Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle

Old 5/7/10, 09:50 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awesome! I hope tomorrow goes as well.
Old 5/7/10, 10:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Great News.
Old 5/8/10, 10:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Good to know.
Old 5/10/10, 11:18 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,858 Posts
Update

Got a few needed Pieces off the parts car for Andrews Charger. One of the Three volunteer's showed up. Due to Spider bite Danger on Car I decided it best to be the Guy pulling parts under the car vs the Volunteer. I have already been bit by Brown recluse & Black Widow's over the years so I guess I should have a bit of tolerance built up. Andrew was happy to get any kind of progress on the Project.

Batteries Half Recharged from the weekend. Managed Sunday to Get the Family Take out Dinner & Mothers day Cards for the Wife. Got one of those Singing Cards. When you opened it it sang { Ain't no Woman like the one I got.} She was amused!

Back to Chemo for the Week! I hope all goes as Planned with no Side trips back to the Hospital!

Back at work for some Rest! LOL!

Mgb,

KC
Old 5/14/10, 11:11 AM

Hi, I know I'm new and just came to the forums looking for information on OEM parts, but then I read KC's post and reminded me that in general we tend to take a lot of things for granted at times. We go through our days enjoying the smooth ride assuming that it will always be that way, till the road decides to throw a pothole at us. But that's all this is KC, just a bump a road. From what I read here and the pics you posted, he seems like a strong kid, and with all the support his family and friends are showing him, no doubt he'll make it through this with fly colors.
Old 5/14/10, 11:13 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey KC, it was great to chat with you a few days ago. I paypal'ed you $100 for your battle! My prayers are with you, your son and your entire family!!
Old 5/14/10, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by MELLOWYELLOW06
Talked to the guys at TRUFIBER and this is what they came up with. For the next 20 hoods they sell, they will discount the hood by 20% for the customer/friend. TRUFIBER will then take another 20% off the remaining price and donate it to Andrew's Fund. This is the perfect opportunity to get the hood you have wanted, knowing a generous donation will go to Andrew in your name as well. Just mention Andrew Casey when you call TRUFIBER for your hood. This includes hoods from their Carbon Fiber line.
http://www.trufiber.com/

http://www.trucarbon.net/

TRUFIBER
264 Winfield Circle

Corona, CA 92880
PH: 951-270-3222
FX: 951-371-7675
Mon-Fri: 10am-6pm Pacific Time
Sat-Sun: Closed

As per Joe this Offer still Good and the Current Kitty is $325.00 For Andrews Fund! Way to Go Trufiber!

MGB,

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 5/14/10 at 12:38 PM.
Old 5/14/10, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
This is not acceptable to have this happen to "one of our own." I wish we had known last week, we would have taken the raffle donations and instead of giving it to the local Humane Society, we wouldv'e sent it your way.

If you like, we would be happy to donate products that you can eBay or silent auction and use all the proceeds towards the fund. In the meantime, we don't have a lot in our PayPal account at the moment, but now it's in yours. Hope that helps.

What size shirt does your son wear in the meantime?
A big thanks to Silverhorse for the Paypal Donation & Items to Auction! All Silverhorse Auctions have ended & the total Donation was $400.00 + It will be a Great Help toward expenses.

Mgb,

KC For Andrew!
Old 5/14/10, 05:22 PM

UPDATE!

Andrew came home this Afternoon after getting Treatment all week. If he's up to it I am sure we can work in a Little Time on his car project. Gotta Dive in. He's sure to be a bit stir Crazy.

Mgb,

KC
Old 5/14/10, 05:25 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
UPDATE!

Andrew came home this Afternoon after getting Treatment all week. If he's up to it I am sure we can work in a Little Time on his car project. Gotta Dive in. He's sure to be a bit stir Crazy.

Mgb,

KC
I hope it works out that way for him this weekend. All the best to your family.
Old 5/20/10, 09:57 AM

Update

Treatment Proceeding on a day to day schedule. No major changes or issues. The days are starting to be a blur as we try and maintain a semblence or normalcy in our lives.

We are all just bone tired and in full survival mode. expenses are mounting at an alarming rate and I got to find the time and energy to start listing personal Items on Ebay. It's very likely the stang will have to go.

We still do not know exactly when the Marrow Transplant will happen but when it does life will really get turned upside down as Andrew and the wife will be far away at a Marrow center for 3 to 4 months I believe.

The good news is My Youngest Daughter will be graduating from High School very soon and will have more time to help during summer vacation. She is going to community college after to become a nurse. A helpful skill to have.

Thanks again to all for your Prayer's, Cards, Calls & Donations.

