05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara

Search this Thread

Old 6/29/12, 10:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will you be doing bits for the 99-04 Mustangs?
Old 6/29/12, 10:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Also do you have a photo of the grey stitching?
Old 6/29/12, 09:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Scruffy281
coming up in the very near future. getting ready to start working with someone right now, dont have a ETA yet

tried taking some pics, didnt turn out. the best one i have is 1/4 way down this page. 2nd set of stitch samples
http://amustangrocksleather.com/Page_2.html
Old 6/29/12, 09:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mustangsally_
I would love it if u can mail me samples
Very interested
mailed them today
Old 7/13/12, 10:22 AM

I have a few questions/comments.

First of all, your products all look amazing and look like they're top notch quality.

Questions:
How are the shift boot,console cover, and e-brake handle installed. If you have installation guides, then I'll refer to that.

Do you have any pics of the shift boot installed on a car? I am considering this as a gift and would like to see it installed.

Thanks! sbmiller24
Old 7/13/12, 11:15 AM
GT Member

How much of an issue does the added thickness of the leather over the brake handle have on the rubber gasket on the console? Looking at mine it seems like it's already pretty tight on there and adding the leather makes it even more so???
Old 7/13/12, 07:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by sbmiller24
I have a few questions/comments.

First of all, your products all look amazing and look like they're top notch quality.

Questions:
How are the shift boot,console cover, and e-brake handle installed. If you have installation guides, then I'll refer to that.

Do you have any pics of the shift boot installed on a car? I am considering this as a gift and would like to see it installed.

Thanks! sbmiller24
thank you for the compliments on the parts. check out the website, theres lot of info on the pages. the store page shows all the parts in one spot.
http://amustangrocksleather.com/Home_Page.html

we do have some installation suggestions for almost all the parts. i didnt take pics of the standard shift boot we installed, but theres some instructions to read and pics of other shift boots and its somewhat the same install. its not too hard to do at any rate. alot of people have installed these parts. i need to start putting a customer pics file together though
http://amustangrocksleather.com/How_to_Install.html

Originally Posted by Mark Fergel
How much of an issue does the added thickness of the leather over the brake handle have on the rubber gasket on the console? Looking at mine it seems like it's already pretty tight on there and adding the leather makes it even more so???
ive still got the prototype full cover on my ebrake and really its been great. marcy has the 3/4 cover on her car. its not all that complex of a design with the rubber slot, and its made to move. the leather is not thick enough to really notice any difference. a few customers have put some silicone on the rubber and said it slides super nice. i havent done that myself but its a good idea.
Attached Thumbnails Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara-2011-08-03consoleleather004.jpg   Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara-dougs-console-ebrake-boots-007.jpg   Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara-dscf1224.jpg  
Attached Images   
Old 7/22/12, 01:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Mark Fergel
heres one more pic showing the rubber and where it rides up on the lever. it looks about the same as it does with just the plastic lever. we have not done it on either of our cars, but a few guys have put silicone on the underside of the rubber and said it really slides sweet. it is a good idea
Attached Thumbnails Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara-dscf1214.jpg  
Old 8/18/12, 05:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

hey i picked up some light parchment oem pebble if anyone has that color interior and or is interested. i know it was offered in the 06, not sure about other years. its a little lighter than the med parchment i have in my 05 but close. heres a couple pics of a light parchment armrest cover with blk stitch. could also go parch on top/ black on sides ect. prices slightly higher for the factory leather. pm for prices

pretty sure it was offered in the SN95 cars, that we will be working on parts for in the next couple weeks.
Attached Thumbnails Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara-dscf2164.jpg   Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara-dscf2166.jpg  

Last edited by amustangrocks; 8/18/12 at 05:46 PM.
Old 9/3/12, 05:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

hey scruffy, for the SN95, check this out. its not available quite yet, still fitting and waiting on a final thumbs up, but the armrest cover is really close right now. also working on a shift boot. i need someone that can mail me a ebrake boot for a sn95, (for a deal on leather) and i`m trying to find out what years were the same parts. this cover is for a 01
EDIT: i dont think this guys console is a 01. it has the magnet catch on the side.94-97? ive been asking around alot to find out what years are the same pads. if anyone know anything please let me know!! thanks
Attached Thumbnails Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara-dscf2210.jpg  

Last edited by amustangrocks; 9/7/12 at 10:17 AM.
Old 9/7/12, 10:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

been making some 2 tone covers with that light parchment.it came out looking white in this pic, but its the color 2 post up. the 01-04 was offered in a parchment also, not sure if it was the light parch?
Attached Thumbnails Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara-dscf2191.jpg  

Last edited by amustangrocks; 9/7/12 at 10:22 AM.
Old 9/16/12, 12:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

we now have a shift boot for the TCI ratchet shifter. the shifter comes with a nice leather boot, but also with a grayish thread. since i have all black stitching, i just had to change mine. so for anyone that wants to match a colored stitch, we have the part up for sale on the store page.

the SN95 padded leather armrest covers are also on the store page now and the shift boots are coming up next.
Attached Thumbnails Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara-dscf2261.jpg  
Old 9/27/12, 04:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

still cant get a good pic to show the colors, but heres my latest try
Attached Images  
Old 10/5/12, 05:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

just a note for people that might have a couple horses in the barn, got some SN95 parts going now

still looking for someone with a new edge that has a beat E-Brake boot to make a deal on a leather one
Attached Thumbnails Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara-dscf2210.jpg   Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara-dscf2350.jpg   Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara-dscf2357.jpg  
Old 10/5/12, 06:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by amustangrocks
just a note for people that might have a couple horses in the barn, got some SN95 parts going now

still looking for someone with a new edge that has a beat E-Brake boot to make a deal on a leather one
No thanks ,,I got all my stuff from Shelby Parts ,,real leather ,, ,,Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara-000392-r1-03-2a.jpg,,http://www.shelbystore.com/product-p/z3-3.htm,,

Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara-140221-r1-22-3a.jpg

Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara-000270-r1-20-3a.jpg,,,http://www.shelbystore.com/Shelby-GT...Lid-p/z3-2.htm

Last edited by ricksGT/CS; 4/5/13 at 04:16 PM.
Old 10/5/12, 07:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

hey thats cool, nice car. i really like my shelby strut brace and my shelby hood pins
Old 10/6/12, 01:40 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
can you do leather dash wraps?

I was thinking Alcantara with red stich. I would also need black leather with red stich shift boot and armrest
Old 10/6/12, 06:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

not yet anyway on the dash. we got a nice start, but the vents on the ends of the dash is a issue. on the gt500 with the wrapped dash, the vents come off, on the base dash the vents are molded on with no clean way to cut around them. the other issue is fords used paper thin vinyl to wrap the dash for the clean appearance. using thicker leather is a issue,( our test pattern does look great on the frt edge though) making a cover that will stay in place so the dash doesnt need to be removed is another hurdle. we can out do the carpet covers, but thats not good enough for us to make and sell. we are not giving up yet though

Last edited by amustangrocks; 10/6/12 at 06:54 AM.
Old 10/6/12, 12:50 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by amustangrocks
not yet anyway on the dash. we got a nice start, but the vents on the ends of the dash is a issue. on the gt500 with the wrapped dash, the vents come off, on the base dash the vents are molded on with no clean way to cut around them. the other issue is fords used paper thin vinyl to wrap the dash for the clean appearance. using thicker leather is a issue,( our test pattern does look great on the frt edge though) making a cover that will stay in place so the dash doesnt need to be removed is another hurdle. we can out do the carpet covers, but thats not good enough for us to make and sell. we are not giving up yet though
I want, so hope it works out.
Another possible idea: visor covers (to go over that hideous sticker). Not sure about fitment issues with the mirror on the reverse side, but if doable, it would be sweet to get matching stitching like you already offer on your other stuff. Been considering a simple DIY cover with velcro to attach a remote, but would rather something sturdier/less permanent, preferably in leather.
Old 10/7/12, 07:12 PM
GT Member

I am absolutely interested in hearing about the leather wrapped dash if and when you guys can perfect it! I think it's one place that would make our cars look and feel like a different car inside.

Quick Reply: Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara