The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Ford Discussions (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f697/)
-   -   Sad news for Ford GT fans (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f697/sad-news-ford-gt-fans-430954/)

05blackV6 2/11/06 09:27 PM

Ford has announced that three models will end production this year: The Linclon LS, Explorer sport trac, and Ford GT. The Last GTs will be built in september.

I'm pretty darn sad. A beautiful peice of modern American muscle gone. This was my second favorite car too. Well, at least I have it's little brother! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]

korinwoodo 2/11/06 09:30 PM

I think its because of some new US law. Canada gets the last 200 something ones built. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/canada.gif[/img]

05blackV6 2/11/06 10:03 PM

Yeah. Ford apprently planned on making only 3-4000 cars. Also yes there is a new law, probably yet another EPA agenda to weaken American cars, and it would be too exspensive to redo the GT for this law.

GottaHaveIt 2/11/06 11:22 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(korinwoodo @ February 11, 2006, 8:33 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I think its because of some new US law. Canada gets the last 200 something ones built. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/canada.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Humm Save the Best for Last , All Good Things come to an end , how many would they really sell opposed to a nice family type sedan ? gotta make it all work really. I can see their point in some cuts.

Zastava_101 2/11/06 11:42 PM

Explorer Sport Trac is still in production. Expolorer Sport Trac Adrenalin concept won't be built.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=44157

mustang_sallad 2/12/06 12:49 AM

its not exactly news for GT fans since we've known this would be the last year of production for quite some time now.

Its sad for sure though. Its awesome to see European automotive journalists doing a comparison of three of the fastest cars in the world and choosing a Ford for one of them. And its too bad Ford isn't gonna have a top of the line car like that anymore, at least for a while. But this was a special car, and it couldn't have been a permanent model in ford's lineup. Its not like a Viper that'll get revisions every couple years. This was pretty much a modern replica of a classic car. It wouldn't have been as special if it wasn't a limited run car.
And it's certainly going down in history as one of the greatest super cars ever.

Karpro 2/12/06 07:17 AM

It's actually great news for the folks that own one. Limited production will help resale over time. If they just kept producing them year after year eventually the market becomes saturated and resale drops (T-bird, PT cruiser, new Beetle). Now obviously these cars don't compare to the GT but you get the idea.

cheech6g 2/13/06 08:33 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Karpro @ February 12, 2006, 9:20 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
It's actually great news for the folks that own one. Limited production will help resale over time. If they just kept producing them year after year eventually the market becomes saturated and resale drops (T-bird, PT cruiser, new Beetle). Now obviously these cars don't compare to the GT but you get the idea.
[/b][/quote]

true but who in there right minds would ever sell one of these. with the exception of the ones who already did sell theirs.....i think people who appreciate them enough to buy them way over sticker price, and over other exotic supercars are willing to keep them as long as they can

05fordgt 2/13/06 12:27 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05blackV6 @ February 12, 2006, 12:06 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yeah. Ford apprently planned on making only 3-4000 cars. Also yes there is a new law, probably yet another EPA agenda to weaken American cars, and it would be too exspensive to redo the GT for this law.
[/b][/quote]

Hey 05blackv6, it isn't the EPA that had to do with the demise of the GT, it was the governments new law on bumper heights. The GT is too low in the front, so it won't pass the new law that goes into effect for the 2007 model year. I believe it has something to do with the height of the bumper compared to where it will hit a pedestrian. I'm sad it's over too, but it will go down in history as one of the best buys in the Supercar segment. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

05blackV6 2/13/06 04:53 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05fordgt @ February 13, 2006, 2:30 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hey 05blackv6, it isn't the EPA that had to do with the demise of the GT, it was the governments new law on bumper heights. The GT is too low in the front, so it won't pass the new law that goes into effect for the 2007 model year. I believe it has something to do with the height of the bumper compared to where it will hit a pedestrian. I'm sad it's over too, but it will go down in history as one of the best buys in the Supercar segment. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Thank you for correcting me on the 05fordgt. I didn't know that. You know I'm right though. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] Either way I agree. It was a unigue car that will be missed.