Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

Nasser want to share PAG with Ford

Search this Thread

Old 8/6/07, 12:39 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nasser want to share PAG with Ford

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/08/06/j...r-schedules-f/

So rather than becoming a full owner like Cerebus of Chrysler, Nasser's One Equity seems to want Ford to retain a large chunk (30-50%) of PAG. This is interesting becuase Ford would probably want to have a big say inproduct developement with that much a stake. which makes me wonder just What Nasser's plan for recouping their investment is. Will they let Ford continue with their current product plans and just sit on their stake in PAG until it becomes profitable enough to flip?
Old 8/6/07, 01:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't want Ford to have ANYTHING to do with Jacques Nasser! That guy is such an A******!!! He's the one who started all this mess with them losing money, not worrying about product, and customer service, and was so interested in E-Commerce and such. Remember the recalls on the Focus its 1st year? YEP, All Nassar's fault. He told them to get the cars out, even though he knew they weren't ready for the lots (still had problems), but he said don't worry, we'll have the customers bring them back later. Not the way to run a company. I hate this man with a passion. If we had Mulally inplace of Nasser when Jacques was there, this company would be making fists full of money.
Old 8/7/07, 10:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
I don't want Ford to have ANYTHING to do with Jacques Nasser! That guy is such an A******!!! He's the one who started all this mess with them losing money, not worrying about product, and customer service, and was so interested in E-Commerce and such. Remember the recalls on the Focus its 1st year? YEP, All Nassar's fault. He told them to get the cars out, even though he knew they weren't ready for the lots (still had problems), but he said don't worry, we'll have the customers bring them back later. Not the way to run a company. I hate this man with a passion. If we had Mulally inplace of Nasser when Jacques was there, this company would be making fists full of money.
I Agree, Mr. Quick fix by stoping hemorages (sp) with a band aid needs to be nowhere near Ford. God.... I worked for a company full of corporate brass like him.... Lets put a little band aid on this big problem cause my numbers will look good - who cares about the long run cause I'm gonna be outa here.
Old 8/11/07, 02:45 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

That bid just got worse, as mister "Lets make Jaguar a volume brand" Scheele has joined Nasser's bid.
http://www.autoblog.com/2007/08/11/b...jag-land-rove/