Old 4/25/18, 09:18 PM   #1  
Cobra Member

Ford to stop making cars!

holy ****!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford to stop making cars!-photo4294966876.jpg  
Gravydog316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join The Mustang Source

Join TheMustangSource.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford Mustang fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford Mustang Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your stang, and have a great time with other Ford Mustang fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your Mustang you'll find that TheMustangSource.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join TheMustangSource.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE

Old 4/25/18, 11:59 PM   #2  
I tweaked the button...
...and got lucky!

Yep. Doesn't make sense to keep making what ain't selling. Everyone wants crossovers, trucks, SUVs and Mustangs, so you make those.

It's ALL YOUR COLLECTIVE FAULTS for not buying enough Taurii and Crown Vics when you instead bought a F250 dually. Way to go.
houtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4/26/18, 04:36 AM   #3  
FR500 Member

Sad to read about this Oh wait........I have a Mustang, a Ford Edge and an F150
David Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4/26/18, 06:57 AM   #4  
GT Member

I think they should keep the Fusion. Not everyone needs an SUV.
ZGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4/26/18, 03:48 PM   #5  
GTR Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtex
It's ALL YOUR COLLECTIVE FAULTS for not buying enough Taurii and Crown Vics when you instead bought a F250 dually. Way to go.
Mustang Freak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4/26/18, 06:09 PM   #6  
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

A Crossover Is a Car

It sure ain't a truck. No rugged full frame.
People loved tall cars in the 1940s, why not now.
1946 Ford
Ford to stop making cars!-dscf0185.jpg
The back looks like most Crossovers
Ford to stop making cars!-dscf0123.jpg
karman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4/26/18, 06:50 PM   #7  
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtex View Post
Yep. Doesn't make sense to keep making what ain't selling. Everyone wants crossovers, trucks, SUVs and Mustangs, so you make those.

Speak for yourself. When my Ford 500 was totaled out six months ago I bought a new Fusion as a daily driver.
EF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4/26/18, 08:28 PM   #8  
I tweaked the button...
...and got lucky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF1 View Post
Speak for yourself. When my Ford 500 was totaled out six months ago I bought a new Fusion as a daily driver.
I can't speak for myself, I only have the Mustang, no trucks here, so I'm doin' my part!

/it was to laugh, ha ha...
Old 4/27/18, 05:00 AM   #9  
Cobra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karman
It sure ain't a truck. No rugged full frame.
People loved tall cars in the 1940s, why not now.
1946 Ford
Attachment 211662
The back looks like most Crossovers
Attachment 211663
Lol i can almost stand up in my dads '49er
(& its because men & women stopped wearing hats after JFK didn't, so, they didn't need hat room,
& low & wider is supposed to be 'faster'
Old 4/27/18, 05:02 AM   #10  
Cobra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtex

You're old.
You should totally buy an old '97 Crown Vic taxi cab.

(& actually, the car lots are full of trucks & SUVs cause of the high fuel prices)
(& new vehicles that aren't selling!
(what the heck do they do with all those new vehicles that they don't sell?!
they can stop making new vehicles every other year)

Last edited by Gravydog316; 4/27/18 at 05:06 AM.
Old 4/28/18, 12:52 PM   #11  
I tweaked the button...
...and got lucky!

To answer the questions posed at the bottom there, Gravy:

The plants can't stop working except in brief periods. They can slow down, they can have changeovers, but the plants, like the Spice in Dune, must flow.

It's not just about the cars being made. It's the parts for the cars being made. The bumpers that aren't made at the plant, the compressors for a/c, the brakes, the seat covers, this that and the other, etc, ad nauseum... and airbags and inflators, remember... all these things come from somewhere else. So if the plant doesn't make cars, the places that make brakes and seat covers and paint and airbags and all the other things(tm) don't get to make their stuff. And that translates on and on and on down the line, then you're out of a job too.

So... if you make stuff that doesn't sell, you stop making those. You make stuff that DOES sell, and you just keep on rolling, as does all the other places that makes stuff for your stuff.

This is pretty much why it was a 'too big to fail' thing for GM, Chrysler and Ford back when, although Ford was pretty good to say "y'know... we'll survive without you, Giverment, thanks."

I will always hold Ford in a higher esteem because of this. (do a thing that causes a fastener of wood to tighten) GM and Chrysler for not being big boys and taking that giverment money and never paying it back in full. Well, I think GM didn't, but it's a stock thing, I'm not all that saavy, but they still shouldn't have taken it. But that's me, the not-an-economist, and it's probably a better thing overall to have had it done, but I still think it quite odious in a way...

Gonna stop now, 'cause honestly... this thread's about the upcoming new NASCAR Explorer from Ford. That'll look pretty cool runnin' around them tracks turnin' left for a livin'.

Last edited by houtex; 4/28/18 at 12:56 PM.
Old 4/28/18, 06:30 PM   #12  
GTR Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtex View Post
To answer the questions posed at the bottom there, Gravy:

The plants can't stop working except in brief periods. They can slow down, they can have changeovers, but the plants, like the Spice in Dune, must flow.

It's not just about the cars being made. It's the parts for the cars being made. The bumpers that aren't made at the plant, the compressors for a/c, the brakes, the seat covers, this that and the other, etc, ad nauseum... and airbags and inflators, remember... all these things come from somewhere else. So if the plant doesn't make cars, the places that make brakes and seat covers and paint and airbags and all the other things(tm) don't get to make their stuff. And that translates on and on and on down the line, then you're out of a job too.

