The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   2010-2014 Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/)
-   -   2011 CS front Valance install done ... with Part numbers ... (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f726/2011-cs-front-valance-install-done-part-numbers-482820/)

dmhines 5/3/10 04:28 PM

2011 CS front Valance install done ... with Part numbers ...

Finally got the correct fogs today ....

Here is the list of parts .... with MSRP ...

Valance: BR3Z-17626-AA $250 ($225 on Ford Accessory website)
Pigtail: 3U2Z-14S411-VZB (need 2) $35.52 each - insane right??
Fog light: 6E5Z-15200-A (need 2) $102.13 each

Optional 2011 Deflector: BR3Z-17626-B $114.07

http://homepage.mac.com/dmhines/mustang/csdone.jpg

2010MustangGT 5/3/10 04:32 PM

:drool:

Your whole setup came together real nicely
Nice work man.

How did you even get the parts? Dealer?

Btw what's next?! ;)

yugoboss 5/3/10 04:33 PM

Sweet !

Americanboy86 5/3/10 04:33 PM

That's gorgeous...very classy but modern look.

dmhines 5/3/10 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by 2010MustangGT (Post 5860370)
:drool:

Your whole setup came together real nicely
Nice work man.

How did you even get the parts? Dealer?

Btw what's next?! ;)

Got everything from Tousley Ford ... they looked up parts for me ... except for the fogs we figured out by trial and error ... they weren't listed in the parts book yet for some reason.

stangfoeva 5/3/10 04:51 PM

yes you made the thread here! Once again good job Dan! Anymore mods planned? :D

laserred38 5/3/10 04:53 PM

That looks fricken awesome. I'd imagine it would look just as good with the Roush black billet grille.

dmhines 5/3/10 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by stangfoeva (Post 5860393)
yes you made the thread here! Once again good job Dan! Anymore mods planned? :D

Nah ... that's it for now ...

Only thing else I would want would be Roush Rear springs to drop the *** end ... and Vortech someday .... ;)

Originally Posted by laserred38 (Post 5860396)
That looks fricken awesome. I'd imagine it would look just as good with the Roush black billet grille.

Yup ... my original plan was for the Roush Billet ... until I saw the Saleen ... I still need to figure what to put in the Grill on that black panel where the Saleen emblem is supposed to go ...

Tispco 5/3/10 04:55 PM

That looks fantastic. The front end should have been that way from Ford in the first place!!

SuperSugeKnight 5/3/10 04:56 PM

I'm not a fan of the new CS but your car actually looks good. Maybe it's the color combo with the grille. I don't know, but it looks good.

2K3 Mach 5/3/10 05:32 PM

How much was just the valance? Was it easy to remove old / install new?

If you're not going to use Fogs, would it be easy to cover the holes? Or I could get the brake cooling kit... :drool:

Looks great, BTW!

burningman 5/3/10 05:36 PM

i love that valance..great upgrade man!

bpmurr 5/3/10 05:45 PM

Your car looks great! :)

The Reverend 5/3/10 05:48 PM

Very nice looking. :headbob:

dmhines 5/3/10 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by 2K3 Mach (Post 5860426)
How much was just the valance? Was it easy to remove old / install new?

If you're not going to use Fogs, would it be easy to cover the holes? Or I could get the brake cooling kit... :drool:

Looks great, BTW!

Tousley charged me $192 .. You need to remove the front bumper cover ... it installs exactly like the rear valance .. fasteners, slots and screws.

Ltngdrvr 5/3/10 06:11 PM

Prices for the fogs and pidtails?

And the optional deflector is the air dam piece that goes underneath ?

How much was it?

dmhines 5/3/10 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr (Post 5860447)
Prices for the fogs and pidtails?

And the optional deflector is the air dam piece that goes underneath ?

How much was it?

Yes ... the deflector is the large panel that underneath attached to the bumper cover. 2011 was redesigned.

I updated original post with MSRP. Prices are all over the place on the internet just search on OEM FORD PARTS...

The foglights are OEM Flex/Fusion/Edge ... they turn up used on eBay or you local junkyard.

The Pigtails are supercheap on eBay ... they are H11 pigtails. The Ford parts guy said the aftermarket stuff sucks so I went with the OEM pigtail. Who knows ... I probably got ripped on these.

laserred38 5/3/10 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by dmhines (Post 5860397)
Nah ... that's it for now ...

Only thing else I would want would be Roush Rear springs to drop the *** end ... and Vortech someday .... ;)

Yup ... my original plan was for the Roush Billet ... until I saw the Saleen ... I still need to figure what to put in the Grill on that black panel where the Saleen emblem is supposed to go ...

Don't just lower the rear. I don't understand people who do that. I'd continue with the Saleen parts and go with the Racecraft springs/shocks and struts. They have a nice balance of ride quality and handling (and ride better than the FRPP springs). As far as the blank spot on the grille, I think a custom "281" emblem would look good there. I know Saleen makes one, but I don't know how it would fit. Autobadges could make you one though.

dmhines 5/3/10 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by laserred38 (Post 5860464)
Don't just lower the rear. I don't understand people who do that. I'd continue with the Saleen parts and go with the Racecraft springs/shocks and struts. They have a nice balance of ride quality and handling (and ride better than the FRPP springs). As far as the blank spot on the grille, I think a custom "281" emblem would look good there. I know Saleen makes one, but I don't know how it would fit. Autobadges could make you one though.

I don't mind the stock ride height but I hate the rake. Don't aftermarket spring sets keep the rake? I had just the Roush rears on my 2006 and it leveled the car out nicely.

Bigjohns97 5/3/10 07:26 PM

No tri-bar mustang emblem?

i was looking for a part number for that