The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Ford Discussions (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f697/)
-   -   2013 Escape air bag light...Deysha please help! (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f697/2013-escape-air-bag-light-deysha-please-help-527231/)

lime05 12/26/13 04:19 PM

2013 Escape air bag light...Deysha please help!

Please chime in if anyone else has had this problem. My dad recently bought a 2013 escape titanium. The air bag light comes on every once in awhile for no reason. Every time you turn the car off though it resets. Drive a couple hundred more miles and the light comes back on. Called the dealership and they said the light must be on for them to do anything. (Obviously to be able to read the error code) So my dad drove it one day far for work related travel and it came on. He immediately drove it back to the dealership while the light was still on. They read the codes and said the passenger seat belt code was the one causing the issue, but after turning the car off the light went off again. So they did nothing. It still happens and they will not even look at it without the light being on. He travels far for work and cannot just leave every time to drive back to the dealership so that the light stays on. He has talked to a ford service rep but they have done nothing to help. It's a brand new car! We have owned countless ford vehicles and have never received horrible service like this. Deysha if you can escalate this issue to the appropriate party I would greatly appreciate it. It's getting to the point where he is afraid to drive the car due to a possible air bag failure or malfunction. Please help!

Rather B.Blown 12/26/13 09:40 PM

I would probably start by going to a different dealership and then go from there.

David Young 12/27/13 04:34 AM

Have your dealer check to see if there is a TSB on this problem. The Escape is having all kinds of problems :(

FordService 12/27/13 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by lime05 (Post 6735289)
Please chime in if anyone else has had this problem. My dad recently bought a 2013 escape titanium. The air bag light comes on every once in awhile for no reason. Every time you turn the car off though it resets. Drive a couple hundred more miles and the light comes back on. Called the dealership and they said the light must be on for them to do anything. (Obviously to be able to read the error code) So my dad drove it one day far for work related travel and it came on. He immediately drove it back to the dealership while the light was still on. They read the codes and said the passenger seat belt code was the one causing the issue, but after turning the car off the light went off again. So they did nothing. It still happens and they will not even look at it without the light being on. He travels far for work and cannot just leave every time to drive back to the dealership so that the light stays on. He has talked to a ford service rep but they have done nothing to help. It's a brand new car! We have owned countless ford vehicles and have never received horrible service like this. Deysha if you can escalate this issue to the appropriate party I would greatly appreciate it. It's getting to the point where he is afraid to drive the car due to a possible air bag failure or malfunction. Please help!

Thank you for the mention, lime05. I sent you a PM.

Deysha

lime05 12/27/13 03:49 PM

Thought about another dealer but it's tough since the light keeps going back out as soon as the car is off. Deysha is on the case! Special thanks for responding and having concern for this issue.

LivinTheStangLife 12/27/13 04:48 PM

Airbags won't deploy even in an accident if the airbag light is on

lime05 12/28/13 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by LivinTheStangLife (Post 6735627)
Airbags won't deploy even in an accident if the airbag light is on

That's the big issue. It may not work at all is the problem. Other then that issue it has been a great car.

LivinTheStangLife 12/29/13 01:18 AM

Apparently I can't read today. I thought i read your dad was afraid of it deploying accidentally. I meant to write more earlier but had something going on and didn't have time to write it out. And of course now i can't remember lol. Hope you find a better dealer that will take care of it. And usually they can read history codes so that sounds like some b.s. that they can't unless the light is on. And even if they can't figure out what's causing it they should keep it and figure it out it almost sounds like they aren't trying

FordService 12/30/13 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by lime05 (Post 6735611)
Thought about another dealer but it's tough since the light keeps going back out as soon as the car is off. Deysha is on the case! Special thanks for responding and having concern for this issue.

You're very welcome, lime05!

Deysha

lime05 1/2/14 12:30 PM

Well the light came back on again. Took it back and the same code came up. Mechanic said he would hook it up to the diagnostic computer in the back. Took the car into the back and came back out and said nothing was wrong!? Why is the light on then? There's also a couple other issues now. When you approach the car it is supposed to auto unlock your door. That rarely works. And also the back door/tailgate door is supposed to open and close on its own and that only works part of the time as well. Very frustrating. He is now thinking about just trading it in. Briefly read some escape forums and all three of these issues seem to be common. Not very pleased with the escape at all. My wife has a 2013 focus and I love it. But the escape is just a basket of issues so far.

Ethanjbeau 1/2/14 01:09 PM

Sounds like software issues to me. Probably not much they could do even if they determined it was that. This is unfortunate reality of more technology in cars these days.

lime05 1/22/14 11:52 AM

So we had the car back again. They ended up putting a new seat belt tensioner in the car. So far...fingers crossed...the light has not come back on. The rep that my dad ended up talking to even gave him a months payment for the car. Hopefully that was the issue and it is fixed now. Thank you Deysha for your involvement! Getting the issue escalated was a help. Just hope the light does not come back on!

FordService 1/23/14 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by lime05 (Post 6747423)
So we had the car back again. They ended up putting a new seat belt tensioner in the car. So far...fingers crossed...the light has not come back on. The rep that my dad ended up talking to even gave him a months payment for the car. Hopefully that was the issue and it is fixed now. Thank you Deysha for your involvement! Getting the issue escalated was a help. Just hope the light does not come back on!

No problem, lime05! :)

Deysha