Changing Dash Lights to LED - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Notices
SN95 Mustang 1994-2004 Mustangs

Changing Dash Lights to LED

Old 11/25/18, 05:12 PM

Changing Dash Lights to LED

Hey guys! First post here. I was given a 1998 Mustang GT Convertible (Spring Edition Laser Red) that needed a bit of work. The engine was fine, but the body needed a little love. As one of the final steps for making the car legal again, I just fixed the odometer. While I had the pain of everything taken out, I changed out all of the bulbs with new bulbs. One of the backlight bulbs was burned out, but the others remained quite bright. These new bulbs that I got, 194s, are not nearly as bright as the old ones. I watched Chrisfix's video "How to fix an odometer that doesn't spin" and he replaced with LEDs. This is for his drift car. So my question is, for a normal daily driver is it safe to switch to LEDs? I heard they don't do well being dimmed, so would that cause a problem? Thanks for your help in advance.

~Noti