Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle

Search this Thread

Old 5/25/10, 03:20 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,525 Likes on 1,861 Posts
Originally Posted by Jason @ 281m
KC,

We didnt get one sale that were aware of. If someone did buy and forgot to mention the cause, please let us know. I think we didnt get any response from people because they dont know us on here. I think since people dont know us they didnt realize we are a mail order and full service custom Mustang shop! There are so many good forums and so little time. We'll off ther donation again if anyone from this forum is interested in giving us a shot at their business and helping out Andrew as well!

We would make an ourright donation, but we already have our charity budget set up for the year and with trying times we just cant afford to do much more. We support so many local charitys already. We were going to collect donations from people at our luncheon at the Fabulous Ford's Forever show but a local car club president made that impossible by calling the cops on us saying we were selling food. There's more to it, but not wanting to waste readers time.
I appreciate your efforts regardless of outcome. Things do not always pan out as we like. I would encourage TMS Members to give a look at the 281 Motorsports site and get to know them.

I would also encourage 281 Motorsports to Check out TMS as it is a great site. I have been a fixture here since 2004 and for good reason. Good people. Best group around!

Thank You!

MGB,

KC
Old 5/26/10, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by maucoin65
Oh Kevin, I am SO sorry to read the latest update. I have a daily reminder on my Outlook calendar to pray for Andrew, you and your family, which I "snooze" for an hour at a time to remind me to pray for you throughout the day. I'll step that up to every 30 minutes. Please remain firm in your personal faith and strong for Andrew. He needs your encouragement which I know is extremely difficult for you right now. We are all there with you in spirit. Please keep us posted; update us when you can.
Hello old friend,

Andrew is doing better and his counts are on a slow rise. There are other issues below the surface I am dealing with as well. They are wearing me down and it is hard to remain as sunny as I would like. More on that when the time is right.

MGB,

KC
Old 5/30/10, 05:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kevin

I hate to read about the struggle you and your family are still going though. My thoughts are with you and them all and especially with your son.

Have a safe and happy memorial day weekend. Take care and know we are all thinking of you all.

Andretti
Old 6/1/10, 09:07 AM
Team Mustang Source

Kevin,

I am very sorry to hear about the struggle that your family is going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

I can't thank you enough all the times you've helped me when I've called you all the way from New Jersey just for part#s and getting me the stuff I need for my car.

I will gladly donate to help you and your family raise funds!

Best Wishes!

-Paul Molinari- (aka, Paul from NJ)
Old 6/1/10, 09:50 AM
FR500 Member

Hi Kevin,

Did you and your family manage to have a good holiday weekend?
Old 6/1/10, 11:53 AM

UPDATE!

Andrew Managed to stay out of the Hospital this weekend. They Sent an IV Machine to the House and a Nurse came in saturday and Showed us how to work it. He was getting IV Antibiotics. It was nice to have him Home all weekend.

I was simply exhausted and only managed to get some grocery shopping done this weekend as the wife was even more worn out than me. Not my favorite thing to do.

A colonoscopy is next on the Agenda and I feel for Him as I have been down this Road. The procedure itself is no big deal but the Stuff you got to take to prepare is brutal. And the Infection issue In his week condition concerns me.

The battle for financial Assistance goes on and it only took a month to max out the Fuel card Allowance from the Cancer Society. $300.00 a year. The 110 Mile trip Sometimes 5 times a week is rough on the budget. We are glad to get what we can where we can but the mountains of paperwork to apply for it are overwhelming and of course no guarantee to get it.

Without the generousity of the TMS Members and Vendors we would Really be in a Lot worse shape. Again I would like to thank everybody!

MGB,

KC
Old 6/1/10, 04:10 PM

UPDATE

Andrews Counts are up today and hopefully he will get the rest of the week off and be able to feel half normal. the Doctor says he should be able to attend his sisters graduation this week. This will be the First time he will be out in the general public since diagnoses.

Also he will be able to putter around with the project car a bit which is something he really misses. I will try and take friday off to assist and spend a bit of quality time with him. I am really looking forward to it.

MGB,

KC
Old 6/1/10, 06:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That is great KC. Keep your spirits up.

AL
Old 6/1/10, 08:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Great to hear he's getting better KC!
Old 6/1/10, 09:46 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Good news for sure!
Old 6/2/10, 10:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Great news.
Old 6/6/10, 10:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Hello old friend,

Andrew is doing better and his counts are on a slow rise. There are other issues below the surface I am dealing with as well. They are wearing me down and it is hard to remain as sunny as I would like. More on that when the time is right.

MGB,

KC
Kevin: We certainly understand how life's burdens can overwhelm us at times. I am glad to read in your subsequent posts that circumstances and perspectives have changed for the positive.

Sorry it took me a while to reply; I had throat surgery on 5/28, then had to return to the O.R. on 6/4/10 to re-stitch my throat (48 hours of hiccups popped most of the sutures). So I've been either tied or on medication or both. But you, Andrew and your family remain in my prayers throughout every day.

Hang in there, my friend. You are doing great, the best you can do, which is all any of us could do. Just remind Andrew often how very much you love your son.
Old 6/6/10, 01:59 PM

UPDATE,

Andrews Colonoscopy got moved up and was performed friday. The problem was apparent even without it. A simple Finger exam revealed a large hole in the colon caused by the chemo. This was the cause of bleeding and the ecoli infections. He will be having surgery very very soon to repair the damage.

We had a similar episode during his first leukemia treatment in the upper intestinal area. As soon as he recovers it's back to chemo.

The roller Coaster ride continues. I had a couple of hours saturday & managed to drop the motor & trans in andrews project car. He was extremely pleased to say the least.

I was off work Friday to help with Andrews Care & it's catch up time as usual Monday at work.

That's all for now as I am back to the mountains of paperwork for andrews medical financial situation.

MGB,

KC

P.S.

Hang in there Mike! You are in my prayers as well.

Last edited by 05stangkc; 6/6/10 at 02:03 PM.
Old 6/6/10, 02:06 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh no! Chemo is so **** harsh Mr. BlueSkyVert has been off of chemo since April 1st, and still has lingering side effects. Your son is in my thoughts.

Hope we can find a better way to target these rogue bastard cells!!!
Old 6/6/10, 02:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

Originally Posted by BlueSkyVert
Oh no! Chemo is so **** harsh Mr. BlueSkyVert has been off of chemo since April 1st, and still has lingering side effects. Your son is in my thoughts.

Hope we can find a better way to target these rogue bastard cells!!!
At a minimum, we can focus our prayers to target these rogue bastard cells !!!

Thanks, Kevin, unless you've experienced adult throat surgery you cannot imagine how painful it is, especially twice within a week. I know I couldn't imagine until I got in the middle of it But it's nothing compared to what Andrew is dealing with.

We'll keep interceding on each other's behalf. You're doing great, Kevin; you're a great Dad. I didn't say "perfect" (so no pressure), but I did say great.
Old 6/10/10, 11:34 AM

Update

The Dr's decided to monitor the Ulcerated Colon and not do surgery at this time. They feel it would heal on it's own quicker. Andrew has a little break to get his strength back before going back to chemo. We seem to be in the eye of the storm this week with a bit of dead calm as far as Andrew is concerened

Mgb,

KC
Old 6/10/10, 06:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
That seems... odd. You'd think they wanna close that up pronto...

Then again, I'm not a doctor by a *long* shot...

Sure hope it heals quickly.
Old 6/11/10, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by houtex
That seems... odd. You'd think they wanna close that up pronto...

Then again, I'm not a doctor by a *long* shot...

Sure hope it heals quickly.
My Thoughts as well!

Mgb,

KC
Old 6/12/10, 11:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Sometimes the body can heal a damaged tissue better than manipulating the situation and aggravating the area. God Bless and please keep us updated.
Old 6/17/10, 01:14 PM

UPDATE

Andrew has been doing Ok. He has been gone recieving Chemo all this week. He will be home this weekend but will likely be worn out and taking it very easy.

Mgb,

KC

Quick Reply: Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle