Notices
Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

Ford to stop making cars!

Old 7/20/18, 01:38 PM
Cobra Member

Received 295 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
The tariffs won't go away "if the other country drops theirs".
I'm finding myself somewhat conflicted here cuz I find myself agreeing with just about everything the Gravy chick is saying, and I keep wondering why Trump's suporters won't take their blinders off and see what's really happening.
The "tax cut" is only gonna end up costing you next year when you pay more taxes on the extra money you made all year.
He's selling out the country to Putin and he's making money hand over fist on all the deals his companies are striking with other countries and companies.
He STILL hasn't showed his taxes, he's "donating" his salary but that's only a move to show his supporters what a nice guy he is, meanwhile he's making so much more money on the "back end" that his salary is a drop in the bucket compared to that.
And no, he's not a great business man.
He's been bankrupt several times. That doesn't make a great business man.
This is why you don't have a businessman as a politician.

Trump
won't release his taxes;
remember his son said 'We get all the money we need from Russia'

The Russians have something on Trump; donations or hacking or this 'pee video'

Trump loves dictators;
& now the Russians are getting the NRA involved, the so-called American patriots who hate the American government & Russians

it's going to be the National Russia Association lol

this is b a d **** man
Old 7/22/18, 11:22 PM
GTR Member

Received 243 Likes on 232 Posts
Well, there's a difference between a good businessman and one who's been bankrupt, not just once, but twice and Trump has already been sued by former students of his Trump University after defrauding them of $25 million dollars in which a judge also upheld the lawsuit against Trump U.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/10/polit...rnd/index.html

Obviously, you weren't even born when the last businessman who ran for president in 1992 was H. Ross Perot. Had Perot won enough electoral college votes instead of Bill Clinton? Perot would've won the presidential election and IMHO would've done an awesome job as president and the right man for bringing economic growth back to America. Anyhow, just some food for thought from an old person who's been around the block that continues to be both involved and informed
Old 7/23/18, 03:47 AM
Mustang Fanatic

Received 394 Likes on 357 Posts
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Well, there's a difference between a good businessman and one who's been bankrupt, not just once, but twice and Trump has already been sued by former students of his Trump University after defrauding them of $25 million dollars in which a judge also upheld the lawsuit against Trump U.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/10/polit...rnd/index.html

Obviously, you weren't even born when the last businessman who ran for president in 1992 was H. Ross Perot. Had Perot won enough electoral college votes instead of Bill Clinton? Perot would've won the presidential election and IMHO would've done an awesome job as president and the right man for bringing economic growth back to America. Anyhow, just some food for thought from an old person who's been around the block that continues to be both involved and informed
I voted for him as well. I thought he was the right person at the time. I don't think Trump is in the same league as Perot was.
Old 7/23/18, 12:24 PM
Cobra Member

Never heard of him.
Old 7/23/18, 12:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 288 Likes on 259 Posts
H. Ross Perot had some good ideas, and seemed honest enough to tell you some of his solutions would hurt, at least in the short term. I think he actually got 18% of the popular vote. However, being conservative, his candidacy essentially siphoned those votes away from George H W Bush and handed Bill Clinton the election.
Old 7/23/18, 01:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gravydog316 View Post
Making products in America instead of, say China, will raise the prices, because Americans won't work for $1/hour, or whatever foreigners are paid now;
When the rent is $1500-2000/mo., how can anyone afford to work cheap? Let the Chinese pay $2,000/mo for their rent and lets see how cheap their wages can be. We easily have over $5,000+ per month in bills to survive in the US. I don't know how people can afford living on less. Car payments, high car insurance, cell phone bills, internet, food, astronomical health insurance, gas, car maintenance, home maintenance, credit cards... lots of bills everyone has, but it seems that the Chinese appear not to have these bills if they can afford to work for $1/hr. Do they have free housing? Do they not own cell phones? Do they not pay car insurance? No credit cards, internet, maintenance, etc? How are these people able to work for next to nothing? If we are forced to do that here, you will hear everybody complaining like crazy. Why do these Chinese not complain the way we do?
Old 7/23/18, 02:34 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2015GT350
When the rent is $1500-2000/mo., how can anyone afford to work cheap? Let the Chinese pay $2,000/mo for their rent and lets see how cheap their wages can be. We easily have over $5,000+ per month in bills to survive in the US. I don't know how people can afford living on less. Car payments, high car insurance, cell phone bills, internet, food, astronomical health insurance, gas, car maintenance, home maintenance, credit cards... lots of bills everyone has, but it seems that the Chinese appear not to have these bills if they can afford to work for $1/hr. Do they have free housing? Do they not own cell phones? Do they not pay car insurance? No credit cards, internet, maintenance, etc? How are these people able to work for next to nothing? If we are forced to do that here, you will hear everybody complaining like crazy. Why do these Chinese not complain the way we do?
well, i'm an intern, so i don't get paid & most of my & my sisters (& moms) purchases go on my dads credit card lol

butt seriously,
US companies moved to Mexico & China because they couldn't afford to stay open in America;
if the minimum wage goes up, businesses just cut the employees hours & hire 2 part timers instead of 1 full time to save benefits & make more profit for their executives who are STUPIDLY overpaid;
these CEO's get fired & get millions in severance
it's stupid

...you can always move to Mexico or Russia, or North Korea, or Iran...

but you won't Make America Great by moving Chinese factories to America & paying workers $10 or $15/hour when they are getting $1/hour now...
'cause (guess what?) the prices of EVERYTHING are going to go up, health care (which should be 'free' in America like Canada), employee insurance, less land for farming, food prices will go up, ('cause you'll be getting food from
China instead of America... & on & on...)

If Trump really wants to help America,
put a salary cap on CEO & politicians & sports stars
instead of selling park land for drilling etc...

his daughter made $200 million last year
(doing very little i'm sure)

i doubt the family will be using that to buy kids in Alabama new school books
or building a hospital near you...

Last edited by Gravydog316; 7/23/18 at 02:53 PM.
Old 7/23/18, 02:51 PM

US companies moved to Mexico & China because they couldn't afford to stay open in America;
I should move to Mexico so I don't have to keep paying $2,000/mo for rent.
Old 7/23/18, 02:58 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2015GT350
I should move to Mexico so I don't have to keep paying $2,000/mo for rent.
lol i would.
renting is a ripoff anyways
Old 7/23/18, 04:05 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

They moved to Mexico and Canada (mostly Mexico) for cheap labor to inflate their profit margins and make stockholders happy.
Old 7/23/18, 05:49 PM
Mustang Fanatic

Received 394 Likes on 357 Posts
IMHO It's ALL about the stockholders and always has been! They are truly the ones holding America hostage. They demand more and more which causes companies to pursue every penny pinching process they can think of.
Old 7/23/18, 06:51 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by SpectreH
They moved to Mexico and Canada (mostly Mexico) for cheap labor to inflate their profit margins and make stockholders happy.
And Trump wants companies to move to America
& (guess what?) their costs will go up
& their prices, then wages, insurance...
Old 7/23/18, 06:55 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
IMHO It's ALL about the stockholders and always has been! They are truly the ones holding America hostage. They demand more and more which causes companies to pursue every penny pinching process they can think of.
Well Trump can always do something about it...
oh, no, he won't do 1 thing about it...
Old 7/23/18, 08:30 PM
GTR Member

Received 243 Likes on 232 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak View Post
I voted for him as well. I thought he was the right person at the time. I don't think Trump is in the same league as Perot was.
I also voted for Perot as well. IMO he was definitely the right person at the time. He was straightforward, honest and forwarned what was going to take place in regards to competing in a global economy, and he was right on the money, but at the time, he just wasn't taken quite seriously enough by folks to win the presidential election in "92"

Originally Posted by SpectreH View Post
H. Ross Perot had some good ideas, and seemed honest enough to tell you some of his solutions would hurt, at least in the short term. I think he actually got 18% of the popular vote. However, being conservative, his candidacy essentially siphoned those votes away from George H W Bush and handed Bill Clinton the election.
You're absolutely 100% spot on and have a very excellent memory lol. Had Perot not run for the presidency back in "92" George H.W Bush would've been re-elected to a second term as president.

And Trump wants companies to move to America
& (guess what?) their costs will go up
& their prices, then wages, insurance...
Actually, Trump wants those companies that moved from the U.S to China and Mexico to be brought back to the U.S. As those companies that moved overseas from the U.S were American companies.

For example, my wife worked for JC Penny's credit regional division for over 25 years. Needless to say, after 25 years, my wife and her co-workers all lost their jobs thanks to NAFTA by outsourcing the credit regional dept to India because they could make more profit by paying far fewer wages to foreign workers than American employees and also don't have to offer the same type of healthcare as well either. Perhaps you just may be an intern at the present, however, one day you're gonna be finding yourself in the same situation if something isn't done about the NAFTA to level the playing field so that it's fair for everyone, including yourself.

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 7/23/18 at 08:32 PM.
Old 7/24/18, 07:25 AM

So why don't they just get rid of the stock holders and make them private companies and then we wouldn't have to worry about making all these people happy? It's like they said above, the stock holders are holding the nation hostage and it's destroying our economy and making inflation go through the roof. We need to eliminate all of these extra expenses that are adding to the costs of the products that we buy.
Old 7/25/18, 06:21 AM
Post *****

Received 157 Likes on 142 Posts
So Ford stopped selling cars for political reasons? Or because of supply and demand?
Old 7/25/18, 06:54 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
So Ford stopped selling cars for political reasons? Or because of supply and demand?
I'd say supply and demand for their cars. Other car makers seem to sell cars, but Ford hasn't really updated their car lineup so demand is down. Instead of investing in new designs or updates, they are hanging their hat of what is still selling for them. Makes good short term sense, but could bite them in the *** during the next spike is gasoline prices.
Old 7/25/18, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
From what I read, there's too little profit in cars. Plus the fact that demand for SUV's and trucks is going up. I have a friend who works at a Ford dealer. I was in his office the other day and they have sheets showing all of the vehicles sold for that day. While he was on the phone, I was flipping through the papers for the past week of all of the vehicles sold. On his paperwork, he has one column showing "Cars" and another column showing "Trucks/SUV's". While they will sell 0 to 2 cars per day, the SUV truck columns show like 10 to 12 per day. You can definitely see that demand for cars has gone way down. The inventory sits on the lot MUCH longer and then Ford has to put huge rebates to move the cars. So I can understand why they want to discontinue the slow moving cars. How much could they possibly make on a Ford Fiesta? The dealer barely makes any money. Plus the fact that nobody wants them because they are so small. I asked him, "Who buys these Fiestas?!" He said, "Normally credit challenged people that can't afford other vehicles." The Fiestas are usually a last resort car. I said, "Customers never come in here looking to buy a Fiesta?" He said, "Not normally. We have to put some people into these cars because that's all the bank will approve them for." I think the Fiestas are nice cars and all, just too small for me. Plus they have the best working A/C of any of the Fords I've driven. But for some people who walk into a Ford dealer, it's either drive a Fiesta or walk. Soon those same people are going to have to save up bigger money down for something like an Ecosport. The Ecosport gas decent gas mileage for an SUV and is WAY more comfortable for 4 people.

Overall, I think this is a good decision by Ford. Hopefully they will introduce hybrid versions on all of their SUV's since they are removing fuel efficient cars from their inventory.
Old 7/25/18, 01:16 PM
Fatboy Loves Fried!
TMS Staff

Received 139 Likes on 119 Posts
Next person no matter what gender, party, or persuasion that posts political crap anywhere except the political forum will be banned

I'm sick of it. It's ruining this site. Imagine if it were religious discussion on a mustang site. People hate that crap just as much. We come here to deal with mustangs and maybe a few light hearted comments but the political **** stops now. It's off putting and I'm done with it. Pro Trump, anti Trump, pro Hillary whatever it's over...
The following 5 users liked this post by 2k7gtcs:
David Young (7/26/18), Gabe (7/26/18), Glenn (7/26/18), m05fastbackGT (7/26/18), Popadopolis (7/26/18)
Old 7/26/18, 01:39 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
Has demand for cars gone dow or has demand for American cars gone down?

I see plenty of big vehicles on the road, I also see plenty of smaller vehicles as well. Often times mostly foreign. Honda doesn't seem to have any problem selling them.

Just sayin'.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ford to stop making cars!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.