05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

Custom Dash Plaque

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/07, 08:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by StangNut
Brad sent me to http://www.mach1registry.com/products/id_tags.htm to get one like he had on his car.

Here's one I've been thinking about doing.
Well I emailed the guy from this site(his name is Gary). Very nice guy and very helpful, he said he can make one for me as long as it is somewhwat similar to Brad's. However he will be out of town for the next 2 weeks but when he comes back I am going to have one made. Anyone else interested in this i highly suggest contacting him, so far hes been nothing but great!

P.S.-Stangnut: Where did you get that sheet with all the info on your car?
Old 1/30/07, 08:21 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
That's just something I made up using Microsoft Paint. (It'd be pretty easy in Word too though) I have SEVERAL different configurations I made trying to decide what I liked best. (kind of picky )

If you're asking about all the info on there, those are just the ordering codes from the order guide and I think the descriptions are from the window sticker. You can get your actual build date from an OASIS report. Assembly plant? Obvious, but Mustangs were built at several different plants back in the 60's so that one's a little retro touch. The "Sold To" and "Ship To" are also on the window sticker, but for most people they're both the dealership where they bought their car. (Mine are different because it was delivered to my work straight from Ford so it's shows a neat little piece of the car's history... see "Delivered" link in sig) I put the "Built For" on there to always show who the original owner was. (I plan on putting it in an out of the way location so it will still be there long after I sell the car)
Old 1/30/07, 09:02 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I emailed Gary earlier today too. He does seem really nice. Once he gets back, I am going to email him my info.

Thanks again stangnut and Brad
Old 1/30/07, 09:04 PM
Cobra R Member

Here's an off topic question: I swear I posted this in interior mods, and now it is in exterior mods. Am I delusional, or was this thread moved?
Old 1/30/07, 10:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

haha, anyone wanna set this up for a sizeable run, more than one offs?
Old 1/31/07, 07:24 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, that's exactrly what I was hoping for, believe it or not - if they already have the setup to do that, and the logos (and they are allowed to use them) then I'd say go for it. While we can do custom pieces like that, it's not our day-to-day business, and I know a lot of you would like the Ford stuff on there (I would too if I were a customer) so this might be a good route for you.

I knew that a "dash plaque" could be done by most trophy shops, just didn't know they had the logos on file.
Old 1/31/07, 12:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ill wait to see if you end up doing this, Im in no rush but if you do Ill take a few
Old 1/31/07, 01:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Here is what he did for our Mach1's. He did two different versions. One that fit on our console stack, and one for our engine compartment's.
Attached Thumbnails Custom Dash Plaque-000_0002a.jpg  
Old 1/31/07, 02:51 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by cruisin
Ill wait to see if you end up doing this, Im in no rush but if you do Ill take a few
I'm about 95% sure that I am going to get it from Gary. That was the exact site I was looking for (I knew someone made them for bullitts and mach 1's, but didn't know who...thanks again stangnut and brad)

But, it's going to be a few weeks, as he is out of town. But, once I get it, I will post pics.

PS: Marcello, thank you too for your help. I appreciate it immensely.
Old 2/2/07, 02:23 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Not a problem - like I said, if the software they are using includes the licensing / use of the logos, then I'd love to know who's it is, as I will gladly buy a copy for our use, vs. going the route of officially licensing each product individually, which costs way more than you'd like to know.
Old 2/19/07, 06:49 PM
Cobra R Member

UPDATE: I just ordered the dash plaque from Gary.

I will be sure to post pics when it arrives, but it probably won't be here for a couple of weeks.
Old 2/22/07, 07:40 AM
Cobra R Member

ANOTHER UPDATE: I ordered the Dash Plaque Monday evening, and got an email yesterday (Wednesday) saying that the dash plaque was in the mail. Talk about quick turn-around!!!
Old 2/22/07, 11:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

I am thinking about getting one of these made locally...

Where do you guys plan on putting the dash plaque?
Old 2/22/07, 01:54 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by scotts05custom
I am thinking about getting one of these made locally...

Where do you guys plan on putting the dash plaque?
I'm thinking between the two center A/C vents, but I'm not sure yet.
Old 2/28/07, 03:52 PM
Cobra R Member

I was delighted to find my dash plaque in the mail today.

Kudos to Gary, as he had it in the mail less than 48 hours after receiving my order. And, it was very nicely packaged. He taped it to a piece of cork-board to keep it from bending, and then placed it in a padded envelope. A+ to him.

BTW, to annoy TacoBill, I decided to black out the VIN and build date
Attached Thumbnails Custom Dash Plaque-tag.jpg  
Old 2/28/07, 05:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That looks awesome! Im going to order one of these ASAP. Anyone know how I can find my build date? I have my VIN number so is there someway I can use that to look it up?

Edit: Nevermind someone (little black pony) already did me a favor and looked it up for me. Thanks again!
Old 2/28/07, 05:32 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by S197 V6
That looks awesome! Im going to order one of these ASAP. Anyone know how I can find my build date? I have my VIN number so is there someway I can use that to look it up?
You can get it off an Oasis report. I had them run one when I bought the car just to make sure everything was copasetic (I bought it "brand-used").

Or, a Ford dealer/service dept should be able to get you it. Also, there are some members on this forum that work for dealers, so they may chime in.

BTW, the one I had made was "custom" made. The original design is VIN and Owner name, but I wanted build date instead. Also, he has different designs for the plaques. If you just email him, and tell him what you are looking for, he will provide you with choices. He even made mine slightly smaller than usual to allow it to fit between the A/C vents.

Just email him, and he will help you out
Old 2/28/07, 05:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thats really nice, I like it a lot
Old 2/28/07, 06:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Build date?

This is likely covered in another thread somewhere. How do I find my build date? I've got a 2006. Thanks!
Old 2/28/07, 06:52 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Spirit
This is likely covered in another thread somewhere. How do I find my build date? I've got a 2006. Thanks!
Read three posts up.

Quick Reply: Custom Dash Plaque