The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Ford Discussions (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f697/)
-   -   Life Goal Achieved (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f697/life-goal-achieved-456583/)

97svtgoin05gt 8/19/07 02:06 PM

Life Goal Achieved

6 Attachment(s)
Yesterday was a beautiful day. I decided it would be cool to do some walking in the park. Drove the Mustang over there of course and did my thing.
Once my walk was completed, I got in the car and proceeded to drive home. As soon as I got on the main road, I passed a BEAUTIFUL Shelby Cobra replica going the other direction. It was dark metallic green with white rallys. I put the big thumbs up out to the guy and he waved to acknowledge me approving his car big. Just then I thought "I've got nothing going on, I'm going to follow this guy". He turned into the park right where I'd been. I parked and got out and talked with this guy for about 15 minutes. I then convinced him to give me a cruise in the car. I've always wanted to be in one of these and have never had the chance before now.

The car itself is a kit and I can't remember the 3 letters of the kit manufacturer, but it looks great. The engine is a blue printed and balanced Ford 428 Cobra Jet. He says it's good for about 600hp or so.

So we go and of course, just the thrill of being in the car had my heart pumping like crazy. When we got out on the main road, he gave me a nice taste of what 600hp feels like in a 2600lb car. OMFG! That was EASILY the fastest car I've ever ridden in. The sound, the air...holy crap is all I can say.

Some pics below.

LIFE GOAL REALIZED!! :nice:

future9er24 8/19/07 02:21 PM

Thats sweet. I love those lil cobras. Could it be Factory Five Racing, or FFR?

From what I've heard those are the best kit around. I love the 428 :drool:

cntchds 8/19/07 02:25 PM

:drool: That's where I'm gettin the coupe kit from when I can aford it. :)

97svtgoin05gt 8/19/07 02:29 PM

FFR might be right. I'm not 100% positive, but it was definitely 3 letters and at least one was an F.

Could be.

n8rfastback 8/19/07 02:48 PM

those things are so sweet. i would love to have one in my garage some day. wow.

Blue Notch 8/19/07 03:04 PM

That's awesome! :drool:

hi5.0 8/19/07 04:11 PM

Ahh, If only there was enough time and "play" money for one of those... Glad you enjoyed yourself, sounded like you had a blast.

05fordgt 8/19/07 06:17 PM

That is one SWEET looking Cobra!! Love the color choice. The only other 3 letter kit manufacturer I can think of would be ERA! They make one of the best looking kits out there. I have a friend who has a drop-dead gorgeous ERA kit modeled after a race car, with all sponsers and rookie stripe! You have to look real close to see its a kit, its that close!! Awesome that the fellow took you for a ride!! :nice:

Knight 8/21/07 08:06 AM

Wow that car is awesome, The dark ivy green metalic paint looks awesome.

1999Pony 9/29/07 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by cntchds (Post 987838)
:drool: That's where I'm gettin the coupe kit from when I can aford it. :)

Me too. I want one so bad and have for a long time.:hail: