The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   05-09 Interior and Audio Mods (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f692/)
-   -   Bluetooth Mic (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f692/bluetooth-mic-518554/)

geh4 2/11/13 09:17 PM

Bluetooth Mic

I have a Bluetooth mic and want to place it somewhere where no cords are showing, does anybody have a place they have placed theirs and what they did with the cords for no show?

Nunja Business 2/12/13 05:48 AM

Ummm ... Bluetooth is a wireless transmission technology. None of my BT devices have wires. Maybe I am misunderstanding?

geh4 2/12/13 05:50 AM

No my head unit does. It has a mic that comes with it and you have to place the mic somewhere in the car. The bt for this head unit is so I can blue tooth my phone to the head unit.

tu3218 2/12/13 06:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's mine. This was never suppose to be a permanent solution. After a couple hours or installing, I was just like screw it and placed it here. Said I'd come back to it. All the wires were placed away. Used zip ties to keep the wires secured underneath.

Anyhow, its actually worked just fine down there an no one can see it when in my car. So I've just left it there for going on 2 months. No problems at all. Every once in awhile the other person will have trouble but at the same time, my car isn't necessarily quiet either. But its been fine.

geh4 2/12/13 06:05 AM

That's a pretty good spot! Nice! Thank you.

Nunja Business 2/12/13 06:20 AM

Ahhh ... I see.
Maybe run the wire up inside the A pillar to where the sun visor mounts?

pebkac 2/12/13 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by tu3218 (Post 6552193)
Here's mine. This was never suppose to be a permanent solution. After a couple hours or installing, I was just like screw it and placed it here. Said I'd come back to it. All the wires were placed away. Used zip ties to keep the wires secured underneath.

Anyhow, its actually worked just fine down there an no one can see it when in my car. So I've just left it there for going on 2 months. No problems at all. Every once in awhile the other person will have trouble but at the same time, my car isn't necessarily quiet either. But its been fine.

I would knock that off in a matter of minutes getting in and out....

Originally Posted by Nunja Business (Post 6552203)
Ahhh ... I see.
Maybe run the wire up inside the A pillar to where the sun visor mounts?

This is what I would do.

The other option which My son did in his Fox. Right on top of the steering column between the wheel and dash. You could actually hide it in the cluster.....

Another option. Right side of the cluster under the dash cover right were it curves down for the center dip....

SilverSkoundrel 2/12/13 06:52 PM

I put one on top of my steering column

geh4 2/12/13 07:41 PM

How'd you install it on the steering wheel column?

tu3218 2/12/13 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by pebkac (Post 6552904)

I would knock that off in a matter of minutes getting in and out....

This is what I would do.

The other option which My son did in his Fox. Right on top of the steering column between the wheel and dash. You could actually hide it in the cluster.....

Another option. Right side of the cluster under the dash cover right were it curves down for the center dip....

Haven't hit it once. I'm not a big guy though either. But I'm also aware of it being there.

I'll take a look at the idea for around the steering column and dash.

SilverSkoundrel 2/12/13 07:54 PM

Ran the wire behind the dash and stuck it to the right side closer to the radio

SilverSkoundrel 2/12/13 07:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This ain't the exact pic obviously but it was about there, just a little further right

tu3218 2/12/13 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by SilverSkoundrel (Post 6552998)
His aunt an exact pic obviously but it was about there, just a little further right

That's a nice spot but would annoy me seeing it. Same reason I love the x2500 and having aux an USB ports on the back. No annoying wires dangling from the unit and a clean look. That's why I've been content with where I have it. Plus everyone can hear me just fine with it in that position.

SilverSkoundrel 2/12/13 08:30 PM

It really didn't bother me. However I never used it so when I put my DDX418 in I just took it out

YZFMax 2/18/13 07:38 PM

I added the mic close to the visor near the map lights. It works perfectly even with the roof down. Ran the wires through the A-pillar.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8526/8...cb65f73ef5.jpg

willdog26 4/17/13 09:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by SilverSkoundrel (Post 6552908)
I put one on top of my steering column

I did the same Silver. It's a great spot and no wires.

Cavero 4/18/13 07:25 PM

Mine is routed under the dash , up the A-pillar (under the trim) and behind the head liner. If you can find it on search, I have a thread when I installed my Pioneer FH8000 with more pics with how I routed the cable:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-L...0/DSC_6629.JPG

Its a great spot, no one has problems hearing me, even with the windows down. It does get loud if I have the defroster on too high

tu3218 4/18/13 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by Cavero (Post 6606296)
Mine is routed under the dash , up the A-pillar (under the trim) and behind the head liner. If you can find it on search, I have a thread when I installed my Pioneer FH8000 with more pics with how I routed the cable:

Its a great spot, no one has problems hearing me, even with the windows down. It does get loud if I have the defroster on too high

Hmm interesting placement. May have to look into getting mine there.