Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle

Search this Thread

Old 1/12/11, 04:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I pray this day will bring closure and open our hearts knowing Andrew is looking over all of us today as he turns wrenches and builds models as we celebrate life and remember him. God Bless Casey Family.
Old 1/12/11, 04:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KC,

So sorry to hear about this. You have my condolences to you and your family on your loss.

God Bless,

'69
Old 1/12/11, 05:59 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
just read about your sons passing. I'm so sorry Kevin. You have my best wishes for you and your family.
Old 1/12/11, 07:35 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,535 Likes on 1,871 Posts
It's been a Long Day and I need to Rest but I just wanted to say the Funeral went very well and I believe Andrew was grinning ear to ear in Heaven Today! We had so many compliments on how much people liked the funeral arrangements.

Mgb,

KC

Picture Hearse & Start of Funeral Procession Lots more Classic Cars Followed. Dad burned some Rubber in the Daytona right before we entered the Cemetary to let them know a Hot Rodder was Coming in!

Sarah,George,John & Terri
Attached Thumbnails Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrew-122x.jpg  

Last edited by 05stangkc; 1/12/11 at 07:58 PM.
Old 1/12/11, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/vis...82856638de05,0

http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/visa...&pid=147738397

Andrews Obituary & Guest Book

You Are all invited to sign in. Let everybody Know Andrew was known & Loved all over the States & the World. We would be greatly Honored!

Be advised it takes awhile for the comments to appear as they are screened.

MGB,

The Casey's

There are some very nice posts developing here if you would like a little more insight on andrews Life. And you can still post yourself if you like!

Mgb,

KC
Old 1/13/11, 05:06 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Good evening Casey Family, I hope the family is doing well as can be expected this evening after the services yesterday.

Last edited by ShowGT; 1/13/11 at 07:29 PM.
Old 1/13/11, 05:15 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Dad burned some Rubber in the Daytona right before we entered the Cemetary to let them know a Hot Rodder was Coming in!

Sarah,George,John & Terri
lol... Right on friend!! Shake 'em and wake 'em - Andrew's comin' in!!

Old 1/13/11, 05:21 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kevin,

I've been checking this forum occasionally, maybe once every couple weeks, so I just found out today that your son passed away.

I cannot imagine the overwhelming grief you must feel. My grandmother lost my uncle to leukemia in 1960. He was only 11 years old. She never stopped missing him. She told me many years later that the grief never goes away, but eventually you learn to live with it, and you can appreciate life again.

And this may be cold comfort to you, but as Christians, none of us ever "die". We go away for awhile, and then we all come together again with Jesus in the Lord's house. You will see Andrew again. Someday, many, many years from now, he will welcome YOU home. Despite what tragedies happen in life, no matter what losses we are forced to bear, that is God's ultimate promise to us.

I'm sure you are a good man and a great father. Andrew sounds like the type of guy who left a positive mark on everyone he met. I pray that you will someday find what peace you can, in spite of this tremendous loss, in knowing that you made him the man he turned out to be.
Old 1/13/11, 07:34 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I really wish I had a chance to meet him, although I feel like I have known him for a very long time. Rest Casey family and know he is well taken care of!
Old 1/14/11, 06:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kevin and family -

Just got caught up on this thread and wanted to pass on my deepest condolences to you and your family.
Old 1/14/11, 10:48 AM

Hello,

I made this collage for all our wonderful online supporters out there. It makes a nice 8.5 x 11 photo. We would consider it an Honor if you would Frame it and display it.

Andrew would love to be your Guardian Angel. When your feeling down & think somethings just impossible take a look at it and Remember his Smile, Determination and Passion for Life. I know I will!

May Glod Bless!

Kc for Terri, Sarah & the Spirit of Andrew.
Attached Thumbnails Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrewthanks.jpg  
Old 1/14/11, 05:03 PM

{Select Funeral Images}

Mgb,

KC
Attached Images          

Last edited by 05stangkc; 1/14/11 at 05:09 PM.
Old 1/14/11, 06:38 PM

Took a Ride in the Daytona. I needed to get out for a bit. I Love the looks of awe the little kids have when they see it. They grin from ear to ear and give thumbs up. A Scruffy Young man riding his Bike stops in the middle of the road and gives out a profane comment of admiration. Others just stare with a look of disbelief.

