The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   05-09 Interior and Audio Mods (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f692/)
-   -   Changing Air Bag Emblem on Steering Wheel (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f692/changing-air-bag-emblem-steering-wheel-434832/)

351pony 5/18/06 08:29 AM

Changing Air Bag Emblem on Steering Wheel

OK, does anyone know the easiest way to remove the Mustang emblem from the steering wheel air bag? I've chnaged out all the other emblems/badges to Shelby units and this is the last remaining 'Mustang' item.

rony1976 5/24/06 11:23 AM

yanking it out is not an option? :/

freebass55 5/24/06 04:01 PM

Yeah, just pop it off. I don't think there is anything holding it on except some sticky stuff.

199 5/24/06 04:36 PM

i read you have to remove the hole thing including the airbage,, some one in the forum (if not on this forum then on the other mustang forums) that his started to bubble and when he took it to the dealership they told him they had to remove the whole thing or something like that.

cobra4548 5/27/06 10:31 AM

Yes, I too have heard that you have to remove the entire airbag. I knew a guy in Tulsa who had his running horse emblem wrinkled and they had to remove the entire airbag to replace it. Sorry, I would love to put a GT symbol on there myself but don't want to mess with the hassle.

199 5/27/06 04:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
i have attached a pic from a mustang with the airbag deployed (from ebay), just to give you a better idea. I would not recomend you do it.

AWmustang 5/29/06 01:03 PM

looks like if you didn't reattach it with enough glue it would fly off and nail your passenger if the airbag deployed.

AFBLUE 5/29/06 03:01 PM

The guys at Fang, Saleen, and Roush change out the OE one for their own emblems. Maybe one of them could help.

199 5/29/06 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by AFBLUE
The guys at Fang, Saleen, and Roush change out the OE one for their own emblems. Maybe one of them could help.

good idea,, i don't know if they will help ypu with this but its worth a try

CHDS PNY 5/30/06 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by 199
i have attached a pic from a mustang with the airbag deployed (from ebay), just to give you a better idea. I would not recomend you do it.

well...just pry it off on the right side...and not on the left :banana:

351pony 5/31/06 03:18 PM

I'm not sure if Roush or Saleen would be willing to divulge how they removed the emblem, but it's worth a call.

AFBLUE 5/31/06 09:47 PM

The Fang guys probably would be helpful.

lmmmmm 6/2/06 01:46 PM

maybe someone will create one that just goes over the current one.

199 6/2/06 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by lmmmmm
maybe someone will create one that just goes over the current one.

that would be smart

351pony 6/6/06 03:52 PM

I think the problem is that the Mustang emblem is contoured so anything placed on top of it wouldn't sit flush. However, if someone can come up with a way to do it, I'd buy one!!
:woohoo:

StangNut 6/6/06 06:49 PM

Vinyl decal would work. There are some on eBay for the fake gas gap. Try contacting those guys. :wonder:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...QQcmdZViewItem

65205 6/7/06 07:45 PM

The Pony on mine looks like it has chicken pox. Dealer has ordered an airbag to fix. I asked if they couldn't just replace the "horn button" they said no, it's all together. Glad it's under warranty. Feel bad though, must cost quite a bit.

Knight Rider 6/7/06 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by 351pony
OK, does anyone know the easiest way to remove the Mustang emblem from the steering wheel air bag? I've chnaged out all the other emblems/badges to Shelby units and this is the last remaining 'Mustang' item.

:pics: :photo:

rony1976 6/8/06 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by 65205
The Pony on mine looks like it has chicken pox. Dealer has ordered an airbag to fix. I asked if they couldn't just replace the "horn button" they said no, it's all together. Glad it's under warranty. Feel bad though, must cost quite a bit.

You should've convinced them to order the GT500 one! That would've been cool...

PonyGirl 6/8/06 12:47 PM

Mine also looks a little like the chicken pox. Like it is peeling from under the clear coating. If it gets to bad i will let the dealer know. Right now, you really have to look HARD to see anything.