2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY

Search this Thread

Old 10/10/16, 08:55 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
From the last MN Cars and Coffee for the year. Probably only have a few more weeks left. Snowed in the northern part of the state yesterday.

Rest of my pics: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=0df7d75aea
Nathan - b/w is making a comeback. Love your shots. Yes, storage time is upon us. It's actually been warm here, sortta. Last year at this time she was already stored. But I think I can get another 2 weeks out of this.

Originally Posted by VidPro
At friend's house yesterday installing a rack on his Land Rover and thought why not take a pic of my car.

iPhone 7 Plus camera. The new camera is pretty good.

looking great, man. Love SGM.
The following users liked this post:
ofequipmentgolf (10/10/16)
Old 10/10/16, 10:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
From the last MN Cars and Coffee for the year. Probably only have a few more weeks left. Snowed in the northern part of the state yesterday.

Rest of my pics: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=0df7d75aea

I was planning on going to the last C&C at the Motorplex Saturday, but when I got up and saw 1/4 inch of frost on everything I thought better of it. I figured everybody would have their garage doors closed. Shoot for next year I guess. In the meantime I can work on removing the overspray that my car is now sporting thanks to the crew that painted the Eden Prairie water tower. Boooo!

Next summer we'll have to get together and you can take some pix of my car...excellent work!

John

Last edited by Horspla; 10/10/16 at 10:59 AM.
Old 10/10/16, 11:02 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Horspla
I was planning on going to the last C&C at the Motorplex Saturday, but when I got up and saw 1/4 inch of frost on everything I thought better of it. I figured everybody would have their garage doors closed. Shoot for next year I guess. In the meantime I can work on removing the overspray that my car is now sporting thanks to the crew that painted the Eden Prairie water tower. Boooo!

Next summer we'll have to get together and you can take some pix of my car...excellent work!

John
On top of that, maybe next year I can actually meet you this time, John Unless you guys plan to come down here to good ole Iowa. Btw, sorry about the beating the Hawkeyes gave the Gophers this past Saturday hehe.

On the topic of overspray - what now? PAINT overspray? That's horrible! sorry to hear that. How are you planning on getting it off?
Old 10/10/16, 11:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
On top of that, maybe next year I can actually meet you this time, John Unless you guys plan to come down here to good ole Iowa. Btw, sorry about the beating the Hawkeyes gave the Gophers this past Saturday hehe.

On the topic of overspray - what now? PAINT overspray? That's horrible! sorry to hear that. How are you planning on getting it off?

No, you have to come up here WITH MARILYN and have a photoshoot with our airplanes. Me go to Iowa? Are you daft man? The last time I was to Knoxville for the Nationals it took me two weeks to get rid of the hives I broke out in just from crossing the border. Over Labor Day weekend I went to Jackson, MN for the Jackson Nationals. That was so close to Iowa I broke out in a cold sweat. Minnesota might blow but that's only because Iowa sucks!

The overspray is fairly light. I haven't decided if it's something I want to tackle or if I'll take it to my trusted paint guy and let him work his magic. I'm certain clay/compound/polish/seal/wax will bring it back. I just did that entire process in mid July and really don't want to do it again so soon. I can usually squeak 2 years out of a pristine finish before it gets to the point where it's bugging me...not two MONTHS. Frustrating to say the least!

John
Old 10/10/16, 07:50 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Horspla

John
Never got frost north of the cities. There's still Caffeine and Gasoline this saturday at Auto Vault, but current forecast is saying rain.

Overspray thing sucks though. I'd be livid. Hopefully it's nothing too bad.

