05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

MGW knob mods

Search this Thread

Old 10/3/05, 12:54 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[attachmentid=35416]1. I filled the top with a thick clear glaze (bought at H depot). Protects the top, nice finish. Poured a little in so it leveled just under the rim, then covered it with a glass so no ait hair would contaminate the finish. Set in 12 hours.

2. Chrome pin stripe around the center of the ****. Bought chrome pinstriping and cut it thin. Stuck it on and placed a tiny bit of elmers glue on the front where the ends met. Fits in grove well, no problems with it coming off, feels fine to the hand.

3. This one was by accident. I tried to paint the line around the middle of the **** and it bled off line a little. I tried to color it in with a black sharpie but found it was shinier. So I began to color the whole ****. Came out real nice. No line marks, consistent shine throughout the ****, feels fine. I was amazed!!!!! Makes me wonder what the whole interior (parts where it is textured) would look like if you sharpied it.......I DARE YOU!
Old 10/3/05, 08:35 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your #3 accident turned out but doing the textured interior parts would be better served by Mother's "Back to Black." Try that on anything black in the interior, you'll like it.