05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Sound system upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 4/29/06, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Infinity @ April 29, 2006, 9:15 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
How does that ARC D2 sound in an IB configuration? Also, what subwoofer are you going to port through the deck- the ARC [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/drool.gif[/img] ? If so, try http://www.subzoneusa.com/snake_tube.htm

It'll make it easy to get port length and mount to a 6x8 plate to seal it from the trunk. Good luck, and nice equipment.
[/b][/quote]

Thanks Infinity

The 8D2 sounds pretty good IB - a bit boomy right now but I'm hoping some EQ and gain twiddling will fix that up. I need to get the test tones and measurement mic set up before I can sort it out and see how low it's playing. I've got it crossed at 50HZ on an 18db slope right now and I can feel it no prob. Another pleasant surprise. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img] .

edit - I figured out why it was "boomy" - I forgot the amp's sub channel crossover can't be defeated so I had BOTH the HU and amp crossover in play [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img] Now it sounds fantastic - tight, low and more than loud enough - I think I'll keep it this way.

Yup - I want to try porting the 8D2 through the deck but getting a big enough port in the box and sealed up was REALLY going to tax my limited wood working skills - but I think you might have solved my prob with that snake. Thanks for the link.

Got my 1/0 from PE too - it's nice stuff - flexible and a full size core - you'll be happy with it.

Good luck with your install and please post some pics - I love to see what others are doing (and steal - I mean borrow - their ideas)