The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   05-09 Exterior Modifications (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f691/)
-   -   SSE Generation II Louvers - INSTALLED! (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f691/sse-generation-ii-louvers-installed-423433/)

CelticNut 10/20/05 11:32 PM

* * * U P D A T E * * *

NEW PIX AT END OF PAGE!

Well, here they are folks! Just couldn't wait to install my newly-painted SSE Generation II c-pillar window louvers. These pix weren't taken in an ideal setting, but I wanted to show y'all what they look like affixed to the car (without anyone's help!).

I've heard concerns about visibility and I really must say that the louvers don't present a problem. I will post better pix, including ones from the inside later.

nicksolheim 10/21/05 01:06 AM

Looks good :nice:

Louvers are the very next mod for me, it's just so hard to choose one!

I think I am going to go with MRT's, but I dunno :dunno:

GtStallion51 10/21/05 01:06 AM

that looks awesome :nice: . the only problem is now i'm going to have to spend the money and finally get these :-D

How hard is it to clean the window after washing the car?

TehSLeeper 10/21/05 01:08 AM

They look great. Nice job :nice:

Did you use 3M Double sided tape or what?

05YellowGT 10/21/05 05:29 AM

:nice:

CelticNut 10/21/05 07:32 AM

Originally posted by nicksolheim+October 21, 2005, 2:09 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(nicksolheim @ October 21, 2005, 2:09 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Louvers are the very next mod for me, it's just so hard to choose one!
[/b]

Hey don't let that stop you! I purchased these after weighing what was out there and I'm still not sure I was right! But I like the principle of sporting louvers, so I took a leap of faith. I still like the SS inserts 9-gill louvers. Who knows? I might peel these off down the road and apply different ones! While I'm very happy with the way these louvers have come out, I like to keep my options open. To a point. I'm not made of money; these louvers cost me about $360 delivered, painted and installed. But I'll switch them out if I find something better or if I tire of these down the road. Too soon to say...

Originally posted by GtStallion51@October 21, 2005, 2:09 AM
How hard is it to clean the window after washing the car?

I really don't know. I haven't had the opportunity to wash the car yet. I'll let y'all know if it becomes a problem.

<!--QuoteBegin-TehSLeeper
@October 21, 2005, 2:11 AM
They look great. Nice job :nice:
Did you use 3M Double sided tape or what?
[/quote]

Thanks! California Mustang Parts included a roll of 1/2" 3M double-sided tape and two packets of "adhesive promoter." You swab the glass mounting surface with this prior to applying the louvers. Once you affix the louvers, they don't budge!

Glad you like them! :nice:

Donna 10/21/05 08:04 AM

Those look awesome Chris!!

raisingkahne2004 10/21/05 02:00 PM

Those look great! If you have a chance can you post a couple pics of the whole car? I've always liked the MRT louvers the best but after seeing your car I may be swayed! :))

CelticNut 10/21/05 02:27 PM

Thanks everyone! :-D

I'd be glad to post some more pix. I will get some later today or tomorrow when I can find a nicer backdrop! I'll post them on this thread.

CelticNut 10/22/05 08:05 PM

As promised, here are some pix of the car in the California sunshine... B)

It was a beautiful day for a photo shoot. You can see the dome of the state capitol in the rear shot! :photo:

CelticNut 10/22/05 08:09 PM

More gratuitous pix... :jester:

Burke0011 10/22/05 08:38 PM

Chris-man - how you been???
Lucky looks GREAT!!!!
:nice: :banana: :nice:

AGBULLIT 10/22/05 09:14 PM

Great pics! :nice: :nice:

CelticNut 10/23/05 09:33 AM

Hey Dave, I'm doing great here in "NorCal." Thanks for praising Lucky; coming from you that's a compliment. The DK II is looking more ominous than ever! Yeah, I'm slowly but surely making her my own. If all goes according to plan, we're going to see some drastic changes (read: improvements) to her next spring!

Stay tuned for details... :jester:

I hope you're doing well and that you're sheltering that awesome beast of a car from those big storms. :eek:

And thanks, Lewis! I thought y'all here on TMS deserved better than my original "parking garage pix." :nice:

You can't beat the weather here; it's rained about two hours since I moved here on August 5th. I kid you not. But I hear the rainy season hits in early November, so I'm gearing up for it...