The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   05-09 Exterior Modifications (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f691/)
-   -   Dark Gray or White stripes for my Legend Lime GT? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f691/dark-gray-white-stripes-my-legend-lime-gt-489560/)

5pointoh 12/1/10 02:05 AM

Dark Gray or White stripes for my Legend Lime GT?

4 Attachment(s)
I am on the fence as to what colour LeMans stripes I want for my car. I like white for the classic look, but I would not mind dark grey for a more aggressive look. I have seen pics of Legend Lime green S197's with white stripes, but have yet seen dark grey. So I guess if I go dark gray.....it would be more unique as well.

I am planning on installing a CDC shaker hood and a black textured Cervinis GT500 style chin spoiler as well. I am also considering "GT350" rocker panel stripes that will match the Lemans stripes.

I am considering dark grey Oracal stripes. The colour can be seen in the following link. You need to scroll down close to the end to see all the grays. The one I am referring to is #073 (Dark Grey).

Your feedback here would be much appreciated.

5pointoh 12/1/10 02:06 AM

Oh yes, here is the link that I forgot in my last post:

http://www.oracal.com/products/all-c...p?seriesID=184

ARBO 12/1/10 07:40 AM

I can't offer any help. I could never figure out a color for the LL vert I had. I too wanted a CDC shaker but upon seeing a LL with Shaker and no stripes, I didn't care for that look at all. That was the only car in years I didn't do some graphics to. I went with the "classic" look. Won many 1st place trophies with that car. Still miss it.

ETNOATS 12/1/10 11:26 PM

find a pic of the LL with white stripes, post it in the photoshop thread and ask someone to change them to grey. You going metallic or non? I think the grey would look good since you have the grey wheels. Check around S197forum.com to see if anyone has the combo.

5pointoh 12/2/10 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by ETNOATS (Post 5981618)
find a pic of the LL with white stripes, post it in the photoshop thread and ask someone to change them to grey. You going metallic or non? I think the grey would look good since you have the grey wheels. Check around S197forum.com to see if anyone has the combo.

Thanks that is a good idea. I will see what I can find. The dark grey is non-metallic. I was thinking the same thing with the gunmetal wheels. I think the grey complements the LL well.....but am hoping to get other people's opinions as well since I have never seen this combo yet.

ETNOATS 12/2/10 06:18 PM

How much metallic does the LL have? Just wondering which would match the paint better.

5pointoh 12/3/10 09:31 PM

As far as I can see, the paint is not too metallic.

I will try searching the forum you mentioned this weekend to see if I can find some pics with dark grey stripes.

mustangbaxter 12/4/10 07:32 AM

try www.legendlimeregistry.com

lots of green cars there

Antigini-GT/CS 12/4/10 08:13 AM

There's a guy who lives around the area I do with a Legend Lime with white stripes and billet grille. I have to say, i'm not a fan. I think the grey would go much better with your wheels and grille combo.

5pointoh 12/4/10 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by ETNOATS (Post 5981940)
How much metallic does the LL have? Just wondering which would match the paint better.

I think you may have indicated to me that Oracal would be a good product to consider??

If so, does this product go on well like the 3M stripes?

houtex 12/4/10 11:42 AM

For what it's worth, I've been debating on it in my mind.. and have come up with this answer:

Neither.

Car's perfect like it is.

5pointoh 12/4/10 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by houtex (Post 5982576)
For what it's worth, I've been debating on it in my mind.. and have come up with this answer:

Neither.

Car's perfect like it is.

I think if I just put the shaker hood scoop on with no stripes.....it might look a little too plain. The stripes break it up a bit.

If I were not putting a shaker on, I would not stripe it.

5pointoh 12/4/10 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by mustangbaxter (Post 5982514)
try www.legendlimeregistry.com

lots of green cars there

Good idea, but unfortunately no one has dark grey stripes on there either. The closest was a medium grey.

2005mach1 12/4/10 07:31 PM

I had the shaker with no stripes or good graphics, see LLR
05mach1. You can look at legend lime mustangs

ARBO 12/4/10 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by 2005mach1 (Post 5982702)
I had the shaker with no stripes or good graphics, see LLR
05mach1. You can look at legend lime mustangs

What do you mean, your Boss stipes do it, tie it all together. I've always loved your car's look.

I had a partchment top on my LL vert and it was hard for me to do stripes that would work with a Shaker. IMO So I didn't.

ETNOATS 12/4/10 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by 5pointoh (Post 5982573)
I think you may have indicated to me that Oracal would be a good product to consider??

If so, does this product go on well like the 3M stripes?

The Oracal went on just like the 3m, maybe a little easier around the corners. Avery is another to consider. Those are the three biggest names that I know of with car vinyl. If your going non matallic, the 3M should be fine. I believe its just the metallic 3M that has the criss cross pattern in it.

5pointoh 12/5/10 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by ETNOATS (Post 5982725)
The Oracal went on just like the 3m, maybe a little easier around the corners. Avery is another to consider. Those are the three biggest names that I know of with car vinyl. If your going non matallic, the 3M should be fine. I believe its just the metallic 3M that has the criss cross pattern in it.

Is the non-metallic 3M just as glossy as the Oracal? Any one deal with High Performance Graphics in California?

ETNOATS 12/5/10 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by 5pointoh (Post 5982900)
Is the non-metallic 3M just as glossy as the Oracal? Any one deal with High Performance Graphics in California?

not sure about that. Some places will send you samples of their vinyl, if you tell them your not sure what color you want.

5pointoh 12/6/10 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by ETNOATS (Post 5983050)
not sure about that. Some places will send you samples of their vinyl, if you tell them your not sure what color you want.

Unfortunately, High Performance Graphics do not send out samples. I just got an email from them.

Does anyone know where else I can order stripes from that will send out samples if I am uncertain about colour.

What do you guys think of the alloy metallic colour on my LL? You can see it in the following link.....just click on the OE racing stripe colours section to enlarge it.

http://www.hiprographics.com/mustang_racing_stripes

StangMahn 12/6/10 11:11 PM

grey stripes to match the wheels, definitely