05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Head rest

Search this Thread

Old 11/7/05, 03:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Im getting my headrest embroiderd and i got the head rest off the seats now can someone tell me how to remove the cover off the headrest. I cant seem to get if off.

thanks
Old 11/7/05, 07:50 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?sh...pic=23604&st=20
Read post #30. He says something about the cover clipping together.
Old 11/8/05, 07:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it would be easier to remove them with them still attached to the seat. To unhook the cover. The covers are held on by hooks that resemble two J's or fish hooks, that are hooked into each other and pulling away from each other. There are little locks similar to the barbs on fishhook. Squeeze the 2 sides together, slip your finger in break the lock loose between the 2 sides and run your finger along like a cereal box. It is a pain but, once you get the first the second will go much better. It is all a matter of position on these locks.

I just pulled mine off the foam, I did get some minor tears around the mounting posts of the headrest. They still ft fine and cannot be seen. Since you removed your headrest you might want to use the shopvac method. There is a thin plastic bag between the leather and the foam. Stick a shopvac on the foam between the posts. That will compress the foam, with the shopvac still attached remove the cover. I marked mine on the inside bottom D or P (litely with a sharpie) (editorial comment Sharpie the only good thing about Kurt Busch) since they had been on I felt the cover and foam were shaped to fit each other. Thought it might give me a better fit, easier installation and less possible wrinkling after reattached. I think it helped, except for the embroidery you can't tell mine were ever off. Above anything anyone says about how to do this be patient. Keep that bag on the foam or save it, it will help the cover slide back on.

What are you getting on them? I got the 05 Concept Pony on mine both facing left.