05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Rubber Floor mats

Search this Thread

Old 1/20/05, 12:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First of all -- hello everyone! It's my first post. I just bought a 2005 Mustang V6 last week... It's my first Mustang since I sold my 1966 Coupe back in 1995. It was my first car...and I've regretted selling it ever since. (sigh). Anyway.... now I have my new Stang and my first question to the forums:

I wanted some all weather rubber floor mats to protect my carpet -- but I wanted to keep them original, so I called my dealership and they ordered me some.

Well.... I got them, and put them in the car... and then realized that they looked nothing like the picture on the Ford Assessories site. I came here and looked around but saw none like them anywhere.

They only came in two colors -- Ebony and that tan (which I got Ebony to match). They have a running pony on the side of the front mats just like you'd expect. However -- they have this stylized grove on the inside (right side for driver, left side for the passenger mat). They don't look a thing like the picture on the Ford site or any other picture I could dig up. The texture patterning is also sightly different... the main thing is the gap or grove I talked about above. It almost looks like the mat was suppsed to fit around something (with the grove) but there is nothing there to fit around on the car on either side. The eyelets are present on both mats as they are on the other mats I've seen. The back mats also are not square...but seem to be fitted to run under the front seats.

I'll see if I can get some photos up later... but can anyone figure out if these are factory mats based on my description? Did they change designs or something?
Old 1/20/05, 05:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

I also ordered the same mats, and was very dissapointed when I looked at them in the car. The worst part was that they did not cover the spot below the gas pedal, where the heal of my foot rests. I ended up sending them back. It was too bad, since they were high quality, just not enough to go around.

PS: Welcome to the forums !
Old 1/20/05, 07:19 PM

Originally posted by os121@January 20, 2005, 6:48 PM
I also ordered the same mats, and was very dissapointed when I looked at them in the car. The worst part was that they did not cover the spot below the gas pedal, where the heal of my foot rests. I ended up sending them back. It was too bad, since they were high quality, just not enough to go around.

PS: Welcome to the forums !
So these are indeed the Ford official factory all weather mats?

I thought I got the wrong mats or something?
Old 1/20/05, 07:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have the same problem with them being too small...thing of sending them back myself.
Old 1/20/05, 07:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

i heard the same thing about the ford mats... just go to a local auto parts store and pick some up. i got some at Murray's Discount Auto for $20 - they fill the whole area.
Old 1/20/05, 08:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by msduncan@January 20, 2005, 9:22 PM
So these are indeed the Ford official factory all weather mats?

I thought I got the wrong mats or something?
Yes, I had ordered the official Ford all-weather vinyl mats for the 2005 Mustang. Your description sounds exactly like the ones that were sent to me. They don't look like the picture on the website.

BTW - even though I was dissapointed with the mats, I will not hesitate to order from them again. The order was processed and shipped very fast, and they handled the return without a problem.
Old 1/21/05, 12:10 PM
Queen Of Nascar

I ended up buying a set of clear from Walmart and put them over my factory ones. They actually fit and work quite well for what I was trying to do as in protecting the carpet. Who knows, they may not last long. You usually get what you pay for.
Old 1/27/05, 10:55 AM
The Analog Admin!

Received 2,977 Likes on 2,189 Posts
Hi there! could anybody who purchased factory ford mats give me the Part#, Price Paid and Concerns with the mats. I would like to research the problems!

KC
Ford Parts MGR.
Old 1/27/05, 05:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 05stangkc@January 27, 2005, 12:58 PM
Hi there! could anybody who purchased factory ford mats give me the Part#, Price Paid and Concerns with the mats. I would like to research the problems!

KC
Ford Parts MGR.
I ordered from www.fordaccessories.com. There was no part number. The invoice listed the mats as:

2005 Mustang Vinyl Floor Mats - Front and Rear Pair, Ebony (Black) $69.00

I returned them for a refund, but lost out on the shipping charges (both ways). Here are my concerns with them:

1. The mats look nothing like those pictured on the internet. Here is the internet link: http://www.fordaccessories.com/product.asp?dept_id=69&pf_id=374&dept=9]Mustang Vinyl Floor Mats[/url]
The delivered driver side mat has a giant slit in it. It is also smaller than that shown in the picture.

2. The mats do not fit well, and leave carpeted areas exposed. On the drivers side there is no coverage for the area underneath the gas pedal. Because sand and grit accumulate heavily in this area, the carpet will be destroyed very quickly. There is no coverage in the area where folks rest their clutch foot (dead-pedal area).

3. The large ribs catch my clutch foot, making it awkward to shift gears. This is something that I could get used to over time. A lower profile ribbing in the foot area would make for a better design.

Although you did not ask, I would like to offer things that are good about the mats, and my order. First, I recieved excellent customer service on the processing of my order. The order was recieved, and shipped out right away. Second, the folks who helped me with the return were excellent - they read my story, understood it, and helped me without any issue at all. I would rate you folks very highly on customer service. Third, the materials used in the mats were of excellent quality. I also liked the Mustang logo - very nice quality.

Thanks for asking for some feedback. I wish you the best with your research. If there is any way that you can refund our shipping charges please let us know.
Old 1/27/05, 09:44 PM
The Analog Admin!

I am a Parts Manager at a Dealer not with FOMOCO direct. Sorry for the misunderstanding! I will contact Ford and let them know of the Catalog errors! By the way excellent explanation!

Kc
Old 2/3/05, 02:21 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by os121+January 27, 2005, 8:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(os121 @ January 27, 2005, 8:03 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-05stangkc@January 27, 2005, 12:58 PM

KC
Ford Parts MGR.
I ordered from www.fordaccessories.com. There was no part number. The invoice listed the mats as:

2005 Mustang Vinyl Floor Mats - Front and Rear Pair, Ebony (Black) $69.00

I returned them for a refund, but lost out on the shipping charges (both ways). Here are my concerns with them:

1. The mats look nothing like those pictured on the internet. Here is the internet link: http://www.fordaccessories.com/product.asp?dept_id=69&pf_id=374&dept=9]Mustang Vinyl Floor Mats[/url]
The delivered driver side mat has a giant slit in it. It is also smaller than that shown in the picture.

2. The mats do not fit well, and leave carpeted areas exposed. On the drivers side there is no coverage for the area underneath the gas pedal. Because sand and grit accumulate heavily in this area, the carpet will be destroyed very quickly. There is no coverage in the area where folks rest their clutch foot (dead-pedal area).

3. The large ribs catch my clutch foot, making it awkward to shift gears. This is something that I could get used to over time. A lower profile ribbing in the foot area would make for a better design.

Although you did not ask, I would like to offer things that are good about the mats, and my order. First, I recieved excellent customer service on the processing of my order. The order was recieved, and shipped out right away. Second, the folks who helped me with the return were excellent - they read my story, understood it, and helped me without any issue at all. I would rate you folks very highly on customer service. Third, the materials used in the mats were of excellent quality. I also liked the Mustang logo - very nice quality.

Thanks for asking for some feedback. I wish you the best with your research. If there is any way that you can refund our shipping charges please let us know.
[/b][/quote]

Hi everyone, it's also my first post... I have the same problem too. The mats don't look like the ones on the Net, and they seem to be split up the center, so I assumed the ones I got were for the 2004 model. My Ford dealer is also looking into this, I'll keep you posted !
Old 2/6/05, 04:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

I've also noticed that most of the floor mats made now do not extend under the gas pedal and I believe this is a manufacturer safety change. My guess is that in case the mat should accidently flip up over the brake it will not cover the gas as well. If you were to hit the brake pedal with the mat covering both pedals the gas pedal will also get depressed. So instead of stopping you go. I happen to know someone that this happened to and they hit the wall hard.
Old 2/8/05, 05:29 PM
GT Member

My dealer GAVE ME their genric ones until they can find the right ones, very nice of them !
Old 3/1/05, 08:00 AM
GT Member

The dealer just called back. Ford acknowledges someone f** up, but will not redo the rubber mats for the time being. I asume some company will jump on the occasion and do something for us
Old 3/5/05, 09:45 AM
The Analog Admin!

I sent an Email to Ford Accessories!

To Ford Accessories. Your Catalog pictures on the 05 mustang are totally inaccruate on both the Rubber and Carpeted Mats. If you would like pictures that illustrate this please give me email address that will accept attachments.

Answer

Thanks for the info. We have Removed the photos and the Mustang Mats are being redesigned due to to customer dissatisfaction with the All Weather Mats. As the new ones are released, I'm sure we will put up some kind of notification.

Ford Accessories

By the way they are still on the site but I would give them a week or so before I checked!

kc

Added Some Pics From Back in The Day! 06/10/2024
Kc Admin

Fords Original Rubber Mat Mistake Circa Mid 2005

Ford Updated Mat Circa Late 2005
Old 3/5/05, 09:57 AM
Cobra R Member

I like the idea of clear mats. My only concern is the smell on a hot day.
Old 3/5/05, 01:28 PM
GT Member

Thanks for the update, 05stangkc
Old 3/5/05, 08:18 PM
3rd Times A Charm

I just went to AutoZone and bought some rubber mats to cover up the red mats and I only paid about $25. They fit just right.
Old 3/10/05, 09:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

I wish I had found this thread before I made the mistake of ordering these mats. I had the parts department of our local Ford dealer get them for me. What a disapointment! Plus they smell like vomit, which is what the looks make me want to do. When I got them in the car I also thought they must be for another model, but the packaging says 2005 S197. Anyway, I am returing them today. If Ford is aware of the problem and redesigning them then why are they still selling them?
Old 3/10/05, 10:09 AM
The Analog Admin!

As soon as a Good Alternative is Available I will advise!

kc

Quick Reply: Rubber Floor mats