Nathan - b/w is making a comeback. Love your shots. Yes, storage time is upon us. It's actually been warm here, sortta. Last year at this time she was already stored. But I think I can get another 2 weeks out of this.

looking great, man. Love SGM.
Thanks. I'm gonna go til they drop salt. At least I've got the ST to still have some fun with.
Old 10/12/16, 04:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
With the 18's back on.
Still have to reinstall the Steeda Sport rear springs to bring that rear-end back down where it belongs

Name:  20161011_18s-1.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  481.0 KB

Name:  20161011_18s-2.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  453.6 KB

Name:  20161011_18s-3.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  442.9 KB

Name:  20161011_18s-4.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  492.3 KB
Old 10/12/16, 07:02 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Gabe
With the 18's back on.
Still have to reinstall the Steeda Sport rear springs to bring that rear-end back down where it belongs

looking good Gabe! You'll have to readjust the perches to lower it right?
Old 10/12/16, 07:04 AM
I Have No Life

Sitting here reminiscing about the good times I had with Marilyn this year. Current weather is gloomy, 50 degrees, windy and drizzly - she will be stored soon.

Old 10/12/16, 08:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
looking good Gabe! You'll have to readjust the perches to lower it right?
Thanks Burton, as does yours of course.

I can lower the back either by adjusting the perches or removing the perches and their springs and re-installing the regular Sport rear springs.
Not sure which way I'll do it right now, leaning toward adjusting the perches, since it's less work, lol
Old 10/12/16, 09:04 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Gabe
Thanks Burton, as does yours of course.

I can lower the back either by adjusting the perches or removing the perches and their springs and re-installing the regular Sport rear springs.
Not sure which way I'll do it right now, leaning toward adjusting the perches, since it's less work, lol
Oh yeah, just do the perches. It's pretty easy to do, in fact, I could get under there without even jacking up the car.
Old 10/12/16, 11:32 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
First two are staging for and immediately after starting the 9-mile speed run. The last is during the half-mile run made the day before. Credit goes to John Albani Photography.

Name:  DSC06905-Edit_zpsus529uuw.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  317.7 KB

Name:  DSC03812-Edit_zpswfod1x5z.jpg
Views: 67
Size:  247.1 KB

Name:  DSC03695_zps3yrgbuzq.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  309.5 KB
Old 10/12/16, 11:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Now that looks like fun!
Old 10/12/16, 12:02 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
First two are staging for and immediately after starting the 9-mile speed run. The last is during the half-mile run made the day before. Credit goes to John Albani Photography.

Explain this "9 mile speed run"! Is it all one long stretch, or are there turns? How long do they have the road shut down for? How much does it cost to do it? Sounds really fun!!
Old 10/12/16, 12:03 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by TommyV
Now that looks like fun!

It definitely is. Every year. In the middle picture, you can see the end of the run up at the left-hand corner of the picture way beyond the s-curves 1/3 of the way through the run. It's a pretty awesome view when you're staging and you can see the entire 9-mile course in front of you on the hill we start from. I started 2nd this year, but we stage the fastest cars in the 1st group so I'm always up near the front. It was an absolute blast.
Old 10/12/16, 12:06 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
Explain this "9 mile speed run"! Is it all one long stretch, or are there turns? How long do they have the road shut down for? How much does it cost to do it? Sounds really fun!!
It's part of an event I take part in every year that's put on by the Terlingua Preservation Society. It's run down in Terlingua, TX, and in the surrounding area, located not far from where Carroll Shelby owned a ranch and at one point intended on centering his design and production facilities there. The Terlingua Racing Team name came from that ranch. It's a fundraiser for the local area's police, fire and EMS, as well as scholarships for kids coming out of high school with the grades to go to college but not the financial ability.

http://terlinguapreservationsociety.com/

I *believe* (though this may have changed recently, I do not believe it has) that one of the requirements is that your vehicle be in some manner tied to Carroll Shelby. As such, there has been a Viper out there in recent years (though only the one).

The run itself is one long stretch of highway with two soft turns in it, one left, one right, that kink the run in the middle. Speeds don't usually run more than 120-130mph through the turns though the first year I took the first one at 175mph and barely held onto the road because I missed the turn indicators (two large yellow flags, though they were smaller the first year I missed it). The last 5.5 miles is on an uphill grade of between 1-3 degrees, increasing as you approach the finish. You will reach your fastest speeds about 6 miles into the run, halfway through the long 2nd stretch. From that point on, as I did this year, it's best to just ease off the throttle and bring yourself down and save the car. It's well-chosen because it breaks up the straight runs enough that the cars have a chance to breathe and aren't being blown out the entire time. My run this year was just shy of 190 seconds, from throttle down to crossing the red flags at the end of the run, but I ran 10mph faster than the next fastest guy and most don't run that hard. I won't be running that hard next year either because it's hard on the car and frankly it's ****ing dangerous to push a car 200mph for that long on a state highway.

