The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Project Source Horse (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f702/)
-   -   Blower's On; Dyno Tune Set for January 14 (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f702/blowers-dyno-tune-set-january-14-a-428712/)

TMSBrad 1/10/06 02:10 PM

SVP Unlimited has completed installation of the Vortech Satin Finish High Output Supercharger & Air-to-Water Intercooler. I have an appointment at Walker Dyno on Saturday at 10am central for BamaChips to tune it.

Also, the Saleen HIDs are on.

:banana:

05musclestang 1/10/06 02:17 PM

Sounds awesome Brad, can't wait to see the HP gains! :nice:

THRUST_ 1/10/06 03:06 PM

cool, can't wait for some numbers and pictures! :nice:

maybe a video of it in action?

1999 Black 35th GT 1/11/06 05:24 PM

What's Paul's expert opinion on what the output will be Brad?

TMSBrad 1/11/06 09:05 PM

We'll definitely get some dyno videos on Saturday. I expect to make 440 rwhp on our best run, but I hope to tune it way down for daily driving.

I got to drive the car home tonight, but I kept it below 3500 rpms until we tune the car to make sure it's getting good fuel pressure.

Boost is fun.

wild stray 1/11/06 10:39 PM

Wow, you're really moving along with that beauty! :nice:

svopaul 1/12/06 08:16 AM

Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@January 11, 2006, 6:27 PM
What's Paul's expert opinion on what the output will be Brad?

The tune I downloaded into the car to get it running well enough for the drive home and to the dyno was one Doug sent me and is from another car that made 442HP I believe. The car ran reasonably well but we want it on the dyno to be certain everything is in check.

MSP 1/12/06 09:05 AM

Contratulations Brad!! Hope you have fun! :nice:

Also, the videos are very very important! Its really hard to find good videos of Vortech Supercharged mustangs on the net... I have looked and looked, with no luck.. So I will be waiting anxiously for yours...

Thanks in advance... A shot which tries to focus attention on the sound of the S/C would be good..

TMSBrad 1/12/06 12:43 PM

Personally I don't understand videos of dyno runs--seems boring to me--but what I think we'll do if Scothew is available is capture video from the front and audio from the back and add them together, so you get the full effect.

THRUST_ 1/12/06 01:01 PM

I agree about the dyno videos, they're better than nothing, but when I said "video of it in action" what I really meant was driving. :-D

TRQ QTRHRSE 1/12/06 01:34 PM

Brad, when we dynoed the green car we had some fuel issues at first on higher RPM’s. We were able to isolate our problem and switch to a standalone pump as apposed to the piggy back pump and actually picked up fuel pressure in the higher RPM range. These return less fuels systems stink. Our car made modest power on the dyno. I have owned several Kenne Bell powered mustangs and they are defiantly “Smok’em While They Last Tire Fryers” by the Vortech with the charge cooler on the green car in a hard puller all the way through the RPM range. There are pros and cons to both and I must say I the jury is still out on witch one I like best. Oh yea the car made 509 hp@ 5700 on 91 octane fuel. We don’t seem to have 93 octane here in Kansas. I guess that’s what they make octane boost for. Good luck this weekend on the dyno.

TMSBrad 1/12/06 01:38 PM

I believe we have the fuel pressure problem licked, and I have every faith in BamaChips and the magic Doug works with SCT's X2.

We shall see!!!

futuresvt 1/14/06 04:24 PM

UPDATE??????!!!!!!!!

Are all the internals still internal??

TMSBrad 1/14/06 04:48 PM

We had some technical problems with the dyno itself. We'll have to reschedule our appointment.

JeffreyDJ 1/14/06 10:14 PM

:(

MSP 1/15/06 06:11 AM

Originally posted by TheMustangSource@January 14, 2006, 3:51 PM
We had some technical problems with the dyno itself. We'll have to reschedule our appointment.

Sounds like the SourceHorse broke the dyno! :eek: :jester:

I would say the dyno is just not accustomed to that many boosted horses! :nice:

Dont worry Brad, your patience will pay off soon... Hang in there Champ!

MilStang 1/15/06 04:29 PM

I look forward to the dyno numbers when you do make it back there!!

:nice:

Scothew 1/15/06 09:33 PM

Originally posted by MSP@January 15, 2006, 7:14 AM
I would say the dyno is just not accustomed to that many boosted horses! :nice:

It was a mechanical failure due to a power surge the previous night. I have full confidence in Blake of Walker Dyno Tune and I know for a fact that his dyno has seen its share of powerful ponies ;)