The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   05-09 Exterior Modifications (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f691/)
-   -   Saw a GT that was not a GT today....... (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f691/saw-gt-not-gt-today-407219/)

stangscuba98a 4/27/05 02:46 PM

Joe Cooper Fordin Tulsa Oklahoma has been taking the V6 cars they have and making them look like GT's. Saw a Redfire V6 with GT badges, V6 bumper with badly cutout spots for dual exhaust, V6 Front bumper, large side scoops and large rear fender scoops. Had black stripes also :notnice: I guess they cannot sell some of the V6 so they tack on all sorts of stuff including GT badges and pass it off as a GT.. :bang: ...shame shame. Looked really bad. :notnice:

Not a slam against anyone who owns a V6 but don't make it look like something it is not. :dunno:

GhostTX 4/27/05 02:49 PM

Dealers do the nuttiest things to sell a car.

With a car that's selling as hard and fast as the '05 Mustang...why do they tack on these dealer decorations to help sell a car that doesn't need help?

Altoid 4/27/05 02:49 PM

Because they all want to look like me.

stangscuba98a 4/27/05 02:51 PM

Oh ya and it had the tackiest chrome bling bling 20 inch rims I have ever seen. :notnice:

1999 Black 35th GT 4/27/05 02:51 PM

You would think that that would deter people from buying there :dunno:

94tbird 4/27/05 03:08 PM

wasting perfectly good msutangs if u ask me

Zip34 4/27/05 03:38 PM

When dealers toy with perfectly good Mustangs it makes me want to :puke:

Arioch 4/27/05 03:41 PM

Bunch of V6's at the local dealer with Roush badges and chin and rear spoilers. Looks kind of nice...

Fastbackman 4/27/05 03:45 PM

Hey stangscuba98a. I drove through there lot a couple of months ago. What a bunch of morons. I was totally turned off by the sales staffs attitude. Told me about a black GT they had coming and wanted to know if i wanted to make a bid. I told them no way I would pay over msrp and left.

JZInternet 4/27/05 03:54 PM

It sounds crazy for most of us but there are some that don't care if the car has a v8, v6, or even a 4 banger for that matter. For some looks or what other people think is what is important.

CelticNut 4/27/05 03:58 PM

I agree, they shouldn't try to pass off something for something else. In fact, I don't think they should get too carried away with dressing them up the way they do, either. A dealership near me dressed up a black V6 with all sorts of ground effects, decals, and a ducktail. Then they asked $29K for it! :eek:

Below are photos of what the car looked like months ago, when they first made the "enhancements" and current photos that show how well they held up (or should I say, didn't hold up?). They lowered their price to reflect the poor quality of their own mods...

I didn't want to hijack this thread; I only wanted to illustrate how some things are better left alone. Needless to say, this car hasn't moved off the lot! :notnice:

Sonic Brew 4/27/05 04:36 PM

Weird side skirts, don't like 'em.

Badsnke98 4/27/05 04:50 PM

Most Dealership mangement are Dorks! That should cover why!

Burke0011 4/27/05 05:40 PM

Originally posted by CelticCub@April 27, 2005, 4:01 PM
I agree, they shouldn't try to pass off something for something else. In fact, I don't think they should get too carried away with dressing them up the way they do, either. A dealership near me dressed up a black V6 with all sorts of ground effects, decals, and a ducktail. Then they asked $29K for it! :eek:

Below are photos of what the car looked like months ago, when they first made the "enhancements" and current photos that show how well they held up (or should I say, didn't hold up?). They lowered their price to reflect the poor quality of their own mods...

I didn't want to hijack this thread; I only wanted to illustrate how some things are better left alone. Needless to say, this car hasn't moved off the lot! :notnice:

What is WITH that door and skirt???

:bang: :bang: :bang:

No No NO

daveyramone 4/27/05 06:45 PM

They can dress them up however they like but putting GT badges on non-GT cars is just wrong. :nono:

adrenalin 4/27/05 06:50 PM

looking at those pics that has got to be the dumbest stripe job I have seen and they are missing pieces to the rocker panel. Some people :shame:

adrenalin 4/27/05 06:51 PM

Originally posted by exc911ence@April 27, 2005, 6:48 PM
They can dress them up however they like but putting GT badges on non-GT cars is just wrong. :nono:

Kinda like putting snakes on non-cobra's, or svt and roush symbols on the cars.

05stangkc 4/27/05 07:07 PM

Originally posted by CelticCub@April 27, 2005, 2:01 PM

They might want to sell the 04's in the background first!

subzero05 4/27/05 08:11 PM

If a dealer did that in California which is the aftermarket capital of the world, people would be hung =)