The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   05-09 Interior and Audio Mods (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f692/)
-   -   Mod's to S197's (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f692/mods-s197s-538802/)

akdoggie 9/12/15 01:19 PM

Mod's to S197's

What happened to all the 2005-09 owners who loved to mod or personalize their Mustang's? Has the summer months left everyone doing things in the yard, and not their Mustang? I'm shocked that there is NO participition in the Forums right now. There have been only, a few and far between posts in almost any of the MS S197 forums, dealing with our 05-09's.

With over 500,000 of these models on the road, originally, where is everyone? I see Mustangs all the time with added accessories and bling. Some are quite quick and load, others more shiney and demure. That doesn't matter. What does, is that we need more participation in this forum. There are tons of ideas, yet to be told or displayed, that would help our cars be even better than they are to us. Come on. We need some more participation.

One last thing. A few individuals, seemed to only want to cause trouble or mislead others. I hope that they will stop. Some of the original posters, who I started with, have just about fled this place, because of the rudeness. I hope this stops and that this forum can be at least as strong as it was in 2013-14. We can make this place better and share our ideas freely.

Ok Rant over.

VGMStudios 9/12/15 03:35 PM

I feel the same way as you do AK. I don't come often here due to this sort of treatment. I ask for some help and NO one wanted to help. Not ONE reply from anyone. And I waited weeks. So I ranted about it only to be called a cry baby. That jerk is now blocked from my posts. If this is the sort of treatment I am going to expect from these people or anyone for that matter, its no wonder this place is dead. Who wants to deal with that? Being treated as invisible because you are not Mr.popular on the board. Screw that. I'll go some place else. I have many ideas and love to customize and help others who want to.

As you said we need to be more supportive of each other even if you don't know the answer to a person's questions. A simple "sorry man I don't know but good luck" goes a long way other than being simply ignored.

I'm willing to come back but only if this place shapes up to what it was cause I'm tired of this crappy treatment.

lowblustang00 9/12/15 04:57 PM

Mod's to S197's

People must be busy out with they're cars. I unfortunately haven't been able to get to many car gatherings. My work schedule sucks :-/.

I did do a Brembo upgrade on over the summer though.

I also have noticed a few people trickling back in that stated forum app issues as the reason behind their break.

SpectreH 9/12/15 05:09 PM

I have never used the app. If I'm on my iPhone or iPad, I access via the Safari browser.

esfkotaro 9/12/15 05:33 PM

Over the summer I did a number of things to my S197, but nothing particularly drastic. New side scoops, chin spoiler, window louvers, CAI\tune, corsa exhaust, gen5 tails, decklid blackout panel. Still sitting on 4.10's waiting on install when my guy's life gets straightened out enough that he has time. I'll probably do more next summer, but for now I've been in money-saving mode for the more expensive mods (all new suspension coming next summer, wheels and tires in march, and then back to saving. Also trying to save up to buy a new house, so that's slowing things a bit.) Also, running out of space to store all of my take-offs. With my brother, his wife and 3 kids temporarily living with us until they get a new place (been almost 6 months now), and now my cousin living here for a month or so until she can move in with her father in SC, space is at a bit of a premium around here. I've been told no more boxes until they're out and take their stuff with them.

I also don't come as much anymore...not a lot of "relevant" posts for me. I like to see what's happening with the S550's and pre-S197 models, but not so much that I'll come here daily, and S197 relevant info is a bit short. Also, being car show season, I spend more time visiting and checking out others' cars than I do working on my own.

I'd post more of my own work, but everyone just wants pictures, and I'm not a "taking pictures" kinda guy. I just never think of it.

It's a shame though. Such a wonderful generation, and it seems to get less attention every day. That said, there IS a lot of info here for us. Most of it is just not new.

berzerk_1980 9/13/15 02:42 AM

Agreed this forum used to be friendlier, but it also used to be more vibrant.

However, some of the more popular forums can be pretty hostile. I still think even with the occasional jerk around here it's one of the friendlier forums.

If I had to guess, it's that there's so much cool stuff happening with the S550 that kind of casts a shadow on the S197.

Cavero 9/13/15 07:31 AM

A lot of people have done what they wanted to with these cars. Back in 06 when I joined, everything was new. I've had mine 9 1/2 years and have done just about everything I can justify spending money for. I'm saving for either a N/A or a boosted setup, but that's coming next year.

I only drive it a couple days a week now that I got a daily driver Focus, so it gets harder justifying more mods, especially since driving the four-banger makes the Mustang feel like a monster, comparatively.

Plus I'm researching mods on the DD (stereo, shifters, stuff to make it nicer to commute in)

Add to that, I've been fixing up my '82 Sabre (33 YR old bikes need a lot of love), plus family/ homeowner responsibilities...I just don't have the time to be on the forums like I did when I was single.

houtex 9/13/15 12:24 PM

I have work. And I'be bend ilw. *snuffles*

That said, a recent accident (someone ran into Awesome's front, dangit) is going to result in her getting a new bumper, hood, and grille. Along with a few other mods that'll be going on for her exterior that I've saved up.

Pics when it happens. Just be patient. :nice:

karman 9/13/15 12:33 PM

Yeah OK

So this summer...
I changed the oil in my airfilter from red to blue to match my car.
Also new tires and wheels, which look exactly like the old wheels only chrome.
(Which I did post somewhere)
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...9/#post6943754
No pictures:hmm:

akdoggie 9/14/15 02:47 PM

IF nothing else, at least we are getting some people to talk (type). It was getting to be an absolute ghost town in here for a while.

Anyone have any pictures of the undersides of their cars? I'm interested to see what kinds of lower mods anyone has done, either purposely or by accident. I looked at a 2009 the other day, and the whole under pan had been beaten out of it. Has anyone else had their underbodies redesigned by damage or for practical purposes?

This question should have some funny or very unhappy memories.

TripleBlack14 9/14/15 03:04 PM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by akdoggie (Post 6946195)
Anyone have any pictures of the undersides of their cars? I'm interested to see what kinds of lower mods anyone has done, either purposely or by accident. I looked at a 2009 the other day, and the whole under pan had been beaten out of it. Has anyone else had their underbodies redesigned by damage or for practical purposes?

This question should have some funny or very unhappy memories.

During the vicious Northeast winter freeze, my driveway apron/sidewalk lifted and crumbled in just a 2 month period, causing damage to my front splitter when I attempted to take the Mustang out for the first time. It fell short of affecting the undercarriage but it was getting there.

I got it repaired, but it was a $4K mod I didn't need. I still get close, but the driveway and car are usable now.

Paris MkVI 9/14/15 03:11 PM

Looks like some serious drop on the suspension there. I love that look, but things like this are the reason I just can't get comfortable with doing a drop.

TripleBlack14 9/14/15 03:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Paris MkVI (Post 6946202)
Looks like some serious drop on the suspension there. I love that look, but things like this are the reason I just can't get comfortable with doing a drop.

The drop is only about 1". I have Eibach springs which claim a 1.5" drop for coupes, less for a 'vert.

Last year, before and after:

akdoggie 9/15/15 01:34 PM

Wiith Alaska highways and the frost heaves in the roads, after winter, it really doesn't pay to have the springs lowered here. Some of the speed humps, on the side streets, don't allow much of drop, before you destroy the front fascia's. Even the rear mufflers, tend to drag the tips when driving on our roads sometimes. I considered it, tried it, and replace the springs in the same day. I couldn't drive out of my area. I was hitting the bottom of all my exhaust and at times even the skirts were scraping. It didn't take me long to figure that lowering here, was not a good idea. I have since gone back to Bullitt springs, which are a bit lower than factory base springs, and the ride, and the cornering are much better than the stock springs. I've decided to stay where I am, and not go any lower.

Looking at the above pics of the vert, I believe I like the first picture the best. it just seems to fit the car better. My opinion of course. Maybe it was the difference in wheels. Either way, nice looking car.

SpectreH 9/15/15 01:40 PM

I know this is technically an '05-'09 thread, but I did mod my '13 S197 this summer:

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...begins-538184/

07 Boss 9/15/15 03:22 PM

15 Attachment(s)
I scrape my car constantly, even in my own driveway.

Attachment 186843

I'll throw a couple pics of the underside as someone requested. The K-member and A-arms are new, along with the drag struts and shocks. It's about the third time I've done the suspension. Different combinations of stock springs along with ProKits, but have now settled on the stupid low Cobra Jet RA springs because they perform the best for me.

Attachment 186844

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/u...psjpyoannu.jpg

Here are a couple shots of the rear but this was when I had the Viking dbl adj shocks back there. I've also had Bilsteins and OEM shocks back there, but like I said earlier I now run lakewood 50/50's in the rear.

Attachment 186845

Attachment 186846

Attachment 186847

Attachment 186848

Attachment 186849

Attachment 186850

Attachment 186851

Since this is actually the interior sub section I will post a few interior pics for your viewing pleasure.

I did the gauges and and overhead switch panel this summer. Everything else is old news for me at least.

Attachment 186852

Attachment 186853

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/u...s/DSC_1196.jpg

Attachment 186854

Attachment 186855

Attachment 186856

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/u...s/DSC_1159.jpg

One of my favorite interior mods is when I discovered I had a factory custom Window switch panel (for a vert) in my coupe and hooked the trunk release to the up function on the switch for the rear quarter windows.

Attachment 186857

I just joined here and don't really spend a bunch of time here. I have two other forums that I am pretty active on and really don;'t have the time to invest into another one but I do check in daily just to see what's going on. All the Mustang forums seem to be slowing down as I think other forms of social media seem to be becoming more and more popular. Also, some of the ways these forums are being run has changed as they get bought up be corporations. That can change the whole feeling of a forum, I've seen that happen on a number of occasions.

SpectreH 9/15/15 06:22 PM

Nice mods 07Boss!

Scott2 9/16/15 05:48 AM

9 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by akdoggie (Post 6946195)

Over the years I have done lots of "lower mods". My current Air Lift Performance suspension is the fourth one in the car counting the OEM suspension. Here we go in no particular order.

BMR Subframe Connectors.

Attachment 186832

BMR K-Member, A-Arms, Sway Bar Support etc.

Attachment 186833

Air Lift Tank, V2 Control System Manifold, Water Traps and twin VIAIR Compressors in the tire well.

Attachment 186834

With the carpet back you don't even know it is there.

Attachment 186835

Front Air Lift Strut with Air Bag.

Attachment 186836

Differential shortened 1" per side with Strange Engineering 35 spline axles, spool and C-Clip Eliminators with Air LIft Shocks and Bags. BMR Sway Bar Relocation Brackets and LCA Relocation Brackets with Steeda LCA's.

Attachment 186837

Steeda UCA and BMR UCA Mount.

Attachment 186838

BMR Anti-Roll Bar.

Attachment 186839

Currently with a Steeda Sway Bar in the car.

Attachment 186840

Scott2 9/16/15 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by SpectreH (Post 6946376)
Nice mods 07Boss!

Agreed, 07Boss has a pile of great mods! Well done!

SpectreH 9/16/15 05:57 AM

Scott, your mods look well thought out too.