Last edited by kcoTiger; 10/12/16 at 12:19 PM.
Old 10/12/16, 12:12 PM
I Have No Life

It's part of an event I take part in every year that's put on by the Terlingua Preservation Society. It's run down in Terlingua, TX, and in the surrounding area, located not far from where Carroll Shelby owned a ranch and at one point intended on centering his design and production facilities there. The Terlingua Racing Team name came from that ranch. It's a fundraiser for the local area's police, fire and EMS, as well as scholarships for kids coming out of high school with the grades to go to college but not the financial ability.

http://terlinguapreservationsociety.com/

I *believe* (though this may have changed recently, I do not believe it has) that one of the requirements is that your vehicle be in some manner tied to Carroll Shelby. As such, there has been a Viper out there in recent years (though only the one).
That is awesome, man. I'm jelly. I mean, my car will blow apart at those speeds/sustained speeds, but I would like to experience 200mph some time. I bet your surroundings are a constant blur. LOL.
Old 10/12/16, 12:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
That is awesome, man. I'm jelly. I mean, my car will blow apart at those speeds/sustained speeds, but I would like to experience 200mph some time. I bet your surroundings are a constant blur. LOL.

Sounds scary as sh*t at 200mph with all the little dips and bumps on the road!! You could go airborne!!
Old 10/12/16, 12:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
Sounds scary as sh*t at 200mph with all the little dips and bumps on the road!! You could go airborne!!
My focus past 120mph is purely on the road. Once past that point, I can't care about anything else, even if something wanders out onto the road, oh well. I *can* say that the dotted lines in the middle start to blur into what begins to look like a solid line, which is what I try to keep in the middle of the car (we're given both lanes when it's shut down).

No one's gone "airborne" but yes, that road is smooth as glass at 70mph. It's a different story at 150+. It's downright scary in some stretches, but we're warned about those spots beforehand and those (like myself) who have driven it before know to keep it below 130mph on those spots and wait until we've got good flat pavement before hammering it. I also do a lot to increase the downforce on my car when I run it, specifically because I don't want the car losing traction at those speeds, dropping the front springs as far down as I can get them to force my splitter as low as I can get it. It worked well this year, as my ride was more stable and comfortable than it's ever been before. You also have to remember, if it were possible to easily upset the cars going that quickly, we wouldn't be running on that stretch of highway. It's chosen both for its straightness but also for the fact that it truly is one of the smoothest sections of that highway.
Old 10/12/16, 12:34 PM
I Have No Life

My focus past 120mph is purely on the road. Once past that point, I can't care about anything else, even if something wanders out onto the road, oh well. I *can* say that the dotted lines in the middle start to blur into what begins to look like a solid line, which is what I try to keep in the middle of the car (we're given both lanes when it's shut down).

No one's gone "airborne" but yes, that road is smooth as glass at 70mph. It's a different story at 150+. It's downright scary in some stretches, but we're warned about those spots beforehand and those (like myself) who have driven it before know to keep it below 130mph on those spots and wait until we've got good flat pavement before hammering it. I also do a lot to increase the downforce on my car when I run it, specifically because I don't want the car losing traction at those speeds, dropping the front springs as far down as I can get them to force my splitter as low as I can get it. It worked well this year, as my ride was more stable and comfortable than it's ever been before. You also have to remember, if it were possible to easily upset the cars going that quickly, we wouldn't be running on that stretch of highway. It's chosen both for its straightness but also for the fact that it truly is one of the smoothest sections of that highway.
I assume you have to sign a waiver (and your life away) - that the city, the cops, or the folks running that event are not liable for any damage done to your car or injury or death to you?
Old 10/12/16, 12:48 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I assume you have to sign a waiver (and your life away) - that the city, the cops, or the folks running that event are not liable for any damage done to your car or injury or death to you?
Oh of course.

Quick Reply: 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY