Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 4/8/05, 01:57 PM
Banned

Those turned out GREAT!!!!
Old 4/8/05, 02:51 PM
Bullitt Member

I have to honestly say that's the best I've seen yet. Very clean. If you built another I'd buy it . I'd want the inboard fog light holes though. Think about it. there are probably several people that would buy one.
Old 4/8/05, 03:14 PM

The bottom looks awesome, but IMO the top just looks unfinshed, if you know what I mean... it sorta has the look of a work in progress, like you haven't finished the grille yet.

I was thinking looking at it, what if you tried to cut holes for the foglights (center mounted) and then recessed the lights so they wouldn't stick out too far? It's obvious that you've got metal fab skills, so it doesn't seem like that would be TOO hard to do.

Also, I'd look into getting it finished in black chrome... It's not super blinged out like regular chrome would look.
Old 4/8/05, 03:46 PM
GT Member

If I were to put in center foglights, they would have to stick way out. If you look at Galpin's, they stick way out. There is a part of the radiator support that comes way out, making it impossible to put the center lights in farther, unless you hack that support piece off. Which could be done, but may decrease the structural integrity of the front? I know my grill is not finished, but I have it in so I can see it in place, and then decide what I want to do exactly. I am either going to put foglights in, in the stock location, or simply put the tri-bar/pony emblem off to the driver's side of the grill. I still haven't decided. Thanks for your input. Oh yeah, and I don't think that I will be doing black chrome. Sorry.

-Andy
Old 4/8/05, 03:48 PM
GT Member

Oh yeah, look at the turning marker... it got busted by a rock or something. Bummer. Oh well, it shouldn't be too hard to change out. You do have to take the bumper off though. It is riveted in place. Again, oh well!

-Andy
Old 4/8/05, 03:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by askiles@April 8, 2005, 3:49 PM
If I were to put in center foglights, they would have to stick way out. If you look at Galpin's, they stick way out. There is a part of the radiator support that comes way out, making it impossible to put the center lights in farther, unless you hack that support piece off. Which could be done, but may decrease the structural integrity of the front? I know my grill is not finished, but I have it in so I can see it in place, and then decide what I want to do exactly. I am either going to put foglights in, in the stock location, or simply put the tri-bar/pony emblem off to the driver's side of the grill. I still haven't decided. Thanks for your input. Oh yeah, and I don't think that I will be doing black chrome. Sorry.

-Andy

I noticed that there is a frame around the grille (duh). So if you recessed the mesh to the back of the frame instead of the front you could add the fogs and it would probably be close to flush with the front valance. Just an idea if you were to make another or.....sell one. If I could fabricate metal I would attempt this on my own but, no experience and no tools.... makes Jack a dull boy.
Old 4/8/05, 07:03 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

not for me