The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Ford Discussions (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f697/)
-   -   2009 Ford Flex preliminary pricing starts at $28,700 (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f697/2009-ford-flex-preliminary-pricing-starts-28-700-a-455886/)

Zastava_101 8/3/07 03:21 PM

2009 Ford Flex preliminary pricing starts at $28,700

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/08/03/2...rts-at-28-700/

codeman94 8/3/07 04:44 PM

wow....I think that is a lot of $$$....I'm out......AWD starts above 30!

TomServo92 8/3/07 04:45 PM

You can actually build and price here:

http://www.fordvehicles.com/flex/buildandprice/

05fordgt 8/4/07 11:41 AM

Before everyone goes crazy over the price (and they are going bonkers on Autoblog), the prices are preliminary. I remember when Ford did this same thing with the Edge. I priced out an SEL+ AWD with everything and it was over $41,000. Yet, take an SEL+ AWD and add everything...under $37,000, and we don't even stock fully loaded ones with Nav. The prices are to gauge what people would order in the vehicles, and they will price it out accordingly (as seen by some people able to price it out under the preliminary starting price). As a person who works at a dealer, these will sell VERY well!!! :nice:

codeman94 8/4/07 04:42 PM

Built a pretty kewl one for $32K....

Zastava_101 8/4/07 05:00 PM

I don't think $28,700 is that high price for Flex.

Toyota Highlander, Flex's main competition, cost just as much. Hyundai Veracruz is little cheaper.

jsaylor 8/4/07 05:29 PM

Exactly. The Pilot and Highlander each start around a grand less, but the Flex is a much larger vehicle with the Flex being more akin to a full size suv while the pilot and higlander are closer to a typical mid size suv like the Explorer.

Moosetang 8/5/07 02:29 AM

It's only about $2k more than the Taurus X (also 3-rows). Interesting.

uofh2005 8/5/07 10:15 AM

And remember this is msrp and almost anyone and everyone can get xplan pricing any more.

jsaylor 8/5/07 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Moosetang (Post 978276)
It's only about $2k more than the Taurus X (also 3-rows). Interesting.

Hmmm. Thinking we can just start waving bye to the Taurus X now and get a head start Moosetang? Perhaps those rumours that the Taurus X might become a Mercury only offering will prove true?

Moosetang 8/5/07 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by jsaylor (Post 978545)
Hmmm. Thinking we can just start waving bye to the Taurus X now and get a head start Moosetang? Perhaps those rumours that the Taurus X might become a Mercury only offering will prove true?

Yeah I think so. The timing is kinda up in the air, though. Do they move the X to Merc as soon as the Flex launches? Do they keep the X around for awhile to gauge the Flex's success?

This does also open an interesting niche for Merc. Say Ford takes the "truckish" crossovers like Escape/Kuga, Edge, Flex, and Explorer. Merc could take the more car and minivan-like C-max and X (which could merge with the S-Max in another generation), possibly even the Galaxy down the road.

Q`res 8/15/07 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by jsaylor (Post 978545)

This is what I've been thinking would happen ever since the Flex was announced. Heck, it's what I've been suggesting should happen. I'd like to see them take it in an entirely different direction than the Taurus X though. More aggressive styling, lowered ride height, and standard AWD. Go for a 'shooting brake' concept, base 3.5 V6 and optional high-performance version with the oft-rumoured 3.5TT V6.

jsaylor 8/15/07 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Q`res (Post 985021)
This is what I've been thinking would happen ever since the Flex was announced. Heck, it's what I've been suggesting should happen. I'd like to see them take it in an entirely different direction than the Taurus X though. More aggressive styling, lowered ride height, and standard AWD. Go for a 'shooting brake' concept, base 3.5 V6 and optional high-performance version with the oft-rumoured 3.5TT V6.

Yeah, I'm with you. And I agree with the shooting brake concept as well. Something akin to an Outback makes sense as an option within this car's lineup, but I don't see the point on insisting that every version of this car be made to look as much like a suv as possible. I wouldn't object to an Outback/Cross Country style version of the same, but this is quite obviously a wagon whatever moniker Ford chooses to attach to it and they should take advantage of that.

Evil_Capri 8/15/07 11:14 AM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by jsaylor (Post 985180)
Yeah, I'm with you. And I agree with the shooting brake concept as well. Something akin to an Outback makes sense as an option within this car's lineup, but I don't see the point on insisting that every version of this car be made to look as much like a suv as possible. I wouldn't object to an Outback/Cross Country style version of the same, but this is quite obviously a wagon whatever moniker Ford chooses to attach to it and they should take advantage of that.

I agree with you both as well. regarding the Taurus X. I would like to see a 'Taurus X' that is a cross between the original Freestyle Concept and the 2005 XC70 AT Concept.

jsaylor 8/15/07 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri (Post 985203)
I agree with you both as well. regarding the Taurus X. I would like to see a 'Taurus X' that is a cross between the original Freestyle Concept and the 2005 XC70 AT Concept.

Agreed, I like that XC70 AT concept quite a bit. And such a vehicle would create the perfect excuse to eventually expand the range with an Audi 'Steppenwolf' style little brother based on a Focus hatch design.

htwag 8/15/07 03:56 PM

It's a nice looking car. I want Ford to do well. Now, if Ford can continue to improve in the J D Powers survey..... .