So... if you make stuff that doesn't sell, you stop making those. You make stuff that DOES sell, and you just keep on rolling, as does all the other places that makes stuff for your stuff.

This is pretty much why it was a 'too big to fail' thing for GM, Chrysler and Ford back when, although Ford was pretty good to say "y'know... we'll survive without you, Giverment, thanks."

I will always hold Ford in a higher esteem because of this. (do a thing that causes a fastener of wood to tighten) GM and Chrysler for not being big boys and taking that giverment money and never paying it back in full. Well, I think GM didn't, but it's a stock thing, I'm not all that saavy, but they still shouldn't have taken it. But that's me, the not-an-economist, and it's probably a better thing overall to have had it done, but I still think it quite odious in a way...

Gonna stop now, 'cause honestly... this thread's about the upcoming new NASCAR Explorer from Ford. That'll look pretty cool runnin' around them tracks turnin' left for a livin'.
I thought it would be NASCAR Focus electric.
GrnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6/29/18, 01:58 PM   #13  

I think Houtex nailed it.

I have a friend who works at a Ford dealer. I asked him about why they are going to stop. He showed me copies of some of the daily sell sheets from the dealer. You can clearly see on one column that shows all of the stock #'s sold for the cars and then another column where it's all SUV's and pickups. Many sheets I saw showed 0 cars sold while the majority of the people all came in to buy an SUV or pickup. Amazing. The world complains about saving money and wanting better gas mileage, yet nobody wants a Focus. Everybody would rather drive Explorers or F-150 Lariats or Platinums. Since when did everybody get rich except me?!?! Oh wait... I'm driving a GT350. I forgot.
2015GT350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6/29/18, 03:00 PM   #14  
Cobra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2015GT350
I think Houtex nailed it.

I have a friend who works at a Ford dealer. I asked him about why they are going to stop. He showed me copies of some of the daily sell sheets from the dealer. You can clearly see on one column that shows all of the stock #'s sold for the cars and then another column where it's all SUV's and pickups. Many sheets I saw showed 0 cars sold while the majority of the people all came in to buy an SUV or pickup. Amazing. The world complains about saving money and wanting better gas mileage, yet nobody wants a Focus. Everybody would rather drive Explorers or F-150 Lariats or Platinums. Since when did everybody get rich except me?!?! Oh wait... I'm driving a GT350. I forgot.
Get with the times!!
Gimme your car & buy a new diesel truck
Old 7/1/18, 08:51 AM   #15  
Cobra Member

I have no problem with Ford's thought process, build what is selling.

1 Alibi 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/2/18, 11:33 AM   #16  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydog316 View Post
Get with the times!!
Gimme your car & buy a new diesel truck
No thanks. I like going sideways when I bark 2nd at 6,000 RPM.
2015GT350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/2/18, 12:15 PM   #17  
Shelby GT350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2 View Post
I have no problem with Ford's thought process, build what is selling.

Except that when gas prices spike (and they will someday), Ford won't have anything to sell. Ask GM how well that worked out when they primarily sold Hummers and Suburbans. People will buy smaller cars if you build one they like. American car companies don't seem to grasp that thought.

Last edited by SpectreH; 7/2/18 at 12:17 PM.
SpectreH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7/2/18, 12:55 PM   #18  
I tweaked the button...
...and got lucky!

Actually... all the things they're making right now and in the future are going to have turbo 4 cylinder options as well as hybrid options... if not outright plugins... and if Toyota/Honda have their way, even hydrogen fuel cell... so it won't matter all that much what they're making today, as it will if they're positioned to make it work tomorrow.

Hence... Ecoboost Mustang, and soon(tm) Hybrid Mustang.

So then they put those powertrains/engines in SUVs and trucks because people will buy 'em and they'll likely just... work. Except serious work trucks, not enough people car about how it works... just that it does work for them.

"Does it work? Will it do what I need? And does it have ALL THE THINGS? Ok, sold." - Average consumer.

/I am sorta excited about the Hybrid Mustang, but if you ask me, I'd rather it be full electric motors and the engine is just the generator. That would stomp rather well.

Last edited by houtex; 7/2/18 at 12:58 PM.
Old 7/2/18, 12:57 PM   #19  
Cobra R Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreH View Post
Except that when gas prices spike (and they will someday), Ford won't have anything to sell. Ask GM how well that worked out when they primarily sold Hummers and Suburbans. People will buy smaller cars if you build one they like. American car companies don't seem to grasp that thought.
They probably just can't (or won't) compete with the foreign markets.

I don't really think it's all because of the union or anything, either...I think the Big 3 are stuck in an old mindset and are just unable to properly design and build smaller cars. It's something they've never consistently been good at, and they don't seem to care to change that mentality.
Joeywhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7/3/18, 03:34 AM   #20  
Cobra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeywhat
They probably just can't (or won't) compete with the foreign markets.

I don't really think it's all because of the union or anything, either...I think the Big 3 are stuck in an old mindset and are just unable to properly design and build smaller cars. It's something they've never consistently been good at, and they don't seem to care to change that mentality.
GM/ Chevy haven't have a 2-door car for the average person in like 10 years??
there's the little sh!tty Spark & the Camaro & Corvette
& Cadillac had their 2-door