum leaks, &...

•2010 Corolla P2195 and P0138 and VSC OFF indicator lights on
I was able to clear the codes, but they came back after 80km of driving. Can the A/F sensor, bank 1 sensor 1 (P2195) and Heated O2 sensor, bank 1 sensor 2 (P0138) be bad at the same time? Or is this a sign of something bigger? Car was last serviced by dealer on Jan 8 2015. Also, why would VSC OFF li...

•2011 Scion trac light and check engine code P2195
Both lights came on at the same time. It seems trac is not working....

•Mazda 3s 2.3L 2005 (Scan code P2195 and P0455)
I've found the code P0455 but can't find the other... Anyone know what it is?...

Need more help with a p2195 code?

If you still need help regarding the P2195 trouble code, please post your question in our FREE car repair forums.

NOTE: This information is presented for information purposes only. It is not intended as repair advice and we are not responsible for any actions you take on any vehicle. All information on this site is copyright protected. If you want to share this article or information with others, please link to this page, don't copy and paste it elsewhere.

© 2004-2015 OBD-Codes.com

David Young 9/8/15 12:52 PM

Crap!!! I didn't know it was going to post all this stuff :). There is a good list of things to check for the cause of code P2195