Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle

Search this Thread

Old 1/16/11, 07:46 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just saw this thread for the first time. I spent a couple of hours and read every post. I can't imagine what you're going through, but I think what you did with this thread is very special. Although many of us don't know you or Andrew, you allowed us to join you on your journey and participate in the trial of faith God put before you. You showed the rest of us, and the world, that there is good in the world and through even the most painful of life's tragedies, good people are still capable of tremendous strength and courage. More than that, your son had a powerful impact on not only our mustang community but will do so in the future, to the whole world, as this thread will likely be preserved for ever. As he lives in eternal life and love with Jesus our Lord, he also will live with all of us. For that, we thank you.
Old 1/16/11, 08:21 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05stangkc
I took a Ride in the Mustang Last Night. I had to junp start it as it had sit for a couple of months. Andrew drove it a couple of times in the past but never in the last months.

I had every car we owned and was drivable insured in case he wanted to. He had not driven a stick other than The GT/CS and The Shelby. He actually thought the Shelby was easier to drive. It took me a long time to be comfortable with the Dual Disc Setup just seemed clumsy.

I think he his legs were just too weak and he did not want to hurt the car and wreck it. He always considered everything so carefully. I wish he could have driven it on one of his better Days.

As time is starting to pass again it's easy to see things we missed but I must concentrate on what we did and not what didn't do.

My family must start a new chapter and take learned from this experience and put it into practice. Andrew will always be in our hearts & thoughts and I feel very much more accountable for the life I lead from here forward.

I feel a bit of akward silence in this forum and I 'm not sure if I should just stop posting or go on. I will take it one day at a time and one foot in front of the other cause I am a bit lost at the moment.

For now I am rebooting as it were and the best program on the computer is gone. My family will have to learn a way. It won't be easy.

MGB,

KJC 4 TJC, SJC & the Spirit of AJC. The four J's!

No awkwardness here! I think we're all just waiting on you, hehe

Maybe depending on what you decide to throw your energy into, you can start a new thread in Andrew's memory? Something that doesn't have any of the bad memories, but allows us to be involved in an ongoing celebration of his life

Like if you decide to continue working on his Charger...then we can watch the progress and imagine how Andrew would love what you're doing!
Old 1/17/11, 07:23 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,535 Likes on 1,871 Posts
Originally Posted by Gaspi101
I just saw this thread for the first time. I spent a couple of hours and read every post. I can't imagine what you're going through, but I think what you did with this thread is very special. Although many of us don't know you or Andrew, you allowed us to join you on your journey and participate in the trial of faith God put before you. You showed the rest of us, and the world, that there is good in the world and through even the most painful of life's tragedies, good people are still capable of tremendous strength and courage. More than that, your son had a powerful impact on not only our mustang community but will do so in the future, to the whole world, as this thread will likely be preserved for ever. As he lives in eternal life and love with Jesus our Lord, he also will live with all of us. For that, we thank you.
There were many seeds planted thoughout this journey and we are already seeing in our own lives the fruit of Andrews life & Story. By continuing to share these I would continue to honor my son & share the kindness demonstrated by others. I will go on & keep this topic intact for the present.

I really appreciate you reading the entire topic and sharing your thoughts. All your points had value & meaning to me.They are appreciated more than you can know.

MGB,

KJC
Old 1/18/11, 09:16 AM
Bullitt Member

To echo what many have already said, whether it's this thread or a new one, we should definately continue posts in your son's memory. We are all here for you Kevin, whether it's to share a story, and good news or give you a sounding board to vent on a tough day.
Old 1/18/11, 12:52 PM
GT Member

I suggest a new one--The thread tile is too painful.
Old 1/18/11, 05:51 PM

I received this From Stuart at the Moser Foundation. I like it.

WEEP NOT FOR ME

Would you like to know where I am?

I am at home in my Father's house, in the mansion prepared for me there.

I am where I would be --

No longer on the stormy sea, but in the safe and quiet harbor.

My working time is done and I am resting.

My sowing time is done and I am reaping.

My joy is as the joy of harvest.

Would you know how it is with me?

I am made perfect in holiness.

Grace is swallowed up in glory,

Faith no longer hopes, but sees.

Mortality has given way to life as it was meant to be.

Would you know what I am doing?

I see God.

I see Him as He is, not as through a glass darkly, but face to face,

And the sight is transforming, it makes me like Him.

I am in the sweet enjoyment of my blessed Redeemer.

I am here singing hallelujahs necessarily to Him who sits upon the throne,

And I rest not day or night from praising Him.

Would you know what company I keep?

Blessed Company -

Better than the best on earth.

Here are holy angels and the spirits of just men made perfect.

I am set down with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and all the saints.

And here I meet with many of my old acquaintances with whom I worked,

And the dearest of the world whom I loved and with whom I prayed

Who came hither before me.

Would you know how long this is to continue?

It is the dawn that never withers,

The crown of glory that fades not away.

After millions and millions of ages it will be as fresh as it is now,

And therefore, weep not for me.

