The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   05-09 Exterior Modifications (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f691/)
-   -   Sneak Peek... SSE Generation II Louvers (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f691/sneak-peek-sse-generation-ii-louvers-422939/)

CelticNut 10/13/05 11:45 PM

Although the outsides are painted Legend Lime, the insides still need to be painted flat black. I won't get them back until Tuesday. Guess I can wait...

Sorry for the poor quality of these images... I only had my cell phone with me. Still, they should give you an idea. I think they look great. The clear makes them look like a factory-installed option! :nice:

Here, the body shop guy held them in place:

acadian 10/14/05 08:08 AM

Man, I really like the SS generatin 2 louvers. And your paint shop did a great job of matching a metallic paint... not very easy to do. They look great.

Edit: I really, really... did I say really?... hope that the person who gets my car puts these on it and sends me pics. This was going to be my next mod. :crying:

keoni 10/14/05 08:15 AM

Awesome louvers man. I like the Gen 2 better myself

tammijoe 10/14/05 08:20 AM

Those are awesome!!! That is going to be my next mod on mine. I have been holding out on mods because I want to see how they look first and with this forum I am getting alot of ideas. :nice:

Mustang69-05 10/14/05 09:33 AM

Those look great! :nice:

puffyafros 10/14/05 09:39 AM

Those actually look better than how they look on cal-mustang.com for whatever reason. I like 'em!

CelticNut 10/14/05 09:42 AM

Thanks, folks! I'm happy with the results. Can't wait to permanently affix them to Lucky's flanks. I too, adopted the wait and see approach to modifying my 'Stang. It's safer and cheaper that way...

I'll put up "real" pix next week once they're installed. :jester:

05fordgt 10/14/05 12:34 PM

Chris, thanks for the photos. These Gen 2 versions are the ones I like the best. I was all set to NOT add louvers, but after seeing these, I am SERIOUSLY rethinking my decision. I may be adding them once my car gets here. Thanks again, they look great. :nice:

MeanStang 10/14/05 01:02 PM

looks good , my only gripe with it is it shows the outline of the window.. thats why i prefer the larger louvers

mustangspeeder 10/14/05 01:17 PM

Those look great Chris. :nice:

BillR 10/14/05 01:48 PM

WHAT is the difference between gen 1 and gen 2???

gshub77 10/14/05 01:51 PM

Originally posted by acadian@October 14, 2005, 8:11 AM
Man, I really like the SS generatin 2 louvers. And your paint shop did a great job of matching a metallic paint... not very easy to do. They look great.

Edit: I really, really... did I say really?... hope that the person who gets my car puts these on it and sends me pics. This was going to be my next mod. :crying:

If I win i promise I will put them on... :D those are super sweet but I have some other mods planned for the spring for my car before that.

on that same topic has anyone had that window removed and the louvers put in? I would think it would look sweet if its deeper in other then just glued on?

[edit]God i wish i could spell[/edit]

When you misspell the edit on misspelling you are having a rough day.

CelticNut 10/14/05 02:42 PM

Glad you folks like the pix. Again, I only wish the "camera" did them justice. I was glad the body shop guy offered to hold them up so I could get an idea of what they looked like from afar.

Bill, the primary difference between the Gen I and Gen II louvers is the shape of the vents; the Gen I's are somewhat rounded and the Gen II's are more angular. I prefer the latter because they contrast more with the sloping roofline.

I also like the louvers that cover the entire window frame, but I didn't want to lose the shape of the glass. In fact, I had my heart set on another pair before I found a link to California Mustang Parts, which featured these in their '05 Mustang section. I too, would have preferred a setup that allowed the substitution of a fixed window with a built-in set of louvers. But unless you're willing to shell out a lot of cash for a custom job, you've got to take what's available! On second thought, someone call Chip Foose and tell him he's got another "Overhaulin'" project! :jester:

My primary motivation for posting these pix was to show how these louvers look when painted to match the body color. I hadn't seen anyone's Gen II louvers painted in Legend Lime, so I thought it would be good to share 'em.

Johnny Mustang 10/14/05 04:48 PM

how much do body shops charge to put on the louvers?

CelticNut 10/14/05 05:11 PM

Originally posted by acadian@October 14, 2005, 9:11 AM
... hope that the person who gets my car puts these on it and sends me pics. This was going to be my next mod. :crying:

It 'aint over 'till the fat lady sings, Ian. Don't give up hope just yet, buddy! :nice:

I'm installing the louvers myself. Just going to follow the instructions and hope for the best. The body shop couldn't give me a guarantee that they'd stay put anyway, so what the heck?

When all is said and done, I'll have paid $180 for the paint job. Well worth it. I could never have done such a great job on them!

MeanStang 10/15/05 09:10 AM

Originally posted by CelticCub@October 14, 2005, 4:45 PM

I also like the louvers that cover the entire window frame, but I didn't want to lose the shape of the glass.

i hadn't thought about that but now that you mention it, it does retain more of that fastback look if you stick to the shape of the glass.