The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Ford Discussions (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f697/)
-   -   Lincoln Based On New Ford Mustang GT Visualized! (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f697/lincoln-based-new-ford-mustang-gt-visualized-531348/)

Evil_Capri 6/26/14 09:06 AM

Lincoln Based On New Ford Mustang GT Visualized!

1 Attachment(s)
http://autoomobile.com/news/pics-lin...lized/1003037/

Attachment 214793

The Lincoln MK Coupe concept is not an official concept from Lincoln but is illustrated by the people at Hansen Art. The concept features a Lincoln trademark butterfly grille flanked by Lincoln’s headlamps and blends into Mustang’s muscular lines. The car drew here is definitely a beauty and if Lincoln ever considers creating a Mustang based vehicle, they should maybe take a page out of these images.

For a car like this, it is safe to assume that a 3.5liter EcoBoost V6 with 400 hp would be the perfect match. Price wise, it should be set around the range of the BMW M4.
Pipe dream . . .

Ethanjbeau 6/26/14 11:34 AM

And they basically took the mustang and put the Lincoln front end on it. Looks horrific.

laserred38 6/26/14 12:43 PM

I think it looks terrific. Give it more differentiation in the roofline and quarter window, slap an MKIX badge on it and watch them fly off the lots. BMW 335i killer.

cdynaco 6/26/14 12:47 PM

Say no to 'toofy' grills. :shame:

Mustang Freak 6/26/14 02:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And buck toothed arzes!

Attachment 161030

cdynaco 6/26/14 03:02 PM

:rofl2:

DarrenGT 6/26/14 03:06 PM

i think it looks better as a lincoln than it does as a mustang. the current lincolns are FUGLY.

DarrenGT 6/26/14 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri (Post 6820755)

BTW,

ode to Eli Wallach (i see in your avatar). dead at 98! what a good run!

shurtual86 6/26/14 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by DarrenGT (Post 6820954)
i think it looks better as a lincoln than it does as a mustang. the current lincolns are FUGLY.

:agree: I like that rendering

DarrenGT 6/26/14 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by cdynaco (Post 6820857)
Say no to 'toofy' grills. :shame:

i agree, the lincoln grills need to DIE! refresh the design please!

Evil_Capri 6/27/14 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by DarrenGT (Post 6820955)
BTW,

ode to Eli Wallach (i see in your avatar). dead at 98! what a good run!

Indeed! :nice:

Twin Turbo 6/27/14 05:31 AM

That's a good looking car, albeit still a bit too obviously S550 from the doors back.

Lincoln never really made an impact over here (UK) and most people would probably think of Dallas and dead presidents when you mention the name.

The current naming convention confuses the heck out of me, so give this a proper name and ensure it shares no visible (body/interior) parts with S550 and it's the sort of car that could get Lincoln back on the map. Perhaps add a small saloon (and wagon?) and you'll have a car to compete with the Caddy CTS.

I fear it might be too little too late for Lincoln though, by time this ever gets a green light.

Evil_Capri 6/27/14 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo (Post 6821150)
. . . . you'll have a car to compete with the Caddy CTS.

I fear it might be too little too late for Lincoln though, by time this ever gets a green light.

Compete . . . in terms of performance or sales? Because the MKZ is leading in sales . .

2014 YTD US Sales:

MKZ: 15,986
CTS: 13,834
ATS: 12,552

Ethanjbeau 6/27/14 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri (Post 6821154)
Compete . . . in terms of performance or sales? Because the MKZ is leading in sales . .

What kind of rebates are they pushing to get that number? Plus that's comparing the single MKZ to both the CTS and ATS. What're the numbers for the MKS?

Evil_Capri 6/27/14 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Ethanjbeau (Post 6821169)
What kind of rebates are they pushing to get that number? Plus that's comparing the single MKZ to both the CTS and ATS. What're the numbers for the MKS?

Looks like 0% on lincoln.com from a quick search. And not sure on MKS . . .

If the Caddy's were so vaunted, one would think at least one would be able to outsell the MKZ.

Ethanjbeau 6/27/14 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri (Post 6821175)
Looks like 0% on lincoln.com from a quick search. And not sure on MKS . . . If the Caddy's were so vaunted, one would think at least one would be able to outsell the MKZ.

Well what I was getting at was if the MKS is selling, say, 5000 YTD. Then I would say Cadillac as a brand is doing better in this category. As total sales would be higher.

Perhaps people are going for the MKZ due to the refreshed styling (the numbers are inflated because no one wants the old looking MKS) but if both the MKZ and MKS were updated completely they might be selling less than the CTS and ATS in total.

I just can't logically see why anyone would pick the Lincoln's over the Cadillacs at this point in time.

Evil_Capri 6/27/14 01:44 PM

For sure! Caddy sells many more total vehicles than Lincoln. I was just pointing out that the MKZ is doing relatively well compares to the CTS and ATS individually.

mustangfan410 7/4/14 06:48 PM

Looks like they stuck the front end of the MKc on the mustang.

houtex 7/4/14 08:49 PM

The front end is definitely current Lincoln. But there's no way the use the same doors-back shape. They needed to work on this a little more.

Moosetang 7/4/14 10:08 PM

Not a terrible front-end swap, but if Lincoln builds something off the S550 its guaranteed to have 4 doors.