MGB,

KC
Old 5/20/10, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Jason @ 281m
Kevin, 281 Motorsports will donate 5% of total sales for any purchases made in his name for the next 30 days starting today. Customers must let us know the purchase is to support Andrew. Call 877-281-6878 or visit www.281motorsports.com We will also do a raffle at FFF at our lounge. Any one needing info, please email me so I can get some further details.

info@28m.com

Hi Jason!

Just wondering how this all turned out and if it is still in effect or not!

Please update!

Thanks!

MGB,

KC
Old 5/24/10, 12:34 PM

Update!

Sorry, I do not have better news.

Andrew is not responding well to his aggresive treatment. He is fighting an infection and is back in the Hospital again. He was passing blood saturday afternoon and fighting a fever. The wife took him up late saturday evening.

My biggest fears are from when they leave the house to getting situated in the hospital during these episodes. The hour+ drive seems like an eternity waiting for word they got there safe. A little piece of me dies everytime it happens.

His spirits are quite low as he just can't seem to catch a break where he can simply relax a bit at home and maybe do a little something on his car. It's just not happening. He simply has Zero energy and Zero Resistance to infection.

I look forward to a bit of light and the end of the tunnel for him. He needs a break. It would be nice to gain some ground.

MGb,

KC
Old 5/24/10, 02:18 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm sorry to hear this, our prayers will be with him and your family.
Old 5/24/10, 02:48 PM

Hi Jason!

Just wondering how this all turned out and if it is still in effect or not!

Please update!

Thanks!

MGB,

KC
KC,

We didnt get one sale that were aware of. If someone did buy and forgot to mention the cause, please let us know. I think we didnt get any response from people because they dont know us on here. I think since people dont know us they didnt realize we are a mail order and full service custom Mustang shop! There are so many good forums and so little time. We'll off ther donation again if anyone from this forum is interested in giving us a shot at their business and helping out Andrew as well!

We would make an ourright donation, but we already have our charity budget set up for the year and with trying times we just cant afford to do much more. We support so many local charitys already. We were going to collect donations from people at our luncheon at the Fabulous Ford's Forever show but a local car club president made that impossible by calling the cops on us saying we were selling food. There's more to it, but not wanting to waste readers time.

Last edited by Jason @ 281m; 5/24/10 at 02:50 PM.
Old 5/24/10, 03:30 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
KC, Sorry to hear that, tell him we are all praying for him.....
Old 5/24/10, 10:53 PM

Hey Kevin,

I know we haven't talked on these boards before although we did talk on the phone today, but reading about your son's struggle has reminded me of my own family's bouts with cancer, most recently my dad. I am happy to say he is doing well now. It's something that no one or any family should have to go through. It makes you realize what is important in life and how important family is. I will keep Andrew and you and the rest of your family in my prayers and will pray for him to have a speedy recovery.

Sincerely,
Neil
Old 5/24/10, 11:36 PM
Mach 1 Member

Update!

Sorry, I do not have better news.

Andrew is not responding well to his aggresive treatment. He is fighting an infection and is back in the Hospital again. He was passing blood saturday afternoon and fighting a fever. The wife took him up late saturday evening.

My biggest fears are from when they leave the house to getting situated in the hospital during these episodes. The hour+ drive seems like an eternity waiting for word they got there safe. A little piece of me dies everytime it happens.

His spirits are quite low as he just can't seem to catch a break where he can simply relax a bit at home and maybe do a little something on his car. It's just not happening. He simply has Zero energy and Zero Resistance to infection.

I look forward to a bit of light and the end of the tunnel for him. He needs a break. It would be nice to gain some ground.

MGb,

KC

Im sorry to hear this Kevin. Just know we are here for you brother and give me a call anytime. Thanks for listening to me the other day. Both of them actually finished their rounds of chemo today and came home. God Bless all of them.
Old 5/25/10, 04:05 AM
FR500 Member

Hi KC,

I'm so sorry to hear that things are that rough right now. I hope that you and the rest of your family have people around you that you can turn to for support and encouragement. It's a little harder to do from so far away.

Keeping you in my prayers.
Old 5/25/10, 08:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

Oh Kevin, I am SO sorry to read the latest update. I have a daily reminder on my Outlook calendar to pray for Andrew, you and your family, which I "snooze" for an hour at a time to remind me to pray for you throughout the day. I'll step that up to every 30 minutes. Please remain firm in your personal faith and strong for Andrew. He needs your encouragement which I know is extremely difficult for you right now. We are all there with you in spirit. Please keep us posted; update us when you can.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle