The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   05-09 Interior and Audio Mods (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f692/)
-   -   Rear quarter Window delete (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f692/rear-quarter-window-delete-464989/)

Blustang05 3/8/08 12:39 AM

Rear quarter Window delete

Hello a year or so ago i thought i came across a kit that would cover up the rear quarter winds from the interior. Know i cant seem to locate it any where on the net. Has any one seen this rear quarter wind delete kit?

If nothin else i am thinking about geting a sheet of black abs and cut it slightly smaller then the opening and install some blue LEDs in the void between the ABS and the window This way the light would shine through my roush louvers giving off a real neat glow from the out side. Then on the inside you would get a faint glow outlining the kit. Or maybe better yet cut the abs the same size as the opening so it fit snug with no light around the edge and rotozip and running pony pattern that would lite up blue

Any thoughts

Blustang05 3/8/08 08:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here is the pony pic i would use. I thinki would really look neat with a blue glow showing throught

Torch_Vert 3/8/08 09:19 AM

In most states, you'll get pulled over for any blue lighting showing on the exterior of your car (reserved for police vehicles)

Blustang05 3/8/08 06:14 PM

I think i could get away with it because its will be an interior Light and the light will not be physically visible from the out side. Besides i don't believe it will be a bright light but more of a dim blue glow coming from the louvers.

My dad has ran 12" long blue light bars on all 4 of his mud flaps on his 00 F250 for years with out trouble. But he also had a blue 79 F250 with small blue rectangular running light about 2"x4". It had two of these light per wheel well. Ran like that for many years in the same small town and one day was pulled over by a city cop, but he just warred him and let he go. Then continued to run them until he got rid of it a few years ago :( I sure do miss that pickup

I think it just comes down to the cop and what kind of day there having

SilverHorse-----Racing 3/8/08 07:01 PM

We have a kit in stock - 25.00 + shipping and it's yours :)

It's been on our shelf for what seems like forever, but they are NIB.

PM or email me directly to set something up.

benbuilder 8/13/17 05:32 AM

The decal in post #2, Does anyone know where to get it? We have a car we are restoring for my son and it has it, but it is damaged and would like another one.

Thanks

07 Boss 8/15/17 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing (Post 5523059)
We have a kit in stock - 25.00 + shipping and it's yours :)

It's been on our shelf for what seems like forever, but they are NIB.

PM or email me directly to set something up.

Never seen them on your website. Do you guys make them or get them from somewhere else?

I've bought plenty of stuff from SHR and I have to say there stuff is top notch.

benbuilder 8/15/17 01:59 PM

I called them. they do not have them anymore

Thanks

Glenn 8/16/17 06:25 AM

Why not just use limo tint?

benbuilder 8/16/17 07:56 AM

my son wants that one in the picture.

07 Boss 8/17/17 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by benbuilder (Post 7019047)
I called them. they do not have them anymore

Thanks

The interior window delete or the sticker?

07 Boss 8/17/17 09:30 AM

HeyBlu, will this work?

http://www.agentfortyseven.com/S197/windowdelete.html#

SeanD 8/17/17 03:08 PM

I think it was Classic Design Concepts that sold the quarter windows inside delete pieces. I have them on my car, since I deleted the quarter windows completely and had them filled in.

benbuilder 8/17/17 06:15 PM

I was looking for the mustang sticker.

Thanks

SeanD 8/17/17 08:27 PM

I was replying to the OP not your question.

Originally Posted by benbuilder (Post 7019158)
I was looking for the mustang sticker.

Thanks