The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   05-09 Exterior Modifications (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f691/)
-   -   Ducktail (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f691/ducktail-394078/)

Rogue6 11/13/04 09:31 PM

What do you guys and gals think about the ducktails on some of the SEMA concepts? I was originally going to order my V6 with the sport package so I could get the spoiler. But, the more I look at the pictures from SEMA, the more I think I will go after market.

Car: Loaded '05 Torch Red V6 with Red/Charcoal Interior and Shaker 1000

List of mods (for today anyway):

Exterior:
1. Window Tint
2. Duck Tail (CDC)
3. Chin Spoiler (CDC) and Billet Grille (CDC)
4. Dual Exhaust with GT rear bumper valance
5. White Racing stripes

Interior:
1. Removing Red floor mats and replacing with Charcoal.
2. what else do you need with the IUP?!?

InsaneMetalHead 11/13/04 09:34 PM

:nice: sounds like awesome ideas. I cant wait to see how it turns out.

upstate 11/13/04 10:23 PM

Can't wait to see some of the chin spoiler choices that are offered.

dke 11/14/04 03:42 AM

I preferred MRT's if you are doing retro ducktail look. (MRT's is nice along those lines as well). There are some others that look nice/modern too. I'm with you on most of your choices (sounds nice).

Personally, instead of stripes, I was thinking a variation on JBA's silver (titanium?) with black flames theme. But you're further along; get pictures and show us how it looks.

Badsnke98 11/14/04 07:08 AM

Originally posted by Rogue6@November 13, 2004, 11:34 PM
2. what else do you need with the IUP?!?
Chrome Knobs! 3 climate control, 1 radio power, 1 headlight switch, 3 window control. Satin Finsh door pins and lock control. :-D Leather wrap for E-Brake. Upgrade for foot pedals after Ford puts them on an SE.

Oh this is going to be :banana: yea, it's just like that!

orthoguy 11/14/04 12:57 PM

I like the ducktail.....defineately get rid of the red floor mats......terrible to keep clean!

Rogue6 11/14/04 08:13 PM

After posting, I started reading some of the posts in the "Interior dress up" and found some pictures of door lock pins. Maybe the IUP alone won't be enough. We shall see.

As far as pics of my Mustang...it will be a while. I don't have mine yet, let alone put my order in. I have to wait until April to order it. I want it to arrive after I graduate. Master's Degree... :banana:

donkey 11/14/04 08:18 PM

I am seriously considering this.

Wonder if the car is prewired for it...

kintaro 11/14/04 08:22 PM

Originally posted by dke@November 14, 2004, 4:45 AM
I preferred MRT's if you are doing retro ducktail look. (MRT's is nice along those lines as well). There are some others that look nice/modern too. I'm with you on most of your choices (sounds nice).
Actually MRT used the CDC ducktail in the Interceptor car.

I'm definately feeling the Billet Grille and ducktail spoiler! The glassback is nice too! :drool:

iwantastang 11/14/04 08:22 PM

The autodimming mirror is one of the simplest mods to install. I did one on my dad's F-350 and took seriously 20 minutes at most. Pop off the drivers side A pillar, fuse box surround, and mirror, then slap in the new one, add the wire cover, tuck it in the top of the headliner, run it down the A pillar, into the fuse box, put a fuse sleeve on your circuit (dont remember which one) and ground it to the chassis. replace all trim, drive in a circle in program mode (if you have a compass) and youre set to go. I've got one with 5% limo tint on my back windshield, but it still seems to make the mirror images brighter, so I totally think its worth it.

Grantsdale 11/14/04 08:24 PM

Don't forget a shorter antenna.

iwantastang 11/14/04 08:30 PM

Originally posted by Grantsdale@November 14, 2004, 9:27 PM
A little JB weld and a hacksaw and thats a freemod! :banana:

Grantsdale 11/14/04 09:01 PM

Originally posted by iwantastang+November 14, 2004, 11:33 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (iwantastang @ November 14, 2004, 11:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Grantsdale@November 14, 2004, 9:27 PM
A little JB weld and a hacksaw and thats a freemod! :banana: [/b][/quote]
True, but with them being so cheap, I'd rather just buy one and not screw up the stock one if i cut it wrong.

yur1279 11/14/04 09:04 PM

I really want to add a ducktail to mine. Is there a link to the companies that are making them and will they be in the current colors or only for certain ones? Any info would be appreciated.

iwantastang 11/14/04 09:06 PM

Originally posted by Grantsdale+November 14, 2004, 10:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Grantsdale @ November 14, 2004, 10:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

Originally posted by iwantastang@November 14, 2004, 11:33 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Grantsdale

@November 14, 2004, 9:27 PM

True, but with them being so cheap, I'd rather just buy one and not screw up the stock one if i cut it wrong. [/b][/quote]
Good call. I just thought id mention the redneck freemod way of doing it first.

slegos888 11/14/04 09:06 PM

Originally posted by yur1279@November 14, 2004, 10:07 PM
I really want to add a ducktail to mine. Is there a link to the companies that are making them and will they be in the current colors or only for certain ones? Any info would be appreciated.
normally body pieces come unpainted if you are lucky you can find ones that are already primed tho :dunno:

its_amazing 11/14/04 09:39 PM

Originally posted by iwantastang+November 14, 2004, 11:09 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (iwantastang @ November 14, 2004, 11:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

Originally posted by Grantsdale@November 14, 2004, 10:04 PM

Originally posted by iwantastang@November 14, 2004, 11:33 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Grantsdale

@November 14, 2004, 9:27 PM

True, but with them being so cheap, I'd rather just buy one and not screw up the stock one if i cut it wrong.

Good call. I just thought id mention the redneck freemod way of doing it first. [/b][/quote]
you forgot the ductape antenna ball at the top end then,,,,, :jester:

dke 11/15/04 03:20 AM

Originally posted by kintaro@November 14, 2004, 9:25 PM
Actually MRT used the CDC ducktail in the Interceptor car.
I'm definately feeling the Billet Grille and ducktail spoiler! The glassback is nice too! :drool:

Ya. Actually, what I meant was the MRT little front scoop fit with the ducktail better. (I realize they were roughly the same). (MRT looks like they blended it in with a little bondo, but the same ducktail).

And I'm with you on the glassback, billet, and love the light cover tinting....