2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY

Search this Thread

Old 4/2/15, 10:42 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Holy crap. Are you kidding me???
Nope. Dead serious. I almost called them to raise hell, then tell them to quit mailing me ****.
Old 4/2/15, 11:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Nope. Dead serious. I almost called them to raise hell, then tell them to quit mailing me ****.
I would have. Tell them to save their $.48 and stop mailing you.
Old 4/3/15, 06:19 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Horspla
Hi Burton...long time since we've chatted! There are some essential things I can't reasonably change on the car to make it a long term keeper. I've found over the last three years I miss a manual tranny in the worst way. I also want those things listed above that the Roush had. I'm start'in to feel like a trapped rat. Not a huge fan of the '15's so if I want to make a change I have to find the right '12-'14...tough nut to crack with my finicky particulars. Before I bought this f'ing thing back in Apr, '12, I should have taken my cash and bought myself the pre-war Gibson RB3, or Granada banjo I've alway dreamed of. No depreciation there...only increased value...stupid, stupid...STUPID!!!!!!!!! Listening to Flatt and Scruggs at Carnagie Hall as I write this...pure musical magic!!! Johnny- The Redneck Banjo Picker Speed/Performance Freak John
Indeed a long time John. We still gotta get together since we're in neighboring states.

Btw, I didn't know you had an auto"tragic" transmission (sorry I hate autos) in that sweet ride of yours. That to me, is reason enough to upgrade/sell your car, as you pointed. Don't bother with any more mods.

A used Shelby is definitely something you should be looking into, preferably a 13-14 to take advantage of the better engine and overall car versus the 12.

Sexy it is. What color was the Roush? And what don't you like about your car? Don't you know I'm the forum bad influence for modding? Let's get your ride hooked up and make it even better than any Roush offering! Just don't ask me which vendor to buy from, I'm pretty pissed at most of them right now
You know that's a self-imposed title right? Lol.

Hehe. Kidding man.

Btw, which vendors are bad now? I think you and I know which is worst.

I was looking at this beauty. If it was in CA, I'd trade my car for it in a HEARTBEAT. http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...d-Shelby-GT500
That does look good. How much will they come down in price? Hmmmm
Old 4/3/15, 06:30 AM
I Have No Life

Btw, I'm also debating 13/14 lights on my 12. But I'm still concerned about the gap . Is it really that bad? Can't see on the pics above how big it really is.
Old 4/3/15, 06:31 AM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Dealer where I bought my GT/CS still sends me letters all the time trying to get me to buy a new car. Most insulting one I've gotten yet came last week. Carrying on about how bad they need used cars and they'd love to have my car, even if I didn't want to trade it in, they'd still buy it. Said they wanted it so badly that they'd give me above their normal black book value. $33,000. I'm sure you would, you ****ing crook. Really pissed me off.
I get the same **** my my dealer too. I just ignore them. I even get service notifications for my 08 that I traded in.
Old 4/3/15, 06:42 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Btw, I didn't know you had an auto"tragic" transmission (sorry I hate autos) in that sweet ride of yours. That to me, is reason enough to upgrade/sell your car, as you pointed. Don't bother with any more mods.
well hey, a modified auto with aftermarket torque converter can be fun as hell too! Not to mention quicker and less CLUNK into gears with that MT82
Old 4/3/15, 06:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Too funny. You must be young...tequila is fruit from the gods to which a taste is aquired through CAREFUL experience!

J

Ok that there made me laugh out loud at my desk!
Old 4/3/15, 07:40 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Btw, I'm also debating 13/14 lights on my 12. But I'm still concerned about the gap . Is it really that bad? Can't see on the pics above how big it really is.
That gap can be filled!

http://www.americanmuscle.com/raxiom...trim-1012.html

Old 4/3/15, 07:42 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Lmao, well tequila is disgusting, so I now question your taste LOL. Jk,

wow....I love tequila. I'll walk up to the bar, order a WELL tequila, say no to any of that BS lime or salt, and slam it. Its all the same to me!
Old 4/3/15, 07:47 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Interesting... I wonder how it would look on a non grey or black car.

I have to admit though, the 10-12 tail lights just don't look very appealing with the red and white/clear stripes. Just a weird look, like Ford didn't devote any time to designing them.

Last edited by Coyote5-0; 4/3/15 at 07:50 AM.
Old 4/3/15, 07:48 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
well hey, a modified auto with aftermarket torque converter can be fun as hell too! Not to mention quicker and less CLUNK into gears with that MT82
You bring up a good point. Autos are faster than manuals for sure. I have an auto in my daily and man, I get bored though . But you're right it would still be lots of fun.

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo
Interesting Paul. Hmmm
Old 4/3/15, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=FromZto5;6914660]Looking good! Did you wire the halos to your parking? I did individual control to mine. Which brand of halos did you get and are they CCFLs or COBs?

Thanks.. Not directly to parking... but yes they are "triggered" off the parking lights. (Both upper and lower ) The grille halos are Raxiom. The lower are off Ebay from China that I took apart to fit the lower fogger. Both are CCFLs.
I've been told that two sets of fog lights are illegal in this state, so I got them wired separately from the halos. As I've been told that halos are more of a parking/marker light rather than a "driving" light and no restrictions on how many you can have are in place. With that...I wired the "circuit" so that if the upper foggers are turned on whilst the lowers are on, the lowers shut off regardless of cab switch position .. As shown:
Attached Thumbnails 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-2015-04-03-09.34.33.jpg  
Old 4/3/15, 10:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
You bring up a good point. Autos are faster than manuals for sure. I have an auto in my daily and man, I get bored though . But you're right it would still be lots of fun.
Autos are quicker, more accurate and all the things mentioned, especially at the drag strip. I’m a road course/oval guy. In my opinion a good manual in the hands of an experienced driver is tough to match in a road course situ…most of the roads I drive on resemble road courses verses drag strips! However, I was supremely unimpressed with the MT82 in the car I test drove. Fact is, I couldn’t wait to end the test drive it stunk so bad! That and all reported issues many had experienced with the manual are largely what pushed me to the auto camp. The one thing I thought was going to be the saving grace was the select shift option. It works but the single button on the side of the shifter completely blows. It needs paddles on the steering wheel to make it more acceptable. Better still would be to incorporate a bump shift into the stick. Fords logic of putting paddles on the steering wheel in other ‘13 models and not on their performance vehicles completely escapes me.

John
Old 4/3/15, 11:00 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
is there a way to add paddle shifter that are wired to that tine tiny switch.
Old 4/3/15, 11:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Autos are quicker, more accurate and all the things mentioned, especially at the drag strip. I’m a road course/oval guy. In my opinion a good manual in the hands of an experienced driver is tough to match in a road course situ…most of the roads I drive on resemble road courses verses drag strips! However, I was supremely unimpressed with the MT82 in the car I test drove. Fact is, I couldn’t wait to end the test drive it stunk so bad! That and all reported issues many had experienced with the manual are largely what pushed me to the auto camp. The one thing I thought was going to be the saving grace was the select shift option. It works but the single button on the side of the shifter completely blows. It needs paddles on the steering wheel to make it more acceptable. Better still would be to incorporate a bump shift into the stick. Fords logic of putting paddles on the steering wheel in other ‘13 models and not on their performance vehicles completely escapes me. John
I agree on the auto not having paddles (it does in the 2015 now), but I also agree about rowing your own. I also tend to take curves with my car, versus all out straight line. I hate the MT-82 more each day, and I don't even have my car right now. Even with the MGW, it's just a crap transmission. Clunky, loud, not accurate...I'll see if the trans fluid swap, clutch fluid swap, clutch line and my Blowfish bracket help.
Old 4/3/15, 11:24 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I agree on the auto not having paddles (it does in the 2015 now), but I also agree about rowing your own. I also tend to take curves with my car, versus all out straight line. I hate the MT-82 more each day, and I don't even have my car right now. Even with the MGW, it's just a crap transmission. Clunky, loud, not accurate...I'll see if the trans fluid swap, clutch fluid swap, clutch line and my Blowfish bracket help.
hmmm...I wonder if there will be retrofit possibility with the 15's. maybe the entire steering wheel assembly. Depends on if Ford drastically changed the size and way it mounts.
Old 4/3/15, 12:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
hmmm...I wonder if there will be retrofit possibility with the 15's. maybe the entire steering wheel assembly. Depends on if Ford drastically changed the size and way it mounts.
Never thought about that. I'm fairly sure the '13 Edge and Lincoln MKZ both used wheel mounted paddles. Wonder if you could do a swap there...but how to rewire fro mthe shift **** tot he steering column.

John
Attached Thumbnails 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-bir-2-res-2-.jpg  
Old 4/3/15, 12:20 PM
I Have No Life

Never thought about that. I'm fairly sure the '13 Edge and Lincoln MKZ both used wheel mounted paddles. Wonder if you could do a swap there...but how to rewire fro mthe shift **** tot he steering column. John
Love your car john. Love the stripes too.
Old 4/3/15, 01:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Love your car john. Love the stripes too.
Thanks man! I brought her up to Brainerd INTL Raceway the weekend of the NHRA Nationals as eye candy for my brother at his Trackside Tire trailer. He parked it out front to draw people in and I scooted down to the top fuel pits to hang out. He said all the attention it was getting really made him nervous so he moved it under one of the open canopies he wasn't using hoping to kind of control access a little more. The red color is a lot more striking in the sun. ...I just wish black wasn't such a PITA to keep looking sweet.

Happy Easter bud,
John
Old 4/3/15, 02:40 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
2700 miles. It was showroom condition...race red...I gotta stop or I'ma gunna start to weep again. 45k...that tares it...somebody hand me the cry towel...
Weepin Johnny
Wow,....that is a STEAL! Sorry. No wonder why it sold so quickly. Hey, everything happens for a reason, right??
I have 1,600 miles on my 2013 GHIG Stage 3 and is in showroom condition, (as you can see by the photos I post), and I wouldn't accept anything under 54k.

Quick Reply: 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY