The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   05-09 Interior and Audio Mods (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f692/)
-   -   2005-2009 SEAT SHIELD VALANCE INTERCHANGE WITH PART NUMBERS! (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f692/2005-2009-seat-shield-valance-interchange-part-numbers-549349/)

m05fastbackGT 7/29/22 03:10 PM

2005-2009 SEAT SHIELD VALANCE INTERCHANGE WITH PART NUMBERS!

{NOTE THREAD EVOLVED TO NEW MODIFIED TOPIC}

POST 42& 43 Have Intro & Part Numbers!

KC

Original Post By @m05fastbackGT
Thanks Rocky!

Would anyone happen to know where I can locate a driver's side front seat trim panel replacement? It's the trim panel where the power seat switches are located.. Anyhow, 2 of the clips which attach the trim panel to the seat have broken off and unfortunately Ford no longer manufactures them.. In the meantime, I've located a YouTube video which I attached that provides more detail about the trim panel issues I'm describing.. I've also attempted searching the sub-forums, by selecting the search function menu, but came up empty...

Anyhow, I'd really appreciate any feedback that may be provided... Thanks in advance:

-Rocky

05stangkc 7/29/22 04:41 PM

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts...6B%2c%3c62186A

Dark Charcoal w 6 way power seats Shows Available per this Site. Also Shows Production Date Split.

This May Help!

KC

m05fastbackGT 7/29/22 05:32 PM

Thanks for coming thru Kevin! Also perfect color match as well :nice:

-Rocky

Edit: Just submitted the parts order.. Thanks once again.

05stangkc 7/29/22 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT (Post 7069069)
Thanks for coming thru Kevin! Also perfect color match as well :nice:

-Rocky

Edit: Just submitted the parts order.. Thanks once again.

You are Quite Welcome! I guess your Ford Dealer Missed the Mark? Anyhoo I think I may get a Spare one of these for my Shelby for Down the Road! It is a Weak Spot especially for my wide track behind!

KC

m05fastbackGT 7/29/22 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc (Post 7069070)
You are Quite Welcome! I guess your Ford Dealer Missed the Mark? Anyhoo I think I may get a Spare one of these for my Shelby for Down the Road! It is a Weak Spot especially for my wide track behind!

KC

My local Ford dealers did indeed miss the mark... You're also so right about the weak spots, especially for those of us who have wide track behinds! :rofl2:

05stangkc 7/29/22 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT (Post 7069071)
My local Ford dealers did indeed miss the mark... You're also so right about the weak spots, especially for those of us who have wide track behinds! :rofl2:

I think my Valance is the same Part Number as Yours! I just ordered one myself! I'm never selling the Shelby so I always pack away little things I may need in the Future! In my write up on finding obsolete Ford Parts / Faux Gas Cap Topic There is a reason I tell people to check more than one Dealer and now you Know why!

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...-parts-549320/

KC

RedFire281 7/30/22 07:30 AM

My God, every time I read a post by 05stangkc (Kevin), I'm reminded, and sometimes saddened, of the wealth of historical reference and the knowledge base our S197 forum has lost. So many veterans of the early days of mod challenges (wars?) have retired or moved on as our cars have become long in the teeth. Maybe we shouldn't be so harsh on the newbies who revive some zombie posts?, but instead use them as a starting point in resolving issues of wear and tear; and honoring our remaining vets for staying true to the S197 generation. Kevin - never sell and live long. Kevin and Rocky (m05fastbackGT) and all the other contributors - THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!

05stangkc 7/30/22 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by RedFire281 (Post 7069082)
My God, every time I read a post by 05stangkc (Kevin), I'm reminded, and sometimes saddened, of the wealth of historical reference and the knowledge base our S197 forum has lost. So many veterans of the early days of mod challenges (wars?) have retired or moved on as our cars have become long in the teeth. Maybe we shouldn't be so harsh on the newbies who revive some zombie posts?, but instead use them as a starting point in resolving issues of wear and tear; and honoring our remaining vets for staying true to the S197 generation. Kevin - never sell and live long. Kevin and Rocky (m05fastbackGT) and all the other contributors - THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!

I have gone from the Days of Predicting New Car Models & Parts Coming From Ford on the S197s Before they were available to Now, Help Find the ones that are now going Obsolete. Full Circle I guess!

It was a Great time and Everybody was so Jazzed with the Right Car at the Right time and I had that Back Door Advance Parts Listings that I Backwards Specified Part Numbers & that let me Predict the Latest & Greatest from Ford. Got me in Hot water a Few Times they Really were Steamed when I Called the 5.0 Coming Back in I think Early 2010. Oh Well! I'm still Waiting for Ford to Say Thank You For All the GT-500 Body Parts that were Sold thanks to my Kit! Just Kidding!

I wish I was able to still be working at a Ford Dealer so I could Access more Information to Help but I manage to find a thing or two. I have such a backlog of the Sn197 History still in the Oem Parts Section. We Lost a Lot of Good Info from my First Year in the Forum Hack and we lost a lot of Pics to Pictiger! I really need to go through OEM and do some weeding!

I have had a Few of the Old timers Welcome me Back and it is Very Very Appreciated. You Have Made My Day with your Post!

KC

m05fastbackGT 7/30/22 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc (Post 7069072)
I think my Valance is the same Part Number as Yours! I just ordered one myself! I'm never selling the Shelby so I always pack away little things I may need in the Future! In my write up on finding obsolete Ford Parts / Faux Gas Cap Topic There is a reason I tell people to check more than one Dealer and now you Know why!

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...-parts-549320/

KC

Your exactly spot on Kevin.. The valances are all the same part numbers from the base V6 thru the Shelby GT500 models.. Meanwhile, I did have my local Ford dealer run a check on their system in an attempt to locate the Valences, and they also came up empty... Needless to say, if you hadn't been able to locate the Ford parts giant website? We both would had ended up screwed... Therefore, I do indeed know the reason for checking more than just one dealer...

Anyhoo, like yourself, I have no intentions of ever selling the "06" GT which is another reason for keeping the mileage low, as I have way too much invested and refuse to take a loss.. Despite the fact the current S550 models are far more superior in technology and upscale over the previous generation S197 models, I much prefer the retro styling of the 2005-09 S197 which took design cues from the 1st generation 1965-70 Mustang...

So there you have it in a nutshell lol.

Originally Posted by RedFire281 (Post 7069082)

I couldn't had worded it any better John! But also keep in mind, your also one of our remaining vets who continue to stay true to the S197 generation as well, and with that - ALSO THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE :cheers:

Originally Posted by 05stangkc (Post 7069084)
I have gone from the Days of Predicting New Car Models & Parts Coming From Ford on the S197s Before they were available to Now, Help Find the ones that are now going Obsolete. Full Circle I guess!

It was a Great time and Everybody was so Jazzed with the Right Car at the Right time and I had that Back Door Advance Parts Listings that I Backwards Specified Part Numbers & that let me Predict the Latest & Greatest from Ford. Got me in Hot water a Few Times they Really were Steamed when I Called the 5.0 Coming Back in I think Early 2010. Oh Well! I'm still Waiting for Ford to Say Thank You For All the GT-500 Body Parts that were Sold thanks to my Kit! Just Kidding!

I wish I was able to still be working at a Ford Dealer so I could Access more Information to Help but I manage to find a thing or two. I have such a backlog of the Sn197 History still in the Oem Parts Section. We Lost a Lot of Good Info from my First Year in the Forum Hack and we lost a lot of Pics to Pictiger! I really need to go through OEM and do some weeding!

I have had a Few of the Old timers Welcome me Back and it is Very Very Appreciated. You Have Made My Day with your Post!

KC

Yes indeed, it's very difficult to accept that our S197 Mustangs are now considered as obsolete.. For myself personally, it seems like it was just yesterday when I ordered my first S197 GT back in late 2004..
Needless to say, just another fine example of how time flies when becoming a Dinosaur.. Guess it is what it is :rofl2:

Paris MkVI 8/1/22 11:01 AM

I was replacing my battery on my '06 every time I turned around. Fortunately, batteries have not gone out of style.

05stangkc 8/1/22 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Paris MkVI (Post 7069124)
I was replacing my battery on my '06 every time I turned around. Fortunately, batteries have not gone out of style.

:jester:
The Battery Charger & My Shelby are Now Dating! I guess after all the Hooking up it was Fate!

Kc

m05fastbackGT 8/1/22 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Paris MkVI (Post 7069124)

Neither have battery tenders gone out of style... Haven't replaced my batteries since.

VGMStudios 8/3/22 08:57 PM

Mine broke as well but it was the passenger side. Instead of buying a new one I fixed it using POR-15 and carbon fiber sheets. Worked like a charm.
​​

m05fastbackGT 8/4/22 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by VGMStudios (Post 7069177)
Mine broke as well but it was the passenger side. Instead of buying a new one I fixed it using POR-15 and carbon fiber sheets. Worked like a charm.
​​

The clips which attach to the seat are what broke on my panel...Meanwhile, could you possibly post a small write-up including each step you took during the repair process.. Some images would also be very helpful as well, as I'm sure there's plenty of folks who would be very interested in how you went about repairing your passenger side seat trim/switch panel...

05stangkc 8/6/22 05:12 PM

Got my Side Shield Today!

KC

m05fastbackGT 8/6/22 07:53 PM

Got mine On Thursday, but ordered the wrong part # by mistake.. I found out from Tasca Parts Ford and several other Ford parts vendors that part # 6R3Z-7662187-AC is for 2007-2008 S197 models, while part # 5R3Z-7662187-AC is for 2005-2006 S197 models...
So they went ahead and processed my RMA return... Therefore, part # 5R3Z-7662187-AC is the correct part # I also attached links below for those who may be interested...

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts...ra2=&filter=()

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/parts...ra2=&filter=()

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts...-6r3z7662187ac

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts...-5r3z7662187ac

06 Screamer 9/17/22 04:05 PM

Does anyone know if the ones from later years (2010-2014) will work on the earlier cars? I need both sides and I can't find the one for the passenger side and it seems to be discontinued.

05stangkc 9/17/22 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by 06 Screamer (Post 7070478)
Does anyone know if the ones from later years (2010-2014) will work on the earlier cars? I need both sides and I can't find the one for the passenger side and it seems to be discontinued.

I Don't Know if they Would Fit. Might Find a Used one Here!

https://prestigemustang.com/

KC

05stangkc 9/18/22 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by 06 Screamer (Post 7070478)

What Color Interior? Dark Charcoal, Light Dove or Camel?
Is It Power or Manual Seat? Passenger Side.
​​​​​​​Does It have a Little Snap Button At the Rear with a Strap Attached?

KC

06 Screamer 9/21/22 07:20 PM

Passenger side, dark charcoal, manual seat. I'm pretty sure it has the snap button on the side, I have to double check