Boss Snake

Search this Thread

Old 9/9/09, 09:51 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Cool Boss Snake

This is gorgeous

http://www.grundy.com/news/articles/...9-11-57-44.asp

Goodguys is proud to announce the 2010 Grand Prize Giveaway Car --the 1970 BOSS Snake. Boss Snake is a 429 Ford powered super muscle car designed by Kaucher Kustoms being built and assembled by Max-G Systems of Fogelsville, Pennsylvania. Max-G Systems is bringing new and innovative products and designs to the automotive aftermarket suspension industry led by their new Max-G Bolt-In Chromoly 4130N Aircraft Alloy chassis system. The BOSS Snake is a concept based on the ultra rare QuarterHorse Mustang of which there were only two prototypes ever built.
The car's finish will be PPG/Goodguys yellow. It will feature a complete Max-G suspension system powered by a Jon Kasse-built 429 Ford hemi motor, custom one-off Intro Wheels and many other unique muscle car performance parts and accessories.
Conceived as a possible replacement for both the Boss 429 and Shelby Mustangs, the so-called QuarterHorse Mustangs were built from actual Boss 429 Mustangs by the Kar Kraft company in Brighton, Michigan. Also referred to as the "Composite" Mustang, it contained several different parts and pieces than the original BOSS 429 Mustangs. The body was standard 1970 Boss 429, the front clip was Shelby Mustang, less the hood scoops, and the dash was Cougar. The first Quarterhorse, KK 2061, was painted Grabber Blue and was initially fitted with a Boss 429 engine. It was soon replaced with a 429 SCJ and sent to Hollywood to star with Burt Reynolds in a short-lived TV series called "Dan August". The second Quarterhorse was Candy apple Red and was fitted with a 429 SCJ engine. Amazingly, both Quarterhorses survived the crusher and are in the hands of collectors.
Max-G will be at this year's Great American Nationals (Sept 25-27 at Pocono Raceway) to display the chassis and give fans an up close look at the vehicle's chassis and suspension system. Look for the BOSS Snake to debut as a finished car in Scottsdale.
Project sponsors include: Vintage Air, Classic Instrument, Painless Performance, BFGoodrich, Flaming River, Ricks Hot Rods, Dynacorn, Baer Brakes, Tremec, Optima Batteries, Herculiner, PEAK, Grundy Insurance, Flowmaster Exhaust, Comp Cams, Performance Rod & Custom.

And not a million miles away from Doug "Burningman's" rendering of Jackhammer

Old 9/9/09, 10:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jackhammer makes my pants tight.
Not so much with the Boss Snake...
Old 9/9/09, 11:15 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
WOw how did i miss that jackhammer one from DOug!?! Thats awesome!
Old 9/9/09, 06:14 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
That Name Boss snake is a bit of a mouth full but i like the car..it will never look that cool in real life (concept car render syndrome) That's the reason I try to do mine as realistic as possible so there is no let down whenthe actual car is built.

But i do like it I really like the taillight panel treatment.not very mustang but good looking and I applaud them for breaking the mold a bit.

And thank you for the post of the JackHammer. I appreciate the kind words guys. The Jackhammer thread dide with the old site so it's cool to see it back up!
Old 9/10/09, 07:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by burningman
But i do like it I really like the taillight panel treatment.not very mustang but good looking and I applaud them for breaking the mold a bit.
I think its more of a 69-70 Shelby look

Old 9/10/09, 07:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Old 9/11/09, 07:28 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Strickland
I think its more of a 69-70 Shelby look
Not to speak for Doug, but i think hes talking about the tail lights themselves. Since they are 2 instead of 3 bars on each side and stacked which both out of the mustang norm.
Old 9/11/09, 10:26 AM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

you nailed it Chris..thanx
Old 9/14/09, 04:08 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
as soon as i saw the pic i thought "jackhammer" and then it was right there haha

I'm definitely a fan of the tail too, as well as what looks to eb a 71-72 grille and turn signals deep in there.but I'm not really feeling the hood. the scoop seems so shallow and "meh" especially when compared to the 'hammer. still, looks great. and so does the Jackhammer, but that goes without saying

also i'd just like to say that never in my life did i think i'd see a render who's wheels had more dish than Doug's renders wow! lol
Old 9/15/09, 06:47 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

HAHA you are right Arin..that guy definitly has me whooped on the deep dish dept
Old 9/15/09, 10:11 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They both look good. Would like to see the "Jackhammer" built too.
Old 9/18/09, 02:19 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

This Boss Snake looks as if it had a Mustang for a mother and a '73 Riviera for a father.
Old 12/18/09, 11:31 PM
cgc

And thank you for the post of the JackHammer. I appreciate the kind words guys. The Jackhammer thread dide with the old site so it's cool to see it back up!
***I apologize for digging this post up from the dead, but I don't seem to have PM access yet....

Doug -
I attempted to hit your web site trying to get a better look at the rendering.

I'm in the process of hunting a donor car for a 69/70 2001 cobra hybrid (drive train and int. from the 2001).

Questions for you.
1. I'm assuming you based this off of a 70 fastback. The tail lights (from the rendering) look flush as opposed to sticking out.

2. That is supposed to be a Shelby front end, correct?

3. I wasn't planning on doing the side air intakes, but the more I look at your drawing the more I like it....how were you planning on building these.

I've been in love with your drawing from the time I saw it and would really like to pull off a build that did your rendering justice.

Thank you for any in put you may have
Chris
Old 12/19/09, 06:27 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Not a problem man.
I appreciate the kind words.
I have no problem with you doing a car inspired byy the Jackhammer but the plan for the actual design is to have this car professionally built. I am in talks with some builders now about it. Quite a few peices need to fall into place for it to happen and I have a vision for this car that I want followed a closely as humanly possible.
It was indeed based off the 70, the nose is a gt500 nose.
AS for the side intakes the way we are going to do them is actually going to be up to a builder but I will advise as needed to make sure it stays on course.
I don't have the render on my site yet as I'm redoing the site again.
Old 12/19/09, 08:41 PM
cgc

Not a problem man.
I appreciate the kind words.
I have no problem with you doing a car inspired byy the Jackhammer but the plan for the actual design is to have this car professionally built. I am in talks with some builders now about it. Quite a few peices need to fall into place for it to happen and I have a vision for this car that I want followed a closely as humanly possible.
It was indeed based off the 70, the nose is a gt500 nose.
AS for the side intakes the way we are going to do them is actually going to be up to a builder but I will advise as needed to make sure it stays on course.
I don't have the render on my site yet as I'm redoing the site again.
Totally understand about your desire to have the car professionally built…and yes, your rendering is truly an inspiration. I had a 69 fastback when I was 17 (back in 1990) that I let go for absolutely nothing. While I have had 4 other mustangs since, it is my dream to build one here in the near future. Like I said I’m looking to use a lot of my 01 Cobra’s technology in the car and honestly I was just going to roll with just about a stock 69 body. But honestly, after stumbling across the Jackhammer rendering….a 70 with the gt500 front just looks beautiful and is the way I will more than likely (and respectfully) go.

I truly look forward to seeing the progress of the Jackhammer project as I’m sure it will be a beautiful end result.

Thank you for the in put
Chris
Old 12/19/09, 10:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Not bad though like some said I like the Jackhammer better. Hey Doug can you tweak it a little to the 73 body style I know where I can get one of those for next to nothing might be interested in building it into something resembling that.
Old 12/20/09, 12:15 PM
cgc

Originally Posted by Slims00ls1z28
Not bad though like some said I like the Jackhammer better. Hey Doug can you tweak it a little to the 73 body style I know where I can get one of those for next to nothing might be interested in building it into something resembling that.
I obviously can't speak for Doug, but the 73 front does look close to the 69gt500 front. Considering there was not a 73 shelby, I'm not sure it would be worth the fabrication to fit the gt500 on a 73 (again, they are simular in my opinion)

Old 4/4/10, 02:13 PM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Well, they built it!

Crappy photos, stunning car

Old 4/8/10, 08:49 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Old 4/8/10, 09:00 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

actually came out pretty **** nice!
And of course the one thing I pointed out as being unique they didn't do...the tail lights.. BAH chickens

Last edited by burningman; 4/8/10 at 09:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Boss Snake