-- Ascribed to Matthew Henry, 18th century
Old 1/19/11, 02:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

I was so sad when I dropped by this thread to see how Andrew was making it and saw that he had passed. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family.
Old 1/19/11, 11:16 PM
Bullitt Member

God bless you and your family.
Old 1/25/11, 10:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

Kevin, Terri & Sarah: You are still on our hearts, minds and prayers. May God bless the Casey family, comfort them and ease their pain.
Old 1/26/11, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by maucoin65
Kevin, Terri & Sarah: You are still on our hearts, minds and prayers. May God bless the Casey family, comfort them and ease their pain.

Hello,

old friend

That's exactly what we need now as the reality of all that has happend is sinking in. I really appreciate all the support & kind posts we recieved from the forum members through this heart wrenching journey.

Some of the posts were so heartfelt, kind and complementary I felt unable & a bit unworthy to respond.

I feel I must set an example for my family to try & press on and be a family again. It's going to be a slow hard process but I hope to get going soon.

I know I can't go on feeling the way I do now as it is eating me alive. I know Terri & Sarah are feeling the same way. Andrew certainly would not want us miserable. I take some comfort in that thought.

It's a chore just getting out of bed as when I dream Andrew is still alive and fighting for his life. I have these dreams most every night. When I wake the reality is far different. I just want to go back to sleep where the fight is still going.

I did some posts yesterday & it felt good. I have a back log of emails I need to get to and start answering the new ones in a timely fashion. Please bear with me as I work back into things.

I have good days & bad days where things get done or not. I think today will be a good day.

May God Bless!

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 1/26/11 at 10:14 AM.
Old 1/26/11, 12:29 PM

Kevin: Everything you wrote is certainly understandable and, IMHO, actually quite normal. You will continue to run the gamut of emotions for some time, no doubt. In time the good days will out number & out weigh the bad. Striving to set the example for your family and "be a family" again is good, just don't put too much pressure on yourself. We are confident that you all will do well over time.

You will never get over Andrew, in terms of loving & missing him. But in time you will get better at dealing with his loss.

And we'll be right there with you along the way. Mike
Old 1/26/11, 02:06 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A simple hope that today is one of those good days for you and your family.
Old 1/27/11, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by catman
A simple hope that today is one of those good days for you and your family.
Amen. One day at a time.
Old 1/28/11, 08:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
KC,

My thoughts and prayers to you and your family. I want to share a video with you. This song has brought a lot of healing to people who have lost loved ones. It talks about seeing our loved ones again in heaven. It talks about being with them (in heaven) a lot longer than we will be without them here on earth. It's called "Hello After Goodbye." I hope you like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1znOs8qY6bM
Old 2/6/11, 05:43 PM

Unhappy

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKlcuEdtGVo

AT 10:00 A.M. PST Andrew went home with Jesus.

Mgb,

Andrews Dad

One Month ago we lost Andrew 01/06/11 .

Sarah & I worked on cars today it was nice.

We are all still in shock .

Kc

Last edited by 05stangkc; 2/6/11 at 05:47 PM.
Old 2/6/11, 08:55 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
He is still with us, not in body but in spirit and will always be......When I lost my brother to Colon Cancer it took a while, I wanted him back so bad then one evening I felt a very calming, graceful sense that was overwhelming.. Then just like that it was over and the fist thing that came to me was Jon, I said thanks Brother you can go now.... See you later and thank you...

I still keep this picture on my desk top corner, I dont really know why, maybe waiting for the same feeling to release.....

God Bless K..

Dave
Attached Thumbnails Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-82375d1294418941-please-help-my-sons-fight-cancer-andrewsdoc-seniorpic2008.jpg  
Old 3/10/11, 09:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Kevin, Ive been extremely busy with life and all its hurdles but never had stopped thinking about you guys and just last night my wife asked about you and Andrew and I was so embarrassed to say that I had not talked to you in a while and I will contact you tomorrow. Well tomorrow is here and I just read this news. I am deeply saddened by this news. Having a hard time composing myself as I type this brother. He is in a better place now and resting. Our condolences to you and your family and if there is anything I can do, please dont hesitate to contact me.
Old 3/10/11, 10:28 AM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Unhappy

Very Sorry to read this about your Loss.

Terry Honaker aka "tigerhonaker"
Old 3/10/11, 11:26 AM
Bullitt Member

I just read the story about your son. I'm air sorry for your loss. It's very hard to loose such a amazing person. I lost my great grandmother 13 yrs go and I still think about her daily. I try to remember the goo times and how all the things she taught me growing up. I keep in mind that we one day be together. Again I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers
Old 3/11/11, 06:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Kevin, I just got done reading this whole thread, words cannot describe how terrible i feel and how my heart goes out to you! I am so sorry for your loss.
I am no good at this and have issues with this part of life.
That is all I can say!
Reading this thread and seeing all the support from such great people really warms the heart and is reassuring in these hard times the world seems to be going thru.
Keep your head up Kevin, and hopefully it will get a little easier to deal with as time moves along. No parent should have to endure this...it just is not fair!!
Again, my condolences to you and your family in your time of sorrow.
Take Care and God Bless,
Dave

Last edited by davids2toys; 3/11/11 at 08:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle