Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle

Search this Thread

Old 12/7/11, 06:35 PM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss
Tears in heaven reminds me of my dad who passed. My condolences.
Old 12/7/11, 06:57 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,538 Likes on 1,873 Posts
This Picture Taken Shortly after the News at Stanford Hospital Andrew had been Told he had 4-6 Weeks to live. He doubled their estimate.

Look at his Strength in his expression. I wish I was half the man he was.

I never saw him cry, ask why me or scream in anger. He simply took life a day at a time & gave it all he had. When he could finally do nothing more for himself anymore such as eat, walk or get to the bathroom without help he was gone in a day quickly and with quiet dignity to the end.

It was I that screamed in anger why him and cried as he passed.

Andrew your are and will always be my Hero!

Love, Dad
Attached Thumbnails Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrewdday.jpg  

Last edited by 05stangkc; 12/7/11 at 07:26 PM.
Old 12/7/11, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by lalayla
I'm sorry for your loss
Tears in heaven reminds me of my dad who passed. My condolences.
Holidays are the Toughest they say and I believe it's true. Sorry to hear about your Dad.

Today I spent a lot of time in the garage going through boxes of parts many of which Andrew had organized while I was at work and had left handwritten notes in.Things like that really seem to hit home. He was a great organizer and really loved all our Junk. It just all kind of caught up to me this evening.

I very seldom post anywhere but here in this forum and website in Regards to Andrew. It's a place I can tell it like it is. It gets bottled up and has to go somewhere. Thanks to all for the place.

I have been doing pretty well most of the time lately but I am allowing myself the freedom to feel like I feel and say what I need to say this year during the holidays until we get past Mid January. I hope it will get a bit easier after all the unknowns of these Holidays.

We still don't know if we are having a{QUOTE} Christmas this year. I have left it up to the girls and they are still not sure. Andrew was such a central fixture at Christmas as he was so much fun to buy gifts for. He was always so appreciative. We just can't get excited about it this year.

I hope those who are or have gone through a loss such as I have, that there is some value in my posts if only to know you are not alone in the pain of grieving and even though it's very hard life goes on and whats left is what we make of it.

Thanks for your Post.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Mgb,

Kc

This is All I ask this Year for Christmas!

https://themustangsource.com/f649/sh...avatar-460734/

Get a CHRISTMAS AVATAR DEDICATED TO THE MEMORY OF ANDREW J CASEY. He Truly Knew the Spirit of Christmas.
Attached Images  

Last edited by 05stangkc; 12/7/11 at 11:15 PM.
Old 12/10/11, 10:46 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
here I am crying again Kevin.. reading your posts. God Bless you and the memory of your Son.. Andrew is looking down at you I am sure..
Old 12/10/11, 10:55 AM
Calgon Take Me Away!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 05stangkc

Holidays are the Toughest they say and I believe it's true. Sorry to hear about your Dad.

Today I spent a lot of time in the garage going through boxes of parts many of which Andrew had organized while I was at work and had left handwritten notes in.Things like that really seem to hit home. He was a great organizer and really loved all our Junk. It just all kind of caught up to me this evening.

I very seldom post anywhere but here in this forum and website in Regards to Andrew. It's a place I can tell it like it is. It gets bottled up and has to go somewhere. Thanks to all for the place.

I have been doing pretty well most of the time lately but I am allowing myself the freedom to feel like I feel and say what I need to say this year during the holidays until we get past Mid January. I hope it will get a bit easier after all the unknowns of these Holidays.

We still don't know if we are having a{QUOTE} Christmas this year. I have left it up to the girls and they are still not sure. Andrew was such a central fixture at Christmas as he was so much fun to buy gifts for. He was always so appreciative. We just can't get excited about it this year.

I hope those who are or have gone through a loss such as I have, that there is some value in my posts if only to know you are not alone in the pain of grieving and even though it's very hard life goes on and whats left is what we make of it.

Thanks for your Post.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Mgb,

Kc

This is All I ask this Year for Christmas!

https://themustangsource.com/f649/sh...avatar-460734/

Get a CHRISTMAS AVATAR DEDICATED TO THE MEMORY OF ANDREW J CASEY. He Truly Knew the Spirit of Christmas.
I wish you and your family strength to make it through the season as painlessly as possible. I wouldn't know the loss of a child and I couldn't imagine the hurt. My dad did pass suddenly a few years ago and it definitely is harder during the holidays. This made me tear up too. If only I knew the words... Hope you have a happy new year too.
Old 12/16/11, 08:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Praying you and your girls through this difficult season, Kevin. Andrew's spirit lives on through you and with all of us. May God bless you and your family, my friend.
Old 12/17/11, 11:56 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by maucoin65
Praying you and your girls through this difficult season, Kevin. Andrew's spirit lives on through you and with all of us. May God bless you and your family, my friend.
Cant say anything more than this.. God Bless....
Old 12/22/11, 02:44 PM

Hello,

This Christmas has and will continue to be quite difficult. It is made easier knowing people care.

