Notices
Vehicles For Sale Post your vehicle for sale here. Private Parties Only

Potential Salvage Sale 01 GT

Old 8/19/15, 12:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Potential Salvage Sale 01 GT

Guys,
My beautiful black 01 Mustang GT was rear ended last week - passenger side rear corner. To that, the insurance company totaled it. I do have the option of buying back in case someone here might be interested. I'm looking for around $2K but negotiable The car is stunning otherwise - see pics (I hope i attached them correctly). I would absolutely hate to see this go to the crusher. Let me know if interested. Its totally driveable and only has 46K on the ticker.
Attached Thumbnails Potential Salvage Sale 01 GT-2015-08-14-16.26.06.jpg   Potential Salvage Sale 01 GT-2015-08-14-16.24.15.jpg   Potential Salvage Sale 01 GT-2015-08-14-16.24.10.jpg   Potential Salvage Sale 01 GT-1.jpg   Potential Salvage Sale 01 GT-2.jpg  

Potential Salvage Sale 01 GT-3.jpg   Potential Salvage Sale 01 GT-4.jpg  
Old 8/19/15, 08:40 PM
I tweaked the button...
...and got lucky!

Received 135 Likes on 120 Posts
First, and foremost... dude. Sorry to hear that, really. That's just too pretty a car to total, ya ask me, and it doesn't seem that dang bad.

Wow. I mean... Wow.

Disposable cars, that's what we have. Anything from mid 80s on, they're expected to never be on the road again for the littlest of damage.

If it were Awesome, and she was the one rear ended by someone else? I don't believe there's a check they can write to get me to stop buggin' them until they fixed her. If she was *new*, they would... And she's worth a million bucks to me. There won't be another one like her. How dare they just dump her into the junkpile and expect me to be ok with it.

Assuming it's their insurance. And to be honest, I'd be fightin' my own insurance too.

I... might be a little too attached to my car...

Again, sorry about your situation, Pete. Good dang luck to ya!
Old 8/19/15, 09:02 PM
FR500 Member

Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally Posted by houtex View Post
First, and foremost... dude. Sorry to hear that, really. That's just too pretty a car to total, ya ask me, and it doesn't seem that dang bad.
Yes, that is a really nice looking ride. SN95's are growing on me more and more every day, especially ones that are treated well. That's a really clean and obviously well cared for example. It's sad to see.

Unfortunately, the damage is indeed pretty bad. The 1/4 panel has a severe vertical pressure buckle. That means the right rear frame member is shortened, i.e kinked, and probably significantly. It's hard to tell by those pictures as the car is black, but the rear bumper assembly is crushed, which means the rear body panel is damaged and that buckled the floor which the rear frame member is welded to, hence the rail kink which buckled the sheet metal. The knee bone is connected to the thigh bone....etc, etc, etc. Essentially the car sustained pretty significant structural damage.

If you have questions about keeping the salvage and how it affects the total loss settlement, PM me and I can give you some tips and perhaps walk you through the general process.
Old 8/21/15, 06:27 AM
Post *****

Received 152 Likes on 137 Posts
where is the car located?
Old 8/22/15, 04:29 AM
Post *****

Received 152 Likes on 137 Posts
The car is located in Connecticut. I should have looked at the plate before I asked the question. Ha