The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Ford Discussions (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f697/)
-   -   '07 Ford Edge (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f697/07-ford-edge-421691/)

mustang_sallad 9/26/05 09:50 AM

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Enthusiast...S178.A9343.html

http://www.thecarconnection.com/imag...IBWRELFKRY.jpg

http://www.thecarconnection.com/imag...PAWDJBRAYX.jpg

So that's it... i've been waiting to see this for a while, we haven't even seen any concept sketches or anything yet. I must say i was hoping it wasn't gonna be quite as tall, to me this thing is just gonna cannibalize escape sales, though they say this thing slots between the escape and the explorer. Alright, anyways, i'm just curious to hear ford's take on where this thing fits in. I thought it would've been sweet if it were more like a slightly jacked up wagon version of the fusion, like along the lines of a forester or an Allroad. This thing makes me think Equinox....

But what i am liking is the three bar grill you see poking through the camo, the short hood (efficient use of space, you're only alowed a long hood if there's a horse on the grill...), and the dual exhaust, those pipes look nice.

Now do you think we'll see the production version at Detroit? or just a concept. To me they'll probably skip straight to the production version, as this thing should be out in about a year.

htwag 9/26/05 09:56 AM

So, it reminds of the new Mercedes-Benz vehicle and also the Pacifica. Hope it does better on gas mileage.

mustang_sallad 9/26/05 10:43 AM

ya, its that kind of car, same proportions, same purpose, but i think its a bit smaller.

future9er24 9/26/05 04:40 PM

cool!

kinda like an Acura MDX type of vehicle. i like it.

definately diggin the looks, and the wheels are pretty slick too

Galaxie 9/26/05 04:51 PM

I think once fully dressed it will look much better than the freestyle (albeit it is smaller)

I think this product will do well

66Mustang289ci 9/27/05 03:40 PM

Maybe it's just me, but :puke:. And does Ford really need another SUVish thing? We don't need 30 like GM.

Arboc 9/30/05 09:55 PM

is the edge also sharing its platform with the next lincoln avaiator?

EDIT:

just read link from post one

mobster 9/30/05 10:04 PM

whats the hump on the hood?

killo-11 10/1/05 07:49 AM

Looks like an Pontiac Aztec to me.

future9er24 10/6/05 06:01 PM

oy... just occured to me, is this going to share the same platform as the mazda CX-7??

cuz its about that size.... and i heard the aviator was going to share that platform too so.....

MustangMan311 10/6/05 07:28 PM

The whole cross-over idea makes me want to barf. :|
The Tribeca looks like crap, so did the Aztec, and this thing may be next.

mustang_sallad 10/6/05 08:23 PM

i thought this would be a ford version of the cx-7, but the last thing i read said the cx-7 was based on the C1 platform, while the edge is definately on the mazda6. They were talking about putting pretty much everything on the c1 and just stretching it if needed. sounds kinda lame to me...

korinwoodo 10/9/05 08:42 PM

ewwww :notnice:

AGBULLIT 10/10/05 09:13 AM

I like crossover vehicles. I don't want or need a full blown off road SUV or a minivan.
I recently bought a Freestyle for my wife.
I think that the new styling will look great and make it instantly recognizable as a Ford.

Zastava_101 10/10/05 09:20 AM

I like it.
What's up with Ford naming all SUVs with first letter "E" (Escape, Explorer, Expedition, Excursion, now Edge)?

TomServo92 10/10/05 09:37 AM

Originally posted by Red Star@October 10, 2005, 10:23 AM
I like it.
What's up with Ford naming all SUVs with first letter "E" (Escape, Explorer, Expedition, Excursion, now Edge)?

It's some kind of marketing thing. If you notice all Ford cars (except the Mustang & Crown Vic) all start with F (Focus, Fusion, Five Hundred) and all Mercury vehicles start with M (Mariner, Milan, Montego, Mountaineer, etc).

mustang_sallad 10/10/05 12:10 PM

Ya, when they came out with the escape, i always thought it shoulda been the excape to match the EX deal with the explorer, expedition, excursion, but i suppose that would be a little silly. They were also considering Everest for the upcoming stretched expedition/excursion replacement, but more recently i've heard it referred to as the Expedition Max. It was weird how they named the Freestyle with an F, but then went on to insist it was an SUV, like how they insisted to Motor Trend that their freestyle compete for SUV of the Year rather than Car of the Year.

I still don't get where this thing fits into the lineup....

TomServo92 10/10/05 12:13 PM

Originally posted by mustang_sallad@October 10, 2005, 1:13 PM
Ya, when they came out with the escape, i always thought it shoulda been the excape to match the EX deal with the explorer, expedition, excursion, but i suppose that would be a little silly. They were also considering Everest for the upcoming stretched expedition/excursion replacement, but more recently i've heard it referred to as the Expedition Max. It was weird how they named the Freestyle with an F, but then went on to insist it was an SUV, like how they insisted to Motor Trend that their freestyle compete for SUV of the Year rather than Car of the Year.

I still don't get where this thing fits into the lineup....

Yeah, I had forgotten that the Freestyle is considered an SUV by Ford (I consider it a tall station wagon).

I don't get where it fits either. :scratch:

mustang_sallad 10/10/05 12:23 PM

well, i guess at fordvehicles.com, the freestyle is linked to both under SUVs and under Cars and Minivans, so i guess they're confused too. But i definitely remember Motor Trend being kind of annoyed at Ford for insisting about the SUVness. They basically shut them down and said, its a great car, but a crappy SUV and doesn't belong in this crowd...
I think of it as a sized up Subaru Outback, i just wish it was an inch or two shorter, this obviously coming from a guy that grew up with Panther wagons.... i love those things!

Tiberius1701 10/10/05 12:29 PM

Originally posted by TomServo92@October 10, 2005, 2:16 PM
Yeah, I had forgotten that the Freestyle is considered an SUV by Ford (I consider it a tall station wagon).

I don't get where it fits either. :scratch:

Well it's VIN format makes it a truck, if that clears things up at all!!