Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

F-150 'Raptor' Mule Spotted Again.

Search this Thread

Old 6/19/08, 09:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
F-150 'Raptor' Mule Spotted Again.

Fords F150 'Raptor' mules have, not surprisingly, been moved over to the new bodystyle.

http://www.leftlanenews.com
Old 6/19/08, 09:35 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Should be a nice truck. I just wouldn't be able to afford filling it up twice a week.
Old 6/20/08, 01:39 AM
Closet American

Just who the hell is gonna be in the market today for a thirsty, behemoth gas pig?!?!

Holdover from the bovine executive days of yore, I guess.
Old 6/20/08, 04:43 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
Just who the hell is gonna be in the market today for a thirsty, behemoth gas pig?!?!

There are still some performance minded individuals out here in the world . . . .
Old 6/20/08, 07:58 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
There are still some performance minded individuals out here in the world . . . .
Exactly, and with this vehicles limited production nature Ford will have no problem selling every unit.
Old 6/20/08, 08:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not a bovine executive but, I would have one if I could afford a second vehicle.
Old 6/20/08, 11:52 PM
Closet American

Performance minded pickup truck drivers in the middle of an oil crisis? Enough of them to warrant Ford pouring valuable resources into such a niche market at such an economically tough time?

You're gonna have a hard time convincing most people of the financial sensibility of that.
Old 6/21/08, 04:44 AM
Post *****

Performance minded pickup truck drivers in the middle of an oil crisis? Enough of them to warrant Ford pouring valuable resources into such a niche market at such an economically tough time?
Yes

Do you know the cost of the project? Do you know the results of any market research and analysis FMC performed on not only the sales of the Raptor but aftermarket parts?

You're gonna have a hard time convincing most people of the financial sensibility of that.
Not those who plan to purchase . . . .
Old 6/21/08, 09:20 AM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
is it just me or does that grill design look very Chevy like?
Old 6/21/08, 09:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gonna have a harder time approving thier credit, this is basicly to bring attention to ford, saying "hey, we can build somthing sweet, look what you can do with just an f150"
Old 6/21/08, 08:26 PM
Closet American

Yes

Do you know the cost of the project? Do you know the results of any market research and analysis FMC performed on not only the sales of the Raptor but aftermarket parts?
Yeah, and I'd like to see the market research and analysis the geniuses performed when they decided to introduce the Lincoln Mark LT pickup truck.

I think we have enough empirical data from the past decade to aptly demonstrate that Ford's supposed market research and analysis was fundamentally flawed on several occasions, as demonstrated by their over reliance on truck and SUV sales. Had Mulally not come along when he did, the old guard fully intended to march right over the cliff using that strategy >>

[Mulally] nixed Ford’s plan to focus almost exclusively on trucks for the U.S. market, an approach that brought the company to the brink of disaster after gas prices soared three years ago.

Not those who plan to purchase . . . .
It seems like it's the right product at the wrong time. It'll be interesting to see if this thing meets sales projections.
Old 6/22/08, 07:16 AM
Post *****

Yeah, and I'd like to see the market research and analysis the geniuses performed when they decided to introduce the Lincoln Mark LT pickup truck.

I think we have enough empirical data from the past decade to aptly demonstrate that Ford's supposed market research and analysis was fundamentally flawed on several occasions, as demonstrated by their over reliance on truck and SUV sales. Had Mulally not come along when he did, the old guard fully intended to march right over the cliff using that strategy >>

[Mulally] nixed Ford’s plan to focus almost exclusively on trucks for the U.S. market, an approach that brought the company to the brink of disaster after gas prices soared three years ago.

It seems like it's the right product at the wrong time. It'll be interesting to see if this thing meets sales projections.
Mark LT not even in same sentence as Raptor in terms of potential buyers. FMC is providing a truck that relates to its success in CORR, BAJA, and Stadium Truck racing. I wonder if FMC will even provide potential sales projections.

I concur with being thankful for Mulally because FMC would most likely be, as you mentioned above, marching over the cliff right about now.
Old 6/22/08, 09:12 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Are you familiar with Dodge Lil Red Express? It came out back in the late 1970s in the middle of an oil crisis and was a huge success.

Old 6/23/08, 01:17 AM
Closet American

Originally Posted by Red Star
Are you familiar with Dodge Lil Red Express? It came out back in the late 1970s in the middle of an oil crisis and was a huge success.

By the LATE '70s the oil crisis was already beginning to pass - as evidenced by the preponderance of the humungous cars of the day.
Old 6/23/08, 01:30 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

So why was everyone, at that same time, downsizing their vehicles then? GM did it in '77 and Ford did it in '79.

Dodge produced Lil Red Express in '78 and '79.
Old 6/23/08, 07:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Ram it up Toyota's *** Ford!
Old 6/23/08, 04:21 PM
Closet American

So why was everyone, at that same time, downsizing their vehicles then? GM did it in '77 and Ford did it in '79.
You mean like the below "downsized" vehicles >>

1977 Ford LTD

1978 Chrysler Cordoba

1979 Buick LeSabre

Real downsizing didn't truly take off until 1980+. But even at that point, American 'mid-sized' cars were still larger than European full sized models.
Old 6/24/08, 01:24 AM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Like I said, downsizing at Ford didn't take place until 1979. So why is there a picture of '77 LTD?

And that LeSabre from your picture was a lot smaller than previous model (15 inches shorter and 800 lbs lighter).

Last edited by Zastava_101; 6/24/08 at 01:25 AM.
Old 6/24/08, 10:30 AM
Closet American

Like I said, downsizing at Ford didn't take place until 1979. So why is there a picture of '77 LTD?

And that LeSabre from your picture was a lot smaller than previous model (15 inches shorter and 800 lbs lighter).

Re-read your post. Then re-read mine.
Old 6/24/08, 10:41 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I think that the raptor is a pretty sweet truck. Everything a sport pickup should be.

Quick Reply: F-150 'Raptor' Mule Spotted Again.