The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Ford Discussions (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f697/)
-   -   First Edge Prototype rolls off the line . . (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f697/first-edge-prototype-rolls-off-line-437943/)

Evil_Capri 7/25/06 06:55 AM

First Edge Prototype rolls off the line . .

From . . blueovalnews.com

The first 2007 Ford Edge 1PP prototype rolling off the Oakville, Canada line.
http://www.warnerrobert.com/temp.edgefull.jpg

05fordgt 7/25/06 10:59 AM

That is one sharp looking vehicle. This is going to be a BIG hit for Ford. I can't wait to drive one and get to check one out. Ford should be holding training sessions for us salespeople in late August, early September. Once that happens, I'll bring back pics, and driving impressions. :nice:

Zastava_101 7/25/06 11:12 AM

Nice.

Lalo 7/25/06 12:13 PM

That is Very nice! I like it a lot... this is the best pic I have seen of it, and its the also the most natural

Moosetang 7/25/06 12:24 PM

I like that screaming orange from the showcar better, but it's still one sharp auto. Go fourth, young Ford, and become the savior you're meant to be.

TomServo92 7/25/06 12:51 PM

I plan on buying my fiancee a new car after she becomes my wife. Her short list includes the Mazda CX-7, Nissan Murano, and Honda Pilot (subject to change at any minute). I guess I need to talk her into waiting until we can test drive an Edge (although the CX-7 is very sweet!).

lilbossman 7/25/06 01:54 PM

i personaly think its a ford exquonox(sp?)

AnotherMustangMan 7/25/06 02:01 PM

Not many will agree with you there.

TomServo92 7/25/06 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by AnotherMustangMan
Not many will agree with you there.

+1 here

burningman 7/25/06 03:24 PM

I like it..it's pretty slick

05fordgt 7/25/06 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by TomServo92
+1 here

Me too. This vehicle will be SO FAR AWAY from a Chevy Equinox, it will be like night and day.

Knight 7/25/06 09:19 PM

Very hot! my wife is going to want one...heck..even i might want one.

jcopin 7/25/06 10:14 PM

I plan on buying my fiancee a new car after she becomes my wife. Her short list includes the Mazda CX-7, Nissan Murano, and Honda Pilot (subject to change at any minute). I guess I need to talk her into waiting until we can test drive an Edge (although the CX-7 is very sweet!).

yea talk her into not being GAY

lol

future9er24 7/25/06 10:49 PM

looks good to me. cant wait till i can see one in public

bigred0383 7/26/06 02:38 AM

Why is it taking so long for this car to come out? I remember seeing a "production ready" version at the Chicago Auto Show months ago. Ford needs this vehicle pretty bad, shouldn't they be fast-tracking it? I understand that it needs to be properly tested, but what have they been doing since it was annouched half a year ago?

05fordgt 7/26/06 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by bigred0383
Why is it taking so long for this car to come out? I remember seeing a "production ready" version at the Chicago Auto Show months ago. Ford needs this vehicle pretty bad, shouldn't they be fast-tracking it? I understand that it needs to be properly tested, but what have they been doing since it was annouched half a year ago?

Bigred, the Edge has a brand new motor, and the car itself is brand new. I personally am fine with them taking the time to make sure the launch goes smoothly, without any problems. Remember the Focus in 1999? Jacques Nasser said to get the car out, with all the problems it had and all. He said make the people bring the cars back. Wrong decision. Had the Focus been handled properly, most of the issues the 1st year woudn't have happened. Needless to say Nassar isn't here anymore )thank goodness). Believe me, I want this thing out tomorrow. I sell Ford's and people are starting to ask about it. We need this car in the showrooms today, but when something is rushed, problems can arise. :nice:

SyNRG 7/26/06 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Bigred, the Edge has a brand new motor, and the car itself is brand new. I personally am fine with them taking the time to make sure the launch goes smoothly, without any problems. Remember the Focus in 1999? Jacques Nasser said to get the car out, with all the problems it had and all. He said make the people bring the cars back. Wrong decision. Had the Focus been handled properly, most of the issues the 1st year woudn't have happened. Needless to say Nassar isn't here anymore )thank goodness). Believe me, I want this thing out tomorrow. I sell Ford's and people are starting to ask about it. We need this car in the showrooms today, but when something is rushed, problems can arise. :nice:

very well put! :nice:

i cant wait to see this and the MKX, hot vehicles fo sho!

NIXTANG 7/26/06 01:10 PM

I work at OAP where the Edge and the MKX are being built and I gotta tell ya, these things are REALLY nice. If Ford gets it right(which I really hope they do) this things gonna sell like hotcakes. One big selling point I think people are gonna like is the optional glass roof(s) you can get. It looks beautiful. There is a bunch of them driving around Oakville. Test mules or prototypes, whatever you wanna call em

MusicMan66 7/26/06 01:23 PM

(although the CX-7 is very sweet!).

The CX-7 and Edge are sister vehicles, so the ride and interiors will probably be very similar.

TomServo92 7/26/06 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by jcopin
yea talk her into not being GAY

lol

I can definitely confirm that she ain't gay! :-D

I assume you meant the Pilot and Murano are "gay". I hope you weren't talking about the CX-7 because I think it's a darn sexy vehicle (for an SUV).