Andrew really enjoyed the attention we got in the car. As I pulled into the driveway I said, we are home son. Just an old habit as I stared at an empty seat.

I miss him so!

Mgb,

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 1/14/11 at 07:24 PM.
Old 1/14/11, 06:38 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Kevin, I want to say it is an honor to know you and to have known Andrew even it was virtual. We are an extended family and will always be a TMS Family. I sent myself a copy of the birthday card to keep and have it on my desk as I hope Terri has hers close to her heart. I bless your family and Andrew with everything I have inside and I pray this will help bring your hearts closer than ever to know what comes from within will stay with me and everyone here who post for ever. I wish I had a Father just like Kevin Casey, I want you know I hugged my Dad today and told I love him.

I find it honor to see the card on the table posted above, I thank you for that. It means the world to me and knowing I was a part of your family and will be here for you always.

Brandon Ashlock

If you need any of the cards made into duplicate, let me know. I also am sending Grandma a thank you for everything. I felt it is only fitting.
Old 1/14/11, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by ShowGT
Kevin, I want to say it is an honor to know you and to have known Andrew even it was virtual. We are an extended family and will always be a TMS Family. I sent myself a copy of the birthday card to keep and have it on my desk as I hope Terri has hers close to her heart. I bless your family and Andrew with everything I have inside and I pray this will help bring your hearts closer than ever to know what comes from within will stay with me and everyone here who post for ever. I wish I had a Father just like Kevin Casey, I want you know I hugged my Dad today and told I love him.

I find it honor to see the card on the table posted above, I thank you for that. It means the world to me and knowing I was a part of your family and will be here for you always.

Brandon Ashlock

If you need any of the cards made into duplicate, let me know. I also am sending Grandma a thank you for everything. I felt it is only fitting.

Very Nice Brandon.

Thank You!

K.J.C.
Old 1/15/11, 11:58 AM

At the Request of Members we have been Asked for Donation Info for Both Andrews Final Expenses and our Choice of a Foundation for Direct Leukemia Help. Please see sig for info.

Mgb,

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 1/15/11 at 12:02 PM.
Old 1/15/11, 02:40 PM

Terri Noticed a young man taking a video of the Funeral Procession from Accross the street. I tracked him down this A.M. and got him to send it to me. The Darn {T} is Noisy compared to the rest of the Pack! We did manage to get a couple of mustangs in there!

MGB,

KC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N5AKtlYNgs

Last edited by 05stangkc; 1/15/11 at 02:50 PM.
Old 1/15/11, 03:11 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I must say this, impressive line up with the support of the street machines. Andrew would have been proud, I bet he is turning wrenches in Heaven right now.
Old 1/16/11, 12:31 PM

I took a Ride in the Mustang Last Night. I had to junp start it as it had sit for a couple of months. Andrew drove it a couple of times in the past but never in the last months.

I had every car we owned and was drivable insured in case he wanted to. He had not driven a stick other than The GT/CS and The Shelby. He actually thought the Shelby was easier to drive. It took me a long time to be comfortable with the Dual Disc Setup just seemed clumsy.

I think he his legs were just too weak and he did not want to hurt the car and wreck it. He always considered everything so carefully. I wish he could have driven it on one of his better Days.

As time is starting to pass again it's easy to see things we missed but I must concentrate on what we did and not what didn't do.

My family must start a new chapter and take learned from this experience and put it into practice. Andrew will always be in our hearts & thoughts and I feel very much more accountable for the life I lead from here forward.

I feel a bit of akward silence in this forum and I 'm not sure if I should just stop posting or go on. I will take it one day at a time and one foot in front of the other cause I am a bit lost at the moment.

For now I am rebooting as it were and the best program on the computer is gone. My family will have to learn a way. It won't be easy.

MGB,

KJC 4 TJC, SJC & the Spirit of AJC. The four J's!
Old 1/16/11, 02:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Kevin, I am here for you as a friend, extended family member and I want to help in any way needed to heal your pain and help the Casey Family become closer than ever with Andrew in your hearts. I support you decision and my door is always OPEN.

Quick Reply: Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle