05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

2005-2009 Mustang Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/ Back-Up Camera!

Search this Thread

Old 8/6/16, 10:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I hear you man. It does seem that way. That's why when mine started acting up I was like.....oh boy here we go. I did receive the new modulator and all is good again. I did take the spliced wire back off that I was using to power the HU. Since dealing with this unit I have gotten pretty good at taking the dash apart and putting everything back together. LOL
Old 9/8/16, 12:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Gravydog316
I guess I shouldn't put this on my birthday wish list, consarnit.

Why not? This unit isn't perfect, but it's sure a lot better than the POS that came with our cars!
Old 9/8/16, 11:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

too late-- I scratched my bumper backing up last week

Bummer... the backup camera would have saved you!
Old 9/10/16, 09:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really....the only issue I still have with the unit, is poor AM/FM reception. And despite my remarks that I would replace my shortie antenna with the long, stock antenna to see if it would improve reception....I haven't gotten around to doing it yet. At first I thought it was surely an antenna issue, but after reading some of the other posts, I'm afraid it's probably either something in the unit itself, or a connection somewhere, because even with the shortie antenna, I should be able to pick up a station when I'm only a couple of miles from the station....and I can't. It was never a big issue with me, because I was only really interested in the SiriusXM radio, navigation and back up camera features. At some point this winter, I'll probably get bored and have some time to take it apart again to check connections and put the long antenna back on to see if that helps. If in the end, I can't resolve the AM/FM issue, I'll just leave it alone. I'm satisfied with the other 3 features that I was really after and they work perfectly.

Last edited by Sabre; 9/10/16 at 09:41 AM.
Old 9/19/16, 10:29 AM
V6 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sabre
Really....the only issue I still have with the unit, is poor AM/FM reception. And despite my remarks that I would replace my shortie antenna with the long, stock antenna to see if it would improve reception....I haven't gotten around to doing it yet. At first I thought it was surely an antenna issue, but after reading some of the other posts, I'm afraid it's probably either something in the unit itself, or a connection somewhere, because even with the shortie antenna, I should be able to pick up a station when I'm only a couple of miles from the station....and I can't. It was never a big issue with me, because I was only really interested in the SiriusXM radio, navigation and back up camera features. At some point this winter, I'll probably get bored and have some time to take it apart again to check connections and put the long antenna back on to see if that helps. If in the end, I can't resolve the AM/FM issue, I'll just leave it alone. I'm satisfied with the other 3 features that I was really after and they work perfectly.
This is what China Radio Navigation Systems are known for :-(
Old 9/22/16, 02:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Really....the only issue I still have with the unit, is poor AM/FM reception. And despite my remarks that I would replace my shortie antenna with the long, stock antenna to see if it would improve reception....I haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

Sabre, I'd probably do this sooner rather than later. I don't know how large of a company Rosen is, but they seem to be having issues.

THE BACK STORY: My original head unit failed due to a faulty touch screen. AM was great! They put me in touch with Rosen who diagnosed it as a faulty screen and authorized a swap. AM sent me a new unit which I swapped out (just the head unit, not the wiring or the controller).

Fast forward to a month or so ago, and I'm having issues with the battery going dead in a day or two. I initially suspected the alternator and pulled it. I also changed the battery. The new battery, once hooked up, went dead in a day despite the alternator still sitting on my workbench. I placed an ammeter on the power leads to the radio and it turns out it's the Raxiom unit. It's drawing 1/2 amp at all times.

AM once again sent me to Rosen, WHO ISN'T ANSWERING THEIR TECH SUPPORT LINE. I get a "the voice mail box is full" message. I went back to AM, who tried the line as well, and had no other contact info for them. (Cue the "Uh oh")

AM, to their credit, offered to send me a new controller module and I accepted. I'm currently waiting for the controller to arrive. However, the funny thing is that I didn't change the controller unit that worked fine with the previous HU. I still suspect the replacement HU is the cause of my battery drain.

We'll see and I'll keep you all posted. Props to AM for stepping up! However, I'm not so sure about Rosen though. They need to get their act together.
Old 11/29/16, 12:28 AM

I don't suppose Kenwood or Clarion is offering a stock appearing unit for the 2005 yet are they?
Old 11/29/16, 05:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by bobs69
I don't suppose Kenwood or Clarion is offering a stock appearing unit for the 2005 yet are they?
No, and I wonder how likely that's going to be. I've been surprised with my unit: I have had no radio reception issues (note, this is on my REPLACEMENT unit, the first install had no radio at all), nav works fine and I suppose I should look for an update soon, and I can play music through my android phone. It works. I'll get Sirius installed when the spring comes.

The OEM speakers in the cabin are absolute crap, that really needs addressed...
Old 11/30/16, 06:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by bobs69

I don't know either, but if I had found this link and site before I saw the Raxiom model in American Muscle, I well might have gone a different way and had a more stock Ford look and function. I've not investigated this any farther than just looking at this webpage, but had I found it before I would have made some calls and really looked hard at this.

http://www.oemautopartsco.com/collec...iant=499676597

It sounds like they could even hook you up with the backup camera...which was a feature that I was really interested in.
Old 12/10/16, 02:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I don't know either, but if I had found this link and site before I saw the Raxiom model in American Muscle, I well might have gone a different way and had a more stock Ford look and function. I've not investigated this any farther than just looking at this webpage, but had I found it before I would have made some calls and really looked hard at this.

It sounds like they could even hook you up with the backup camera...which was a feature that I was really interested in.

Blahhhhh... been there, done that. If these are truly OEM radios, they don't work with the Shaker 1000. I worked with KC at Clevenger Ford (when they still existed) for over a year trying to get mine programmed. Finally gave up and he refunded my money. He was a great guy!!!!

UPDATE ON MY RAXIOM:
It wasn't the head unit. Ever since I replaced my alternator, I have had no further battery drain issues. Weird since my ammeter was reporting a draw, but the proof is in that my 'Stang has sat for weeks yet starts with a turn of the key!

The Raxiom is fine and I am still very happy.
Old 12/11/16, 07:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc
Blahhhhh... been there, done that. If these are truly OEM radios, they don't work with the Shaker 1000. I worked with KC at Clevenger Ford (when they still existed) for over a year trying to get mine programmed. Finally gave up and he refunded my money. He was a great guy!!!!

UPDATE ON MY RAXIOM:
It wasn't the head unit. Ever since I replaced my alternator, I have had no further battery drain issues. Weird since my ammeter was reporting a draw, but the proof is in that my 'Stang has sat for weeks yet starts with a turn of the key!

The Raxiom is fine and I am still very happy.
I didn't have the Shaker 1000, so they may have worked just fine with my car.

I still have no appreciable AM/FM...but it's not a big issue with me, since I was really going for the SiriusXm anyway.

I'm happy with what I have...but even the Raxiom turned out not to be completely "plug n play" as they advertised and was not without it's headaches.
Old 12/11/16, 05:40 PM

Unfortunately that webpage won't load for me.
Old 2/11/17, 03:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

OK gang, I am about ready to rip my hair out. When I installed my Raxiom it worked to automatically put the camera in reverse and I never had to connect the "green" 12v reverse wire to anything.

When I was diagnosing my power drain as mentioned above (which turned out to not be the Raxiom unit) I swapped out wiring harnesses and the controller as suggested by Raxiom. The NEW controller does NOT automatically engage the reverse cam! Raxiom says I need to connect the green 12v wire.

HERE'S THE PROBLEM:

WHERE IS THE REVERSE WIRE?!@??!?!?!

Online searches on this form and all other references I found in Google all point to a white wire with a yellow stripe in the passenger side harness that will light up 12v when reverse is engaged.

NOT HERE! I found three white wires with yellow stripes, tested them all with no result. Other web sources indicated a gray wire with a purple stripe. Probed all four of those with no success! Checked my passenger side SJB for "PKP or SJB, gry 52 pin plug, pin 13" and that plug is blank. WTF?

Any ideas as to what I may be missing before I give up and tear the car apart to run a stupid wire all the way to the front from my tail light socket?

2005 convertible GT Premium with a manual.
Old 2/12/17, 04:02 PM

i image you have re-checked the setting menu since changing the harness, right???
Old 2/12/17, 09:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Raxiom is garbage. Don't waste your $$$!!!
Seriously, you will gave nothing but problems.
I was going to replace my radio, until i read the TONS of complaints.
I won't support American Muscle or their Raxiom products...

Radio isn't giving our, it's fine. No complaints here, I like the radio. It's the wiring harness I'm having an issue with.
Old 2/13/17, 08:48 AM

i absolutely love my raxiom. the only complaint i have is the missing album art from the usb/sd card. but that is only minor.

sorry you read some bad reviews!
Old 2/13/17, 06:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by David.Turner
i image you have re-checked the setting menu since changing the harness, right???
I did, and is not that. Camera works fine if I press the CAM button, my only issue is linking the green camera wire to 12v in reverse. Unfortunately I'm thinking 2005 is different from other years since I can't find a hot wire in the passenger kick panel SJB or wiring harness.
Old 2/19/17, 07:52 PM

Is this unit made with ROSEN quality or is it an inferior grade.
Old 2/20/17, 01:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by jim010
Dan did say to comment here, though.
I'm sorry let me transferee your call so they can also transfer it
Old 2/20/17, 01:46 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I went with the new Kenwood DNX893S hdmi , 2-rear USB's SIM card & 2 cameras if need & the setup is awesome upload any screen shot, customize each divce coming through be it USB/Bluetooth/hdmi/iPhone/iPad & the system rembers setting for each, I put a rear cam in but will go back to my truck key hole camera. Has CarPlay can hook into Ford sync buttons if need.tilt screen 5 positions DVD I even hooked up my Apple TV through the hdmi port , also mirrors your phone screen , can do movies . When your stuck somewhere
Attached Thumbnails 2005-2009 Mustang Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/ Back-Up Camera!-img_1415.jpg   2005-2009 Mustang Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/ Back-Up Camera!-img_2309.jpg   2005-2009 Mustang Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/ Back-Up Camera!-img_2137.jpg   2005-2009 Mustang Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/ Back-Up Camera!-img_2102.jpg  

Last edited by GottaHaveIt; 2/20/17 at 01:48 AM.

Quick Reply: 2005-2009 Mustang Raxiom OE-Style GPS Navigation w/ Back-Up Camera!