I ask for continued prayer from the Mustang Community that my family will know peace & be able to carry on. Tommorrow Andrew would have been 22.

Mgb,

KC
Old 12/23/11, 08:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

KC,

You and your family will be in our prayers. Take care and God bless!

Merry Christmas!

Matt
Old 12/24/11, 09:06 AM
Cobra Member

Andrew has a wonderful birthday in heaven looking down on you Kevin...
Old 1/6/12, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKlcuEdtGVo

AT 10:00 A.M. PST Andrew went home with Jesus.

Mgb,

Andrews Dad
One Year Ago To the Day to the Minute.

I would like to end this year of First's in regards to the life of our son Andrew with a recap of what has transpired. I will be working on this post for awhile as the emotion level inhibits a one sitting write.

More To Follow.

{Pic} Andrew & Sarah {Posing} in the late 90's Putting on their MOPAR MUSCLE Faces. Truck Bed filled with Performance Parts for Challenger. Rare Pics without Andrews's Signature Smile. I had to Include his Smile so here is Andrew & Sarah in front of my long gone 63 Polara. Andrew Later Purchased a 64 Polara for Dad to replace it. Someday it will Drive Again.

KC
Attached Thumbnails Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrewmoparmuscle.jpg   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrew-sarah63polara.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by 05stangkc; 1/6/12 at 11:44 AM.
Old 1/6/12, 11:21 AM
Bullitt Member

Kevin,
I can't believe it's been a year... It feels like yesterday that I remember seeing the photo of Andrew opening all the gifts and wondering which model he'd build first...

Andrew passed knowing that his family loved him and would never forget him. There is solace in this. There is no doubt he went with a happy heart. It's unfortunate that those of us left behind can't always feel the same. You'll see him again in the future and I'm sure you'll find him under the hood of a car waiting for you to pick up some tools and get to work.
Old 6/15/12, 09:03 PM

June sixth was 18 Months since we lost Andrew and the holidays are especially hard without him. This will be my second Fathers day without him. Mothers Day was especially hard for Terri.

We are functioning better but still somewhat dazed. I must get back to work to keep going. Sorry I dropped out of the scene again but I intend to be a part of TMS again very soon. Having shared and gone through Andrews journey here it's painful to be reminded of the outcome but I really miss the Family I had here. I believe I now have the strength to return.

I realized the other day also how much I missed my old job at the Dealership. When the new owners cut me loose twice during Andrews Final days it did not register to me that they also cut another Family out of my life. 11 Years was a long time & I know now this impacted me greatly as well.

I purchased the old www.clevparts.com domain that Brad used to have set aside for me here on TMS. At the present it's merely contact info but I am hoping to make a real site in the future for members to purchase OEM Ford and other parts. I was hoping for another Dealership position but that has not panned out.

Add to this the Loss of my Sister and I guess it's a wonder I am doing as well as I am.

In honor of Fathers day I post a pic of Andrew and his Grandfather circa 1991 Mowing and Me and my Father Mowing circa 1963. Also Andrew & Me Circa 1993. I lost my dad in 93. Mom Followed in 95. I think I posted these before but I am not ready to reread this forum yet and search for it.

Please take the time to spend the Day with your Children and your Fathers this Sunday. There are only so many to come around.

Next time you Dread having to mow Remember these pics and smile! As a matter of fact I will likely be mowing mine this fathers day! That is after some time working on the Fairlane with Sarah.

Sarah is doing pretty good and when the waterpump sprung a leak on the BigBlock Fairlane she asked me to supervise and walk her through replacing it. She did about 80% of the work herself. Even changed the sparkplugs which is a task on a B/B Fairlane.

Warm Regards,

KC
Attached Thumbnails Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-lawnmower.jpg   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-lawnmower1.jpg  

Last edited by 05stangkc; 6/16/12 at 09:08 AM.
Old 6/15/12, 09:16 PM

Nice to hear from you Kevin, great pictures!
Old 6/16/12, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by jacostang
Nice to hear from you Kevin, great pictures!
Thanks Dave! It's kind of cool to have the generational MOW pics. My wife & her mom took tons of pics when the kids were small. So Many most never made it to albums. Someday I will go through the boxes and search for some more gems.

Grandma still goes to the Cemetary Every Day without fail. The grandparents bought the plot next to Andrew shortly after he passed. That's some Grandma.

KC
Old 6/16/12, 12:13 PM

Wow, everyday thats very.... I dont even know what to say....
Old 6/18/12, 06:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for sharing the photo's Kevin, very nice to see you posting again !
Old 6/18/12, 06:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank you for sharing this Kevin. My condolences to you and your family. Looking forward to seeing you posting again in the forums.
Old 6/20/12, 09:47 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Good to hear from you Kevin!!!
Old 6/21/12, 02:46 PM
Cobra Member

love the recent pictures Kevin... Thanks for up dating us with how you are doing... God bless you guys and stay strong.. I can't imagine life without our Son

Quick Reply: Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle