The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   05-09 Exterior Modifications (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f691/)
-   -   Replaced OEM tail lights with Coyotes! (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f691/replaced-oem-tail-lights-coyotes-533396/)

Gigantor 10/13/14 08:20 PM

Replaced OEM tail lights with Coyotes!

1 Attachment(s)
I wasn't too thrilled with the oem lights and I'm not feeling the Gen5 lights so I went with the Coyote lights. The smoked ones were nice but I like the contrast of the bright red and black much better. The sequential wiring harness really makes them stand out when I turn and stop. Although the only people that have noticed the new lights are Mustang fans, every one else says they look like the old ones.

The lights I really wanted were the Cervini Vintage Shelby kit but there was a $500 price difference and I figured that money could go towards my cams. Maybe I'll buy them if I ever find someone selling them used in good condition.

Attachment 190783

AMAlexLazarus 10/14/14 11:23 AM

Looking good!!! I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying your Raxiom's as much as I do!

Glenn 10/14/14 06:31 PM

yea for me at least I like the stock pieces over those. Nice just the same enjoy. Where did you get them from?

Gigantor 10/14/14 07:41 PM

I got them from American Muscle while they were on sale in September.

poldrv 1/3/15 09:47 AM

Here are Coyote's on my '05 Windveil Blue

Coyote Raxiom Tail lights on rear and Spyder Projector's on front. Shoot no pics will try again.

poldrv 1/3/15 09:50 AM

Coyote Raxiom Tail lights

3 Attachment(s)
Coyotes on rear and Spyder Projectors on front.

tbear853 1/4/15 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Gigantor (Post 6859712)
I wasn't too thrilled with the oem lights and I'm not feeling the Gen5 lights so I went with the Coyote lights. ... etc ...

Nice ..... these I like!

GottaHaveIt 1/5/15 11:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I like the Gen 5 but it's all personal prefer an e as to us the owner that makes us happy.

GottaHaveIt 1/5/15 11:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
No idea why it came out sideways on here ??

GottaHaveIt 1/5/15 11:44 AM

Ray it all t yes in nice with w blue ��

ford4v429 1/5/15 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt (Post 6884524)
No idea why it came out sideways on here ??

those do look great. just looked on AMs website, hadnt really looked at the 13/14 style replacements...

GottaHaveIt 1/5/15 06:01 PM

from removal to install with nuts tightened took 13:43 minutes that easy plug and play , I do think depending on thee cars color scheme & all will help it's owner to decide on what they think looks best to them :-)

GottaHaveIt 1/5/15 06:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this is the front now I may just keep halo fogs & go back to the oem headlight

GottaHaveIt 1/5/15 06:06 PM

follow me G.D

ford4v429 1/5/15 06:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
opinions are just that, but I do like the stock headlights better...the halo fogs are cool :)

I'm still thinking of taking my backups out- might try just with reflector tape to decide...if so, gotta fixture the lights in the mill, machine out the clear, find a set of used OEM ones to mill a red slug of reflector out of to press/glue into the old hole...thinking just LED license plate bolt backups- seen some that were pretty bright...

like the 13 tails, but i'm cheep... anyone want to sell me their old takeout lenses to hack up? i'd give 50 bucks for a set? been meaning to check the boneyards for a real cheap busted set- just need the bottom/center unbroken :) think losing the clear on the stockers would look more oldschool...

EDIT - quick photoshop of what I want to try:

mrkabc 1/11/15 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by ford4v429 (Post 6884678)
opinions are just that, but I do like the stock headlights better...the halo fogs are cool :)

I'm still thinking of taking my backups out- might try just with reflector tape to decide...if so, gotta fixture the lights in the mill, machine out the clear, find a set of used OEM ones to mill a red slug of reflector out of to press/glue into the old hole...thinking just LED license plate bolt backups- seen some that were pretty bright...

like the 13 tails, but i'm cheep... anyone want to sell me their old takeout lenses to hack up? i'd give 50 bucks for a set? been meaning to check the boneyards for a real cheap busted set- just need the bottom/center unbroken :) think losing the clear on the stockers would look more oldschool...

EDIT - quick photoshop of what I want to try:

You want 2013 takeoffs or 2005 ones?

Fear 1/15/15 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt (Post 6884664)
this is the front now I may just keep halo fogs & go back to the oem headlight

is it just me or does the light output suck with these headlights?:banghead::banghead: