Vista Blue Vista Blue 2006+ Mustangs

SEMA pics

Search this Thread

Old 10/30/06, 11:48 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
SEMA pics

Hey all,
Got my car in last night, it's a Featured Vehicle, which are spread out all over th place, but somehow I got lucky, and got a spot inside. For those going, if you enter the North Hall from Paradise either on the street or from the skybridge across from Beaches, my car will be right at the bottom of the stairs. First pic is of the car in place. Unfortunately they didn't get everything installed that they wanted, but we did get the hood done, some 22" wheels on it, and a new dash overlay that looks really good.

After detailing the car this evening, I took a quick walk around the north and central halls with my camera, and snapped a couple pics. The black GT350 is just down the hall from my car, and just past that is the blue Shelby CS6.

In the lobby to the central hall, there was a display with a Shelby Daytona, the Shelby GR1, and a few other cars, including a Dodge SuperBee. The light was kinda low there, and the flash didn't work that well, so I'll try to get better pics tomorrow.

I saw the CDC booth when I took the car in last night, and walked past it again this evening on my way to the car, so I went back later on. They had 2 cars, one convertible and one V6 coupe, with the Glassback roof, some nice 20" rims that look like the old Styled Steel wheels, and the shaker hood.
Attached Thumbnails SEMA pics-my_car_1.jpg   SEMA pics-my_car_2.jpg   SEMA pics-full_dash.jpg   SEMA pics-gt_350.jpg   SEMA pics-shelbydaytona.jpg  

SEMA pics-cdc_rims.jpg   SEMA pics-cdc_pony.jpg   SEMA pics-glass_roof.jpg   SEMA pics-gr1_front.jpg   SEMA pics-gr1_rear.jpg  

Old 10/30/06, 11:56 PM

I found this black Mustang in the north hall while I was walking around unfortunatly the lights weren't good enough there either, and the camera didn't focus on the front end when I took the picture. The front end is really exagerated, and the wing is pretty huge too. There was a plate on the rear of the car with Rage on it, but I forgot the name of the booth it was in.

I'll revisit everything this week, and I plan on being at the Ford announcement at 10 in the morning (I'll get there about an hour before opening to finish the tires on the car because I forgot the tire shine).

So anyone else headed there, if you want to hook up, pm me and I"ll send my cell number tomorrow before I head out.
Attached Thumbnails SEMA pics-rage_mustang.jpg   SEMA pics-rage_wing.jpg  
Old 10/31/06, 12:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reason 1000000000 why I love this site: Already has SEMA pics. Did you see any new products from CDC??
Old 10/31/06, 01:20 AM

Not yet, but I didn't look that hard. I'll be walking past them in the morning, I'll take a longer look then. They've got free wifi at the show, so I might take the laptop and upload from there.
Old 10/31/06, 12:24 PM

Ok, I missed the Ford Announcement, but it didn't look like they rolled out anything new. All their cars were out when I walked through earlier. I was down at the Mother's Booth watching Chip Foose unveil his HemisFear car finally. I've got almost 10 minutes of video from my digital camera, not sure how good it will look. I got a diecast copy of it free, too, but was 5 people too far back in line to get it autographed today. I'll catch him later. For Overhaulin' fans, I stopped in their tent this morning, they're on Day 5, and the car (a Challenger) was in the paint booth. They've got a Hemi waiting to go in, but they had it covered up when I was there.

I did talk to Monte Nichols, Merchandising Manager for Ford, about the SEMA Mustang. It's not for sale, they are using this car to showcase some new products coming out. Some are licensing deals (Katskinz seat covers, 3DCarbon tonneau cover) and some are new parts (Grill, GT/CS body kit, fuel door). He said the grill won't be out until later next year (summer?), but the plan is to have all these available through dealers, so you can get the dealership to customize your car. He said FRPP was really close to offering warrantee on their packs (handling, power, drag) and other parts, but he wasn't sure 100% about the Whipple just yet. I'll go talk to an FRPP guy to see if they have any word on that. Had to come back and clear out the memory on my camera, and I'm headed back out now. Here are a couple pics of the SEMA Mustang to tide you all over.
Attached Thumbnails SEMA pics-semastang1.jpg   SEMA pics-semastang2.jpg   SEMA pics-semastang3.jpg   SEMA pics-semastang4.jpg   SEMA pics-semastang5.jpg  

Old 10/31/06, 03:15 PM

I'm trying to get all my pics up on phtobucket now, but I've got a feeling the battery will die on the laptop before I finish. Check them out here
http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r90/jayguy4/and let me know what you think.
Old 10/31/06, 08:53 PM

338 pics in my photobucket! Check them out!
Old 11/1/06, 10:23 AM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Jay,
I didn't notice the wheels on the white CDC V6 Mustang until now.
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please, please, please find out what you can about those. Not only whether or not they will be offered, but most importantly, if they'll be offered in smaller sizes.
Attached Thumbnails SEMA pics-cdc_rims.jpg  
Old 11/2/06, 08:50 AM

Thanks for the new pics, Jay!!
Looks like there's more than one blank GT grille at SEMA.

Also, it looks like that X-Sighting Lighting spoiler is just the CDC version.
Attached Thumbnails SEMA pics-100_1633.jpg   SEMA pics-100_1634.jpg   SEMA pics-100_1709.jpg  
Old 11/3/06, 02:27 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by jayguy
...I did talk to Monte Nichols, Merchandising Manager for Ford...He said FRPP was really close to offering warrantee on their packs (handling, power, drag) and other parts, but he wasn't sure 100% about the Whipple just yet. I'll go talk to an FRPP guy to see if they have any word on that...
Excellent news! Thanks for speaking with him about this .
Old 11/3/06, 07:56 AM
V6 Member

Thanks for all the great pix! You can link right to the photobucket, eh?

That lowered Hummer is the most grotesque ride I've ever seen!!!
Old 11/4/06, 06:51 PM

Glad you like it. I didn't find out who makes that wheel, but there's another thread on here about them. The guys at CDC did say they weren't sure if they were going to carry them or not.

As for that Hummer, it is pretty sweet, made by Godfather Customs (my sponsors for the show). They had some problems with it over heating after Sema yesterday, and then the steering went out, but they were able to push it the last few feet into a car show at the Hard Rock (my car was there too). It even won Best SUV, even though it was broken. Hal was excited about that.
Old 11/4/06, 08:18 PM

Jayguy..
Thanks for the Sema photos....I posted a link, and some of your photos, on Boss302.com,,,,,with a thanks to you.....

Nice photos for us who did not attend!!

Mark
Old 11/6/06, 12:21 PM

Here are more pics a friend took on Wednesday with a much better camera. There are many duplicates, because he's trying to be artistic with his shots, but should be some good pics there.

http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r259/themilligans/
Old 11/7/06, 08:04 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by StangNut
Jay,
I didn't notice the wheels on the white CDC V6 Mustang until now.
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please, please, please find out what you can about those. Not only whether or not they will be offered, but most importantly, if they'll be offered in smaller sizes.
What are they??
Old 11/7/06, 10:23 PM

They are copies of the Styled Steel Wheels that were optional in '65. Not to be confused with the ones offered in '66 & '67 that had what was called a trim ring or beauty ring around the edge.

I had a set on my '65 fastback. I'll always have a sentimental attachment to that car, so anything that reminds me of it has a good chance of going on the '05. It's the reason I have a wood steering wheel and why I don't have a spoiler. If they would have offered a blue that was close to the '65 Caspian Blue, I wouldn't have a white car now.
Attached Thumbnails SEMA pics-02b.jpg  
Old 11/7/06, 10:43 PM

They're sold by calponycars.com, and they have them for 93-04 and '65 to '73, and will have them soon for our cars (if they're not already out). Supposed to have 20" soon (that's what was on the white car), but the card I got is only advertising 17".
Old 11/8/06, 10:49 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Cool.............Thanks!
Old 11/9/06, 01:04 PM

Hey, Does Anyone Know If Brad's Gonna Post Some Pics of The 2006 SEMA Show Up? Just Out of Curiosity?
Old 11/9/06, 01:17 PM

I just uploaded the video I took of the unveiling of Chip Foose's HemisFear. Quality isn't the greatest, and it's 82MB, but they talk alittle bit about how long it took and all that, before they pull the cover off. It's nearly 10 minutes long.

The link to it is http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r...t=100_1354.flv

Quick Reply: SEMA pics