The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   05-09 Exterior Modifications (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f691/)
-   -   mirror mod.... (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f691/mirror-mod-424353/)

WERKED 66 11/2/05 07:24 AM

i have a buddy that has a body shop....he tell me he can reshape the mirrors for me...and no he won`t be using body filler.....the questions is should i have him try to do his thing and smooth them out...what do you guys think.......

AGBULLIT 11/2/05 07:39 AM

:scratch: What's wrong with the shape of the mirrors?

WERKED 66 11/2/05 07:57 AM

see i want to paint them...i think they would look good but better if the back end was more oval.....instead of being without any shape to them....

FLAstangx3 11/2/05 08:04 AM

GO FOR IT!!! Isn't that why you have YOUR Mustang. For YOU. Thats why I have MINE. Do'in it my why, for me.

Im not looking for the "wow" look. Just my look. Some will probably cringe at what I do, and others will say, why just that.

All I know, MY MUSTANG will forever be a work in progress with a constant eye out for her next mod.

WERKED 66 11/2/05 10:39 AM

Originally posted by FLAstangx3@November 2, 2005, 11:07 AM
GO FOR IT!!! Isn't that why you have YOUR Mustang. For YOU. Thats why I have MINE. Do'in it my why, for me.

Im not looking for the "wow" look. Just my look. Some will probably cringe at what I do, and others will say, why just that.

All I know, MY MUSTANG will forever be a work in progress with a constant eye out for her next mod.

i agree with ya all the way..just looking for opinons......

WERKED 66 11/3/05 04:25 PM

no other idea`s guys......wow...

Torch_Vert 11/3/05 08:36 PM

I think it's hard to give an opinion without a sketch or something to indicate what he has in mind.

silverado 11/4/05 12:06 AM

[attachmentid=37759]If you paint your mirrors, I would sand them down a bit so they would have a smooth surface to match the car. Saw some painted but not smooth and they looked cheap.

afcop13 11/6/05 07:12 AM

Even more radical I guess is the part of me that is considering a switch to the 1968 style chrome side mirrors. I have a body shop guy who said they can fill in that area, paint to match body and install retro-style mirrors. Just wish I could photo-shop it somehow. I may make the request to some of TMS's great artists!

DanteMO 11/6/05 08:20 AM

Originally posted by afcop13@November 6, 2005, 9:15 AM
Even more radical I guess is the part of me that is considering a switch to the 1968 style chrome side mirrors. I have a body shop guy who said they can fill in that area, paint to match body and install retro-style mirrors. Just wish I could photo-shop it somehow. I may make the request to some of TMS's great artists!

afcop,

Someone did this... I don't have the link but the person was talking about his dad's Eleanor clone and they put in old chrome mirrors... Sorry, wish I had the link but you might try searching for it