The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   05-09 Exterior Modifications (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f691/)
-   -   Not happy with my deep dish rims (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f691/not-happy-my-deep-dish-rims-433854/)

jason929rr 4/28/06 05:01 AM

At least mine do on the front. They look great in the back but just look out of place up front.

anybody want to trade two 18 inch chrome deepdish for non deepdish?

anybody else think it looks out of place or is it just me?

tom281 4/28/06 05:03 AM

Maybe post a pic so we can see............

nvader 4/28/06 05:32 AM

I like mine. I think it wouldn't look as good with a non-DD in the front. It is your car and you need to be happy with it. Good Luck!

outdoorstom 4/28/06 06:25 AM

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/postpics.gif[/img]
I'd love to give you an opinion....but need to see them first! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

StangNut 4/28/06 07:05 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jason929rr @ April 28, 2006, 6:04 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
At least mine do on the front. They look great in the back but just look out of place up front.

anybody want to trade two 18 inch chrome deepdish for non deepdish?

anybody else think it looks out of place or is it just me?
[/b][/quote]
I have to agree with you Jason.
I've never liked the modern deep dish wheels.
Most people say they look like old school really wide rims, but I just don't see it.
They look more pimp than rice to me though.

MINO4.6 4/28/06 08:53 AM

I might, what kind of rims are they please post some pics.

NOLAGT 4/28/06 09:29 AM

Yeah post pics and tell us more about the rims...are they 9" on all 4 or 9 front and 10 back. I have chrome non deep dish but always like the DD one in the back....like you I wasnt so sure about the front tho. I wish I had the same front rim I have now and a DD back....but the rims I have are a slightly different style than the DD ones. Might not look to bad tho......

Here are mine.....

http://i3.tinypic.com/wlyomd.jpg

traffic142 4/28/06 09:36 AM

I have deep dish on front and rear, but I have never seen a set on a ricer??

seaclam 4/28/06 09:58 AM

Your kidding, right? I have a set on my black GT and they are absolutely awesome! Very bulky/muscle-car looking! Dude, they look great!

jason929rr 4/28/06 01:09 PM

OK, I have 9 inch chrome in front and 10 inch chrome in the back, both rims from mustang tuning only a few weeks old great condition.
I only want to sell or trade the front two 9 inch rims.

I Heard that back in the day the deeper dish tire was in the back. These rims i have seem ot have the same depth in the dish for front and back.
Don't get me wrong, it looks good but i think i would be happier with standard dish up front, thats all.
I don't have a digital camera yet but will try to get my sisters camera this weekend. thanks

If i trade someone, they should also be mustangtuning rims also. i would imagine.

mustangspeeder 4/28/06 01:43 PM

It might help to mention the style of the rim at least. Are they chrome bullits or something else? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

jason929rr 4/28/06 01:58 PM

Oh sorry about that, yeah they are the chrome bullit wheels.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(seaclam @ April 28, 2006, 11:01 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Your kidding, right? I have a set on my black GT and they are absolutely awesome! Very bulky/muscle-car looking! Dude, they look great!
[/b][/quote]
I do agree with you they do look great but i just wish that the front dish was just a little smaller then the back.

Firedude 4/28/06 05:50 PM

I would also like to trade my front 18x9 Mustangtuning Deep Bullets for 2 none deepdish 18x9's of the same. They are the Anthracite. I also like the look of deep in back only.

gmoy25 4/28/06 09:01 PM

I have the DD antracites also. I just got the 18X10s. So the attached pic still has the 18X9 in back and stock 04 GT bullitt up front(different offset than 05). I like the way the DD look, but I am going to wait until the tires are worn to swap out the fronts. BTW the fronts are 17s.

jason929rr 4/28/06 11:08 PM

18 in. chrome deepdishes bullets in the back, come on guys Somebody has to want these rims?? Or are u guys waiting for pics first?

Baginoman2 4/28/06 11:18 PM

u might wanna go with the black deep dishes....they dont look ricey at allll [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

THIS ISNT MY CAR!

but it will soon look like it [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/2005-mu...lits-49973.html

jason929rr 4/29/06 01:28 PM

well i got pics of my rims but i'm trying to figure out how to load them. it just said i can't upload with my file extention [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]

StangNut 4/29/06 05:42 PM

That just means you have to change the format of the picture.
For instance, it won't let you upload a bitmap (bmp) image but it will accept a jpeg image.
If you can't figure it out, email them to me.

jason929rr 5/1/06 03:02 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MINO4.6 @ April 28, 2006, 9:56 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I might, what kind of rims are they please post some pics.
[/b][/quote]

here are the pics.

bpmurr 5/1/06 10:40 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jason929rr @ May 1, 2006, 5:05 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
here are the pics.
[/b][/quote]

Oh the Rice is blinding me! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img] They look great bro I don't know what the problem is.