Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

2005 Interceptor Concept

Old 10/23/13, 01:41 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Interceptor Concept

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-XU-nJoHBzN...or-concept.jpg

I would love something like this for those of us who love our mustangs, but need a bigger back seat.. Give me a 5.0 and maybe even a blown 5.8 option and blast the srt8 guys out of the water.

I wouldn't mind a wagon version of same!
Old 10/26/13, 08:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah Ford needs something to replace the Crown Vic ... the Taurus is a decent car, and I'm sure the SHO is fast, but it's just not the same as having a big RWD car with a big powerful engine for chasing bad guys. Dodge/Chrysler did it right with the Charger/300, and that's why a lot of cops prefer the Chargers (from what I hear).
Old 10/26/13, 08:17 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zbrewha863
Yeah Ford needs something to replace the Crown Vic ... the Taurus is a decent car, and I'm sure the SHO is fast, but it's just not the same as having a big RWD car with a big powerful engine for chasing bad guys. Dodge/Chrysler did it right with the Charger/300, and that's why a lot of cops prefer the Chargers (from what I hear).
Absolutely 100% give me a new taurus or a crown vic any day over the charger....That's just me and most of the guys I know....a lot of the younger guys (yes I'm a younger guy but grew up around law enforcement and not as gung-ho as some others) like the chargers because they're fast and all....but the charger isn't quite the car the crown vic was...they start failing a lot quicker than the vic. As far as the Taurus I haven't personally used one but I've heard nothing but good things from them. time will tell if they hold up like the chargers can't. Ohhh also if you haven't seen the Ford Interceptor Utility check it out because it's quite nice. For an SUV they really get up and go.

but that's just my $0.02