05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

GT vs GT interior comfort

Search this Thread

Old 5/5/05, 07:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am probably going to pick up a mustang GT in aug or sept depending on when I can find one. I am thinking about renting a V6 mustang to see how I like driving it from a comfort standpoint(not performance).

I am curious to know if anyone has an opinion on the difference in the seats in the GT and V6, are they the same seat? or are they different. Thanks
Old 5/5/05, 07:52 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have sat in both a V6 and a GT, the V6 was cloth and the GT is leather. Didn't spend a whole of time in the V6 or have it on any lengthy trips, have taken my GT halfway across the country. Didn't really notice much difference if any between the seats themselves. Didn't have any back problems or anything after driving the GT for 800 miles straight.
Old 5/5/05, 08:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Since I have the GT with leather I'll tell you that this is very comfortable ride and I have a junk back. Renting a V6 will probably not give you a good example. Rentals in that price range are often stripped down base models that have been driven hard. Go to a dealer and you should be able to find a V6 equipped the way you would do a GT and take that for a long test drive. Good luck finding a GT on a lot that they will be willing to let you drive. Heck, good luck just finding one!
Old 5/5/05, 10:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the help. I jsut want to see if I like the driving position or not, I dont really want to have to talk to a salesman. I have driven my girlfriends 03 GT and I feel like I sitting too much "on" the seat as opposed to "in" the seat if that makes sense.
Old 5/5/05, 11:00 AM

I just ordered a 2006 GT thru Military Sales in Japan. I have not even seen this car except in pictures. Looking at the pictures of the interior, the "window ledge" looks kind of high? Is it or can you comfortably rest your arm on there during the nice days with the window rolled down?
Old 5/5/05, 12:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by keith61760@May 5, 2005, 12:03 PM
I just ordered a 2006 GT thru Military Sales in Japan. I have not even seen this car except in pictures. Looking at the pictures of the interior, the "window ledge" looks kind of high? Is it or can you comfortably rest your arm on there during the nice days with the window rolled down?

With the seat height all the way down, the ledge is high, though I am not tall, 5'10. I had to raise my seat height to comfortably rest my elbow on the window ledge.
I feel you set somewhat more on the seat rather than in the seat, but its certainly not uncomfortable. At aggressive speeds on curvy roads it probably could offer more lateral support.
All in all its a good seat, and with the adj lumbar on the driver, my old back tolerates it well.
Old 5/5/05, 01:31 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by hatchttu@May 5, 2005, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the help. I jsut want to see if I like the driving position or not, I dont really want to have to talk to a salesman. I have driven my girlfriends 03 GT and I feel like I sitting too much "on" the seat as opposed to "in" the seat if that makes sense.

Mike your comment does make sense....that's exactly how I would have described the seating position in my 2000 GT....my '05 GT feels much different - much more like you are sitting down in the car - not just the seats but with the higher window beltline you feel much lower in the '05 - I like it - the one thing I really miss (from my LS) is the telescopic steering column.....when I get the seat just right for the pedals....I have to lean too far forward for the steering wheel - so my seating position is at best a compromise between perfect leg positon for the clutch operation and arm comfort for the steering wheel reach.....
Old 5/5/05, 07:29 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I drove my car 1140 miles straight, the day after I got it. Normally, about 800 miles into the trip, I'm tired, uncomfortable, and don't want to drive anymore. I normally just want to stop, stretch, and sleep. In the 05GT, at 1100 miles I didn't want to get off the interstate. I'm not sure if that was because the seats were very supportive and comfortable, or if I was having too much of a good time driving since I just made it past the break-in period.
Old 5/5/05, 07:39 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I very much enjoy the seats in mine. I drive the car every day and never grow tired of sitting in it. The leather is very comfortable even after the car has been sitting in the sun at work.
Old 5/5/05, 08:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by HOTLAP+May 5, 2005, 1:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HOTLAP @ May 5, 2005, 1:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-hatchttu@May 5, 2005, 10:53 AM

Mike your comment does make sense....that's exactly how I would have described the seating position in my 2000 GT....my '05 GT feels much different - much more like you are sitting down in the car - not just the seats but with the higher window beltline you feel much lower in the '05 - I like it - the one thing I really miss (from my LS) is the telescopic steering column.....when I get the seat just right for the pedals....I have to lean too far forward for the steering wheel - so my seating position is at best a compromise between perfect leg positon for the clutch operation and arm comfort for the steering wheel reach.....
[/b][/quote]

Glad I am not the only one who feels like that. She loves the car and it iIS sweet (CDC side exhaust) sounds AWESOME with the windows down, however I feel strange driving it as I feel like I am too high.
I cant wait to get an 05 or probably an 06 as the 05's are getting hard to find.

Thanks to